FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Willing to smoke ? Think again!@#$

Do you love your self and your family?
NO! I beleive in we came alone and we go alone too
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Yes..I Cannot live without them ..so will never get addicted
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

jainakshay040
Hello every body ..
Specially smokers How are you??

I was a chain smoker before and now quitted ! yes with heavy anti nico medicnes!

Found many ill effects of smoking ..
Will share some here !

Smoking Rocked my nervous system! Please Quit smoking and never even try cause it harms your nervous System and shortens your memory!

The smoke badly effects the Food pipe! yes the one which we use to swallow! it cause Strictures in it!
Means some secretion and many other things which burns it out!

Third strange effect is Your teeth comes out of mouth! n you soon need bristles

yes it causes cancer evrybody knows these were the strange effects ,, please any if you too have them...
HamsterMan
Two of my sisters, my brother and my father have all smoked for several years, and even though it is none of my business, it really pains me to see them more or less willingly destroy their lungs like that.
crimson_aria
My father's been smoking for.. I don't know, since before I was born I guess. We tried to get him to quit but he's still doing it. Anyway, though he still smokes, I'm just glad he's not as much a chain smoker as he used to be. he's smoking less now.
kristine
I smoker before and now trying to quit.Before I smoke 15-20 stick a month and now 1-5 stick a month. Very Happy
my_love
my father used to be chain smoker also before...like pack a day...but now since he got sick he already stop...
alexharris
Sure everyone always talks about the dangers of cigarettes and the harmful effects, but there is something critical everyone seems to be missing. First of all, like everything else, only YOU are responsible for what you consume. People know what they are doing, people know they are putting something harmful into their body. They have obviously come to the conclusion that the pleasure they get from harmful substances are worth the pain. And even if the decide later that they made a miscalculation, it's their fault for not doing the research. We have plenty of available resources today, and if people don't take advantage of them, then you can't really feel sorry for their determined ignorance. If you want to smoke, then smoke, but don't claim later that you didn't realize the effects. Make a smart decision to smoke and live (or die) with the consequences or choice not to smoke because you determine it isn't worth it. Either way you are making an intelligent decision no matter what anyone else tells you. So good luck smokers, non-smokers, and future smokers!
alexharris
and if you don't, don't force your opinions on how cigarettes are so terrible to the smokers. They have an abundance or resources readily available to them, so don't overload them with even more!
deanhills
alexharris wrote:
Sure everyone always talks about the dangers of cigarettes and the harmful effects, but there is something critical everyone seems to be missing. First of all, like everything else, only YOU are responsible for what you consume. People know what they are doing, people know they are putting something harmful into their body. They have obviously come to the conclusion that the pleasure they get from harmful substances are worth the pain. And even if the decide later that they made a miscalculation, it's their fault for not doing the research. We have plenty of available resources today, and if people don't take advantage of them, then you can't really feel sorry for their determined ignorance. If you want to smoke, then smoke, but don't claim later that you didn't realize the effects. Make a smart decision to smoke and live (or die) with the consequences or choice not to smoke because you determine it isn't worth it. Either way you are making an intelligent decision no matter what anyone else tells you. So good luck smokers, non-smokers, and future smokers!

What about second-hand smoke? And the example you set to other people, especially children? Smoking effects everyone. Apparently it has been proven that second-hand smoke can be even more harmful than first-hand smoke by the smoker him/herself. If you smoke, it does not only affect your own life, but those in close range to you too. So the responsibility of to smoke or not to smoke goes further than just you. If you make the decision to smoke, it will have negative consequences for more than just you.
r4inm4ker
I'm glad that none of my family except one(my brother,and he's not a heavy one) smokes. In Taipei where I currently live, The new regulation (2009) is that you're prohibited to smoke in areas with more than 3 people. I wonder if there're similar regulations in other country..
Bikerman
deanhills wrote:
What about second-hand smoke? And the example you set to other people, especially children? Smoking effects everyone. Apparently it has been proven that second-hand smoke can be even more harmful than first-hand smoke by the smoker him/herself. If you smoke, it does not only affect your own life, but those in close range to you too. So the responsibility of to smoke or not to smoke goes further than just you. If you make the decision to smoke, it will have negative consequences for more than just you.
I agree that 'secondary smoke' is a problem. I do not agree that it is more harmful than 'primary' smoking and I think the evidence on this is quoted out of context and deliberately obscured by the media.
I agree with most of the proper science on this issue - passive smoking raises the chance of lung-cancer and associated disease by about 20-30%. Now, that sounds definitive, but you have to ask yourself what the original figure is. The chances of getting lung cancer (to age 60) are around 1 in 125*. An increase of 30% would mean the chances are 1.3 in 125. Now, compare that with the chances of a smoker developing lung cancer - smokers are about 20 times more likely to die of lung cancer than non smokers.

*Compare this to the chances of a woman getting breast cancer to age 60 - about 1 in 24.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
I agree that 'secondary smoke' is a problem. I do not agree that it is more harmful than 'primary' smoking and I think the evidence on this is quoted out of context and deliberately obscured by the media.
I agree with most of the proper science on this issue - passive smoking raises the chance of lung-cancer and associated disease by about 20-30%. Now, that sounds definitive, but you have to ask yourself what the original figure is. The chances of getting lung cancer (to age 60) are around 1 in 125*. An increase of 30% would mean the chances are 1.3 in 125. Now, compare that with the chances of a smoker developing lung cancer - smokers are about 20 times more likely to die of lung cancer than non smokers.

*Compare this to the chances of a woman getting breast cancer to age 60 - about 1 in 24.

Thanks for the info Chris. Just learned something new again! I had parents who smoked quite heavily. So grew up in a smoking environment and sometimes densily so, though for some reason I never took to it. I did some puffing when I was a student and playing bridge (instead of studying), but it did not do things for me. My siblings took to it and are smoking quite heavily, although I am not aware of their smoking any longer as they seem to do it in a very courteous way these days. Think some smokers have come to feel guilty about this habit, and tend to smoke outside or away from others. I appreciate that as for some reason I have become intolerant. I won't make a fuss, but if someone should smoke in my immediate proximity I am aware of it. Funny how much more flexible we are as children, our attitudes are completely different, and I guess that has to have some protection for the children too, as the more focussed one is on smoking as something harmful for health, perhaps the more receptive one is to its negative affects? Smile
atul2242
We do lots of things which are harmful to us. And quite knowingly.
Sometimes impulsively, mostly addictively and sometimes unknowingly.

Smoking is bad for health and very difficult to quit and probably causes many more deaths than any other thing including wars. And is encouraged by the businesses who own it, (they probably own the hospitals too) and tolerated by the governments who get the taxes. . . Yet it is a personal passion ....
Hello_World
This is an old thread, but a good idea. Ill effects of smoking. Ie we all know about the cancer...

I hate to spend so much money - to a bad company.

Smoking appears to mask problems.

Makes your skin dull.

Saps your energy.