FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL ser

jsfdan
I tried to access phpmyadmin and I get: #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

and when i go to my site i get: well go look: http://sodadome.com/

Help, it was working perfectly fine like 5 mins ago. :S

- jsfdan
rufa
I'm getting this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Together with 500 Internal Server Error once every few minutes. One minute the site works perfect, and then the other it goes down. I'm using a phpbb3 install with some mods. And the site worked perfectly ~1,5 week ago with no errors at all.

And btw, this is what I get on original posters site:
Quote:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/jsfdan/public_html/config.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/jsfdan/public_html/config.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/jsfdan/public_html/config.php on line 5
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
jsfdan
Wait do you get 500 Internal Server Error on your site?

Help
HalfBloodPrince
I think I have a similar problem so I won't make a new thread...

At the moment my site just has the forum, http://webcom.us.to/forums (it's hosted at frihost).

This is what I get when accessing it (a phpBB error page):

-------------------------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
-------------------------------
Horizon
Yea, It appears to only be the databases. An older host i used to use would make changes to the database system and everybodies databases would go offline. My guess is it's just an update in process.

Yea, I'm getting the same thing as well. For everything that tries to connect to a database.
Diablosblizz
Yep, there is a connection problem from PHP to MySQL. Only can wait until Bondings reads this message and fixes it, or wait it out until it fixes itself.

Shouldn't be long, maybe a day?
mOrpheuS
Couldn't post this before, but I'd restarted MySQL on server 1 about an hour back.

Things should be working fine since then.
rufa
mOrpheuS wrote:
Couldn't post this before, but I'd restarted MySQL on server 1 about an hour back.

Things should be working fine since then.

Still get the same error:

Quote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

mOrpheuS
rufa wrote:

Can you double check that ? Perhaps it's a cache at your end.

I can access your site (as well as those of all other users who reported a problem here) just fine.
rufa
mOrpheuS wrote:
rufa wrote:

Can you double check that ? Perhaps it's a cache at your end.

I can access your site (as well as those of all other users who reported a problem here) just fine.

It just goes up and down at random intervals. Atm I'm having 500 Internal Server Errors.

Worked just 5 mins ago though.
GoldWyvern
I had the same problem, and it appears to be working just fine right now with repeated reloads.

Terrible timing when it went down. Had just gotten a gamer group to start using the site, and WHAM! MySQL goes down. Now it will be heck getting them to come back and use it again.
jsfdan
Aww man, its back. Sad
GoldWyvern
Same here.

Unable to establish connection to MySQL
2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

Started about 30 minutes ago as of this post.

I use phpUBB as a way of communicating with members of my gaming group (evernight.com), and had just posted a log file they would be highly interested in. Of course, soon as they started looking at it, the MY SQL went down again, LOL.

Blah, it's twice they lost confidence in it. Welp, nothing either of us can do about it, technical glitches happen! Smile)
jsfdan
Man, I was about to edit my site too! >_<
LostOverThere
Unfortunately I can confirm this here and here.
Bondings
I'm sorry for the problems with mysql. I'm trying to fix it at the moment. I'm currently restarting the server to fix the problem and am trying to find a permanent fix.

I have also setup a cron job to restart Apache/httpd and MySQL every hour.
Firilacroco
I messed up my work (Again). A minute ago it was working, and a minute later: Can't contact the database. Please contact the site administrator. Mad
jsfdan
Bondings wrote:

Is that the reason I get "500 Internal Server Error"?
Bondings
jsfdan wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Is that the reason I get "500 Internal Server Error"?

On what page? It seems like this problem also causes *sometimes* a 500 error. If you always get it on some page (and others work); then it's due to something else, like a wrong configuration or a mod_security rule (the last one is something I'll need to do something about most likely).

Also, about the problem, some changes were made to mysql and I hope it won't crash again.
Firilacroco
I can't belive it! The MySQL stopped working again!