FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sony Ericsson W580i

[FuN]goku
Okay, so i just got my paycheque ever as of thursday, which gave me $583! I work at a warehouse so i get $3 or so more than minimum wage Razz

Anyways, the first thing i wanted, was a cellphone. I compared some phones that the local phone companies had, and i decided to go with rogers as they had nicer phones (plus their plans are pretty good i guess).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Ericsson_W580i <-Some info there

http://www.myhphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sony-ericsson-w580i.jpg <-Better image there

Anyways , since i don't want to sign a contract , i bought the phone individually, for a total of $379 (Rogers also had a $30 setup fee xD , the phone itself was $229 plus tax).

I must say, this phone is just full of surprises, it's got an expandable micro Sd slot , it's got a camera and mp3 player. Also, it's got alarms, and step counter (interesting to use since i work at a warehouse) and probably a bunch of other standard stuff. Oh , and it's a slider phone Razz

The mp3 player, is awesome, you can listen to your music while you text or browse or just play around with your phone. Another interesting thing i found about the phone, was that if you hold down one of the buttons, you shake the phone and it shuffles your music! I just thought that was pretty neat.

The camera, has a few settings, 2mp, 1mp or VGA (649x480) which has zoom Razz. And then it has some effects. The biggest letdown of the camera, was the fact that it doesn't have flash. Ah well.

But yeah, this is my first phone, and i just love it. I would recommend getting one for anyone who is looking to invest in a phone, i think they're worth the money.
snowboardalliance
That's what I have and it's pretty nice. I really just got it because it had a free memory card and came with a usb cable all for like $50 from at&t.
[FuN]goku
haha, on my next paycheque i'm getting an 8 gig card for it.. Razz
snowboardalliance
[FuN]goku wrote:

wow, nice.
The free one was like 256MB, like enough for some pictures as long as I empty it after a while. But I don't really use the pictures much.
[FuN]goku
you only got a 256 with yours? Hm, mine came with a 512 Razz

its really annoying though. cuz it's not enough . I can put a couple songs on it.. then i leave enough for like.. 30 pics or something.
snowboardalliance
[FuN]goku wrote:

its really annoying though. cuz it's not enough . I can put a couple songs on it.. then i leave enough for like.. 30 pics or something.

Oh yeah actually I think you're right
ForceRun
I have not seen a cell phone camera with a flash. Heck I haven't seen a cell phone camera take any good pictures at all. MY blackjack II does good only when there is a lot of light and little to no movement,
surdy
[FuN]goku wrote:

I must say, this phone is just full of surprises, it's got an expandable micro Sd slot ,

Beware !! its not a microSD slot its a micro M2 card slot. so don;t end up buying a micro sd card , it won't fit in the slot and you'll end up wasting money.
Its great though that micro m2 upto 8gb is available , but i hate to see that its more expensive than microSD. Anyways i love the phone and got it for free with a contract so won't hurt spending a bit.

Quote:

it's got a camera and mp3 player. Also, it's got alarms, and step counter (interesting to use since i work at a warehouse) and probably a bunch of other standard stuff. Oh , and it's a slider phone Razz

Camera is good but not very great. But i love the Fitness features ..(step count , miles walked , calories burnt)

Quote:

The mp3 player, is awesome, you can listen to your music while you text or browse or just play around with your phone. Another interesting thing i found about the phone, was that if you hold down one of the buttons, you shake the phone and it shuffles your music! I just thought that was pretty neat.

I just love the walkman feature , excellent sound quality. Its just rocks
surdy
[FuN]goku wrote:

be sure to get a Micro M2 and not microSD
surdy
[FuN]goku wrote:

Mine came with none .. Sad as i bought the carbon grey one. My friends who got thewhite phone got 256mb card.
which color do you own ?
snowboardalliance
surdy wrote:
[FuN]goku wrote:

Mine came with none .. Sad as i bought the carbon grey one. My friends who got thewhite phone got 256mb card.
which color do you own ?

white, and is it 256? yeah that's right (I finally checked it) better than nothing
airh3ad
This is a cool gadgets the mp3 player, is awesome,this phone is just full of surprises, it's got an expandable micro Sd slot i think . the quality of a picture also good.this is just like my mothere cellphone.