FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mummy III

carl_fernandes
Has any see the Mummy III ? The first 2 parts were amazing in special effects and stunts... If anyone has caught the Latest movie the drop in your review and comments of the movie here. Will be useful for the other readers...

=============================
http://amazing-goa.blogspot.com
djclue917
I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing that it'll feature a lot of Martial Arts since Jet Lee is THE Mummy.
blk3
I've watched the first 2 Mummy movies and also the spinoff Scorpion King. I can say the effects are pretty decent. But this 3rd Mummy movies, from the trailers I think the effects are upgraded. ANd besides with Jet Li you can expect some nice action scenes.
media-flow
i watched the mummy 3 yesterday

and personally i think it was crap

and so do the reviewers

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/mummy3?q=mummy

advice to all "don't waste your money"
lethaltriad
I almost watched it on wednesday but it was sold out Sad Not too sure if i'm as interested though to watch this third installment as the other parts. Special effects though looks great.
SHARPBALL
Ok i give it a try have seen the other 2 and those ware great.

It is the teater now so lets spend some monny, like always the rain is faling here so got some time to spend.

keep you updated
leontius
The story does not make sense, everything seems to be made up just to lengthen the movie. The effects are good but not enough to cover the bad storyline.
weselldonkeys
I saw the mummy III last week. It wasn't that bad, that same day I also went to see The Dark Knight. I prefer The Dark Knight over the Mummy III. I never really liked the mummy movies, so that's probably why. I don't like the new Mrs. Collins or whatever her name was, She doesn't seem to fit the part.
supernova1987a
I did see it. The makers must have spent most of their time on animations and stuff. They really didn't think of the storyline as much as they did to the special effects. But the ancient knowledge are being secretly forwarded to the people, about apocalypse, the armageddon, the old mummies and their role in the final war, the mystic place of Shambhala (more popularly known as the Shangri~la), the existence of mythical creatures like Yeti and their probable role in the final days.

Rolling Eyes Razz Wink
dont believe it?
hehe
Nutteloos
While the stories I've heard are not that promising, I'll probably go watch this one in cinema anyway... You have to watch movies like these for their special effects only, not the story. And special effects work best on a big screen. Smile
teaminfamous
didn't really like it as much as the first and second :S
dude_xyx
Its not good as first two movies though the movie is not bad. Also they end it indicating that there will another movie coming. Also too bad Rachel Weisz not in it. She had done a great job in those last two movies.
Nutteloos
While I think she did quite a good job in the first one, I wasn't really that fond of her character in the 2nd movie... not enough emotion, perhaps?
bellebello
i was quite disappointed with this one. I loved the first 2 but this one kinda sucks. I can't quite get used to brendan fraser having a kid that old. they look like brothers.
bellebello
i was quite disappointed with this one. I loved the first 2 but this one kinda sucks. I can't quite get used to brendan fraser having a kid that old. they look like brothers.
absolution
I was pretty disappointed with this movie also, as i had seen all the trailers and it looked fantastic. Well that was the thing they put all the great looking things into the trailer and well the story line was subpar standard. But i may not of liked the movie as much because of it being hyped up so much.
Zaini711
Very dissapointed..... where is Rachel weis ? By her not in the movie, by itself make the movie soooooo uninterested. And why Brendan look kind of chubby in the movie ? Jet Li's villain does not do justice for him...... I think the story development and directing is weak.... Even the effect is nothing to talk about... seen it, been done before, nothing great....
moorthyrweb
Mummy III was totally differ from the previous releases. It doesn't relative to the previous releases of mummies.
crimson_aria
I suddenly wasn't interested when I heard Rachel Weisz not in it. =/ and after reading bad reviews, I didn't want to see the movie in the theatre anymore. I'll wait till it's available for rent or something.
flowerpower
yeah Rachel Weisz does not play in this movie. quite deceiving but the other actress does act well though. Just saw Mummy III this week. Nice plot but I found it very different from the previous releases and for my part, I didn't find it as interesting and funny as the others. quite disappointed too.
DAsite
Well, I liked the movie overall. It was a great action movie (guess you gotta be a fan of the mummy and action to like it), didn't like the fact that his son was that old... and that they had a different person playing his wife... other than that I thought it was great! I like all martial arts movies, and pretty much anything that has Jet Li in it, so maybe Im partial, who knows... all I know is it was GREAT!
dude_xyx
Maybe its because the story is not directly related to the first movie and second movie. Everything is way too different. Maybe that's why many mummy fans didn't feel that movie is good.
KKatiL
This Is A Best Movie i Suppose
r4inm4ker
It's just average for me. Too many effects(although it's good Smile ) and the story is a bit boring. I didn't watch previous Mummies, so I don't know about storyline connections.
cavey
I liked it :) My boyfriend loved it. He's a huge Jet Li-fan!
Rajiev
Watched Mummy 3, The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor ..

THe film is OK, but I didn't like it as much as the first two Sad I guess others think that way too. That's why it only scored 5.2/10 on IMDB site (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859163/)

Quote:
Although Jet Lee is there, No marshal arts :p

But the Chinese Chick, Isabella Leong in the film is soo beautiful Razz I didn't say hot cos she has a calm charm. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1884816/)
TheVietMasta
The third Mummy was a good movie only problem i had with it was the fact that Jet Li turned into a 3 headed European dragon Sad that part threw the whole movie off since you know...he is Chinese and all..
Rajiev
Quote:

The third Mummy was a good movie only problem i had with it was the fact that Jet Li turned into a 3 headed European dragon Sad that part threw the whole movie off since you know...he is Chinese and all..

ROFL Laughing

Nice one man,

Although it gives away the movie,

Your post rox Razz
poppat
Another cash-in as usual.

Great effects, but they forgot about the storyline and continuity.

My kids loved it!

I hated it!

When they couldn't get Rachel Weisz they may as well have forgotten about making it. The whole thing was a waste of millions of dollars, again.

I am still interested in watching Brendan Fraser's new one - Inkheart. I am going to see it on Christmas Eve with my two children and their friends.

poppat
poppat
Poor editing makes this storyline very disjointed. Or maybe they just didn't have the ideas in the first place. Just a cash-in for the forthcoming trilogy boxset and all the merchandising. As usual, Hollywood is thinking of money over content. No Oscars for this one (not that it matters anyway).

poppat
carl_fernandes
I finally saw this movie. This movie was not as interesting as the previous 2 movies...
nhatoday
The first one is great, second one is good but the third one just Ok to watch
Nutteloos
I'll admit I still haven't seen this, though I'm not that excited anymore after reading all the reviews rating it mediocre.
bri4n5
Mummy III sucks! I mean a chinese mummy?? whats next a peruvian mummy?
desonium
I haven't watched it yet. But in the previews it looked very good. I am sure I gonna watch it when I have time Cool
xavekka
carl_fernandes wrote:
Has any see the Mummy III ? The first 2 parts were amazing in special effects and stunts... If anyone has caught the Latest movie the drop in your review and comments of the movie here. Will be useful for the other readers...

=============================
http://amazing-goa.blogspot.com

yes u r right first two part were nice but The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor[2] is a 2008 American adventure film that follows The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. It was released on August 1, 2008 in the United States. The film was directed by Rob Cohen, written by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, and produced by Stephen Sommers (director of the previous two installments), Bob Ducsay, Sean Daniel, and James Jacks. This film's plot was much lighter then the previous films and ignored the series' original formula (being a tribute to the original 1932 Universal horror film which involved mummies in Egypt).

The story has Rick O'Connell's (Brendan Fraser) son Alex (Luke Ford) discovering the tomb of The First Emperor of China, Emperor Han (Jet Li). This leads Rick and his wife Evelyn (Maria Bello) to travel to China, where an evil General causes the resurrection of The Emperor. The Emperor then tries to break an ancient curse set on him by the witch Zi Yuan (Michelle Yeoh) so he can use his magical powers to bring his army back to life to conquer the world.

While The Emperor character is actually based on Qin Shi Huang of The Qin Dynasty, and The First Emperor Of China, his dynasty in the film is fictionalized as being The Han Dynasty. [3] The film was poorly received by critics, which considered it an uninspired sequel with excessive special effects and a bad plot. Despite being poorly received by film critics, the film did well at the box office, grossing over $400 million worldwide.
sana618
desonium wrote:
I haven't watched it yet. But in the previews it looked very good. I am sure I gonna watch it when I have time Cool

in the previews they always show the best part not the boring part.
Nutteloos
sana618 wrote:

in the previews they always show the best part not the boring part.

Unfortunate but very, very true.
Asis
lol when did the 3rd part arrived :S
first 2 were funny so i hope it will be good
Mrbean
very good movie
deanhills
All the Mummy movies have been excellent. Real recommended viewing almost along Raiders of the Lost Arc momentum.
ato784
the movie was pretty good, although it was not as good as the first too since it is about far eastern mummies which do not make as good mummy movies.
juezy
This completely ruins the mummy franchise. The mummy is supposed to only be based in Egypt because it is the most traditional there. Basing it in China with massive wookie like creatures just destroys the storyline.