FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mamma Mia - Is it all hype or is it genuinely a good film?

Kezza
So, not being a great lover of musicals, I'm somewhat put off going to see this film, however everyone seems to be raving about it despite Pierce Brosnan's terrible singing. Is it worth going to? Keen to hear from likeminded musical haters.
djclue917
I've seen the trailer when I watched Wanted and all I can say is that it seems like a good film. I have a very good feeling that this film is indeed great. I actually want to watch it but time doesn't permit to do so... Crying or Very sad
guissmo
I have to admit, I like musicals (but I haven't watched Mamma Mia on-stage).
To be honest, I actually liked its story and the comical parts.

PS: I don't think Pierce Brosnan sucked at singing in the movie.
jcvincent75
I agree with guissmo.

Mama Mia is a good movie. And to be honest, Pierce Brosnan was good on that movie. I never saw him sing until I saw Mama Mia.

If I rate Mama Mia from 1-10, I'll give it 7.

If I rate Pierce Brosnan's singing on that movie from 1-10, I'll give him 8. Colin Firth also did a good job on his own. I like his voice when he sung on the boat while playing his guitar.

Cheers!
ctrl_alt_delete
What's with the musical-themed movies lately? Is it just me or some people still hadn't gone over High-school musical. I mean with "Footloose", should we have enough already for a at least maybe a year? Haven't seen the movie but my sister said it's good. And I believe her. Why? She was all smiles after watching it. Haven't seen her like that after the "Chuckies" series way back in the 90's. Maybe I'll check it out after the third Batman flick.

--were all in this together!--
DAsite
Well, in general I like alot of musicals.... and Mamma Mia wasn't too bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. To me it seemed like it was trying to be something that it wasn't.

And what was with all of the songs from the same band... abba! A bit old isn't it?