FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

500 Internal Server Error

jsfdan
OK, I don't know how this happens but I keep getting that. It's been doing that after I switched to Frihost... Why? Whats 500 ISE mean?
phpc0d3r
Check if you're index file (usually index.php or index.html) exists.

If it doesn't, you might have to re-upload it.
Diablosblizz
A Internal Server Error is a misconfiguration on a server. This doesn't mean that something on the Frihost servers have been misconfigured, although it does mean that one of your PHP files could be causing these errors. Check to see what PHP file is causing this error, and how it happens.

Best of luck.
jsfdan
MY Index.php always exist. How do I know which PHP File is causing the 500?
mathiaus
Do you have a .htaccess file? If so, what is it's content? Try renaming it and then see if your site works.
balend
I'm getting the same error on mslivewatch.com. It been going on for about 3 days and I get the error for about 8 hours, this also include me not being able to login in to cpanel. After that, it works for about an hour or two and the problem comes back again.
Diablosblizz
Balend, currently I just get a:

Quote:
Error establishing a database connection

But, that is because MySQL is messing up again. Luckily, you don't have a Internal Server Error. Let Bondings figure it out, it won't be long! Smile

Just hold tight!
balend
Diablosblizz wrote:
Balend, currently I just get a:

Quote:
Error establishing a database connection

But, that is because MySQL is messing up again. Luckily, you don't have a Internal Server Error. Let Bondings figure it out, it won't be long! Smile

Just hold tight!

Thank You
Coen
I'm having the problem too though. Hope it gets fixed soon because it's really annoying.
Firilacroco
This error appears really frequently. It's very annoying. I got this error tree times in only 10 minutes.

Please fix it!
Diablosblizz
Just wait guys, it may seem simple to all of you, but it's really not. First Bondings needs to address the problem, then figure out how to fix it. It's not so simple, so please wait. Smile I know it's frustrating, but the Frihost staff is trying their best.
cavedog2
I think this problem is on Server 1. I'm hosted on server 1 and I can't even login to my cpanel I just get a clank page and that error. But it seems the site works.
supernova1987a
i am having the same problem here. what does it mean? i dont think there can be any error. i just installed wordpress in one domain and joomla in the other. it keeps saying that and also says
Quote:
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i request frihost to look after this problem.
at that time even the file manager doesnt show any file.
Bondings
I'm working on resolving the problems with the 500 server error and cPanel not working from time to time. At the moment cPanel should be working fine and the same for the websites.
realtrue
Can we know the problem? Is it critical problem or maybe only some minor mistake? I hope you can fix it soon.
Firilacroco
Thank you, Bondings.
Coen
Thanks for letting us know, Bondings Smile.
shkhanal
Internal Server Error

I too have been facing it quite often since a couple of days. I hope there is not any problem in my php files. I'm waiting for this problem to solve.
[/quote]
Arseniy
As I said in similar topic, cpanel isn't working now for me, but site is up. 1st server.
Diablosblizz
Arseniy, which way are you trying to get into cPanel. If you're using port 2082 and don't get an error then something is blocking the port. Try using the other methods of getting into your Control Panel. They can be found under your account page.
Arseniy
Do you think I'm lamer? Smile
I'm entering through port and not through port (port is not blocked - I have no firewall), and nothing seems to work.
UPD: HOORAY!!! Cpanel works now at last Very Happy
Rajiev
I still get this error from time to time (A lot frequently now)

Why is that?

And How to find out in which server I'm hosted in ?
darkeagle
I am getting Internal Server Errors (500) or SQL Socket Connect Errors sometimes too...
Bondings
It's due to memory problems with the vps. I'm trying to solve them. It seems to be already a bit better, if I'm not mistaken.

The company I rent it from merged with another one (or something similar, I don't know the exact story) and there are a lot of problems since then with the vps. The quality isn't what it used to be. They are probably overselling and have to limit the resources of the vps's. There are some long topics about it on some webhosting forums. Anyway, I'll try to see what I can do about it myself. (If really needed, I'll transfer the accounts to another vps (of another company) or to a server. But only as a last resort.)
Diablosblizz
Arseniy wrote:
Do you think I'm lamer? Smile
I'm entering through port and not through port (port is not blocked - I have no firewall), and nothing seems to work.
UPD: HOORAY!!! Cpanel works now at last Very Happy

Even if you don't have a Firewall, a ISP can block the port for security reasons.
inphurno
well cp.frih.net or cp.frih.org seem to be down, i cant access my sites nor my ftp Very Happy
anyone else with the same prob?

edit: looks like ftp and http are up according to http://www.bierkip.nl/frih/servers.php but http://www.whatsyourimpact.frih.net/ doesnt work for me
Rajiev
It seems that my 500 server error is gone Smile
Thanks a lot.

But I've not been logging in to my own site as usual Sad
But seems the problem is resolved.
balend
I am getting that right now as I try to login to cpanel. These usually get resolved fast.
shkhanal
Its happening to me now. I can not log on to CPanel nor my sites open.
Rajiev
Arh, I got the error just now, again Sad

But htis time there is no 500 Surprised

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@rajiev.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
leontius
I still got the same problem... from time to time the website gives error 500. The error however only exists for a few minutes; after that, the website becomes very slow for a few minutes before functioning normally.
psycosquirrel
Ugh. This problem is annoying!

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my site, and the server is completely irresponsive. FileZilla can't even connect, and CPanel decided it doesn't love me anymore. Sad