FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scam?

LostOverThere
I saw this:http://www.freednr.com/.
And I cant help but if this is illegal or not?

Can anyone help me out here?
(Also, if I do win, which chances are slim, will I get me acount banned from FriHost if I use the domain?)
orno
i would wait a while before going ahead and trusting them with any kind of information...
need to have some kind of reputation first...

but yeah, my first guess would be SCAM
Bondings
They are giving away one domain a week to the winner of the contest.
orno
or they are collecting a shitload of email addresses and selling them to spam-kings Rolling Eyes
ashen
Hmm... maybe it is scam, you should be careful!
mohamed
it may not be a scam as you call it but definately it isn't much of a promise to begin with as you will be put inside a draw. the cost of purchasing domain doesn't amount to too much really.
ulmas
Quote:
..Thank you for entering our draw, this weeks contest ends on July 24, 2005 at 11:59PM Eastern Time..

on July 24? and they write this in September?! Don't miss your chanse! Enter your e-mail today! Wink
krazeek
I would say most definetly SCAM, why would they waste money on buying you a domain name for nothing?
Bondings
ulmas wrote:
Quote:
..Thank you for entering our draw, this weeks contest ends on July 24, 2005 at 11:59PM Eastern Time..

on July 24? and they write this in September?! Don't miss your chanse! Enter your e-mail today! Wink

The entire thing could be working if that contest would attract a lot of people, but most likely it's a scam, yes.
krazeek
it even sounds like a scam, so i wouldnt have entered my website even if i was hard-up for a real domain.
Jack_Hammer
I did a quick search on google it looks genuine though I have seen lots of adverts through forums and it looks like lots of people would be entering and considering it's a world wide compotition.
godam64
thats simple :
join their program with a new email account.
but make sure if you win, you own 100% the tld.
LostOverThere
Yeah probable a scam.
But look at all of those Google ads.
NG
me 2 it looks like a scamm if it was a free domain it would have better stuff on it and i dont see any of them domains working on that site
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our Weekly Domain Name Competition. This is an excellent opportunity to get a free domain name. Please see the competition rules below.

* To be eligible to win a domain name you must have made at least seven posts during the week of the competition.
* SPAM will result in immediate disqualification.
* If you are chosen as the winner you have 72 hours to claim your domain name.
* You will automatically be charged 15 points for every entry in this competition.
* These rules are subject to change at anytime.

Thanks again!
waiteck
Even it is real, it would take at least 1/1800 chance of grabing that domain, which is pretty slim.
lockwolf
After taking a look at them, they have a forum where you need at least 7 posts and 15 points to enter and make an additional 7 posts that week to be eligable. It looked like an image contest by the looks and they only limit it to 20 people
dovisLT
no m8
Dimaod
Confused
Why are you spaming....
You ll never receive your hosting if you will be spaming Sad
thadnation
condsidering it's now just a link farm, it was trash
guissmo
Damn. That was one big tricky scam!