FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skateboard?

hizzy
anyone skateboard? I have been for a few years now on and off, quit a couple years ago because i broke a few ribs, but recently have started back up, If you skate, What can you Do? Know of any great skate spots? let us know, might have to visit them Smile,

Hizzy
bastropjoel
What part of the world do you hail from? I skate, been doing it for 25 years. The body doesn't handle the slams the way it use to, though. In fact, I broke my arm last January and had to have pins installed. 12 weeks in a cast, and I,m still not back all the way.

But you have to do what keeps you young.
bissoboa
guys, I loved skateboard when I was a teenager! I used to go out with few friends of mine and enjoy a lot on arcade in my town. I have never been very tough or skilled, I didn't master how to jump even I always wanted to do... Sad but I suspect this was cause I had not the right board!
Now I am 25 have stopped skating for years and I can't do it at all.
I hope your bones will come back ok next times but I look up to you able to jump and make outstanding things with a skate.
Stefano
hlavco
Skateboarding looks like fun but I never really got the opportunity to get into it.
bonestorm74
I did try it as a kid but never did it regularly enough to get any good at it. Took a few spills which resulted in a few abrasions, but all in good fun. Smile
Drogarush
I used to skate for about 5~ years or so, and during that time I mastered the art of falling the best way to minimize any injuries or damage. I mostly flatskated, but I really got a big rush out of huge speeds, in which I got a beating every now and then.

Skating at parks was potentially fun, but you can never beat a great ol' downhill. Smile

Any other speed (not the drug if I may add) addicts around?
Quickfeet
i've tried to skateboard, but i suck, i nearly broke my arm the first time i tried
miacps
Drogarush wrote:
I used to skate for about 5~ years or so, and during that time I mastered the art of falling the best way to minimize any injuries or damage. I mostly flatskated, but I really got a big rush out of huge speeds, in which I got a beating every now and then.

Skating at parks was potentially fun, but you can never beat a great ol' downhill. Smile

Any other speed (not the drug if I may add) addicts around?

Oh yeah!

Back in the day (2001-ish"), we found an old unused school's pool near my house. The sides of the pool were much too steep to skate and there was all sorts of debris laying inside like rocks, glass, cans and other garbage. However, leading down to it there was an extremely steep slope. I have no idea why anyone would build such a thing leading to a pool but my friends and I decided it would be fun to ride down the slope. I skated down from the half way mark and it was insane; at one point all my wheels lost contact with the ground when I neared the bottom. I somehow avoided slamming to my glassy, rocky death. Even if that place still existed today, thats the first and last time I would ever skate down it.

Mad props to my friend that rode down 3/4's of the way up.

What a rush!!!!! Shocked
slashnburn99
When we were younger back in the 90s

Used to a catumarang (spelt it wrong i think)

one person sits on the ir board puts legs on another persons board and vice versa.

find the biggest hill you can and go for it.

God, look back now never got heard, worse was a stingy rash when we had to avoid someone coming around a 90 degree corner at the end of our run.