FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Republican John Warner: Jimmy Carter was right





handfleisch
John Warner: Jimmy Carter Was Right posted by Ira Flatow on Friday, August 1. 2008

http://www.sciencefriday.com/blog/index.php?archives/323-John-Warner-Jimmy-Carter-Was-Right.html

It took 30 years, but Jimmy Carter finally has gotten recognition for the wisdom of his energy policies. Speaking on Science Friday, Senator John Warner, a Republican from Virginia who first entered the Senate during Carter's term in office, said that Jimmy Carter "was right" when he called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research.

Senator Jeff Bingaman, Democrat from New Mexico, agreed. As chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, one would expect a fellow democrat to back the former President. But I must admit I was a bit surprised to hear Warner readily agree. Jimmy Carter has a tough time being called "right" about anything in his administration, let alone from Republicans. Warner has recently discovered the threat posed by global warming through his discussions with Pentagon brass who are concerned about the submerging of Naval ports around the world as the oceans rise. Though he is late to the ball, Warner readily admitted the country was asleep at the switch for the last three decades.
myleshi
Carter was right? That's a hoot.
Carter's term saw inflation and interest rates soar, both topping 18%. I remember waiting in line to buy gas, guess that was part of his energy policy.
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Carter was right? That's a hoot.
Carter's term saw inflation and interest rates soar, both topping 18%. I remember waiting in line to buy gas, guess that was part of his energy policy.


Ignore the name and the reputation and tell me if you disagree with this given the reality of today:

Quote:
called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research.


Regardless of what he did or didn't do, that statement is as true today as it is ever going to be.
myleshi
Quote:
Ignore the name and the reputation and tell me if you disagree with this given the reality of today:

Quote:
called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research.


Regardless of what he did or didn't do, that statement is as true today as it is ever going to be.


That's half the answer. The other half is exploiting our natural enegry resources (oil, coal, natural gas) in the time it takes to develop those "alternative energy" dreams Carter had.

Carter wasn't much of a president, but was a good nuclear engineer.
Related topics
NY Times: A perfect example of lieberals spreading...
Can anyone (preferrably a Republican fan-boy) splane this?
Imageadvisor to the Hamas
CON-serve-va-tives and LIE-ber-alls are essentially the same
The Iran Issue!
Koka Kola deđil, Kol Kola
Bush: My way or the highway with Detainees bill.
Anything you want to know about islam??
Repub. John Warner: Jimmy Carter Was Right about energy
Sexism in the US Presidential Election
Auto company bailout
Things only a Republican could believe
Obama's speech to students Kindergarten through 12
Another Lefty Doesn’t Get His Way; Makes Death Threats
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.