FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chris Angel Mindfreak A&E Live Implosion Escape

blackfish
wow. chris angel's so called live "escape" from an imploding building was so lame =(
Gonzalo
I really disagree with you. He is marvellous. I hope someone thinks the same I do.
Diablosblizz
Gonzalo wrote:
I really disagree with you. He is marvellous. I hope someone thinks the same I do.

Nobody flame me, but everybody believes that what he does is real. It's not. I mean, what he does as a "MindFreak" (being an illusionist) is completely true but everybody I've asked actually thinks that he can actually do these things.

It's completely stupid, and unbelievable.
selammussie
make up your mind sweety

chris Angle is so stupid

alot people had already belived that he had a power

but that is not true,he is only using a very skillful tricks

no man could ever have that kind of power

so he Got be a ghost

cos we all know that he ain't God

and I dont like him at all
blackfish
Gonzalo wrote:

i'm sorry, but the whole "live" debacle was completely overhyped and overrated. he didn't pick the first lock, instead he broke the window (ofcourse that was just showbiz), after that he disappears into the building and we see him on "internal cameras" - but who's to say that this footage was not prerecorded and that chris angel did not exit the building from behind? then when the timer runs out and he's still picking the last lock they cut the cameras so you can't see what happens - how convenient - i wanted to see him get burried in rubble, then i would've believed it.

the idiot commentator also contradicts himself - when chris angel is picking the last lock the commentator says "remember, this escape NOT been rehearsed" then after the building collapses, he says "this never happened during rehearsal". also when the building collapses you can hear the crowd cheering and whistling.. and the commentator says "i have never seen fifty thousand people so quiet before" - jeez.

plus he brings his mom into the show and she's pretending to be all worried and scared for her son - what bullshit - he's just playing on your emotions. wake up.

lame.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
what ******** - he's just playing on your emotions. wake up.

lame.

But, technically he isn't doing anything wrong. Wikipedia describes him as a illusionist and stunt performer. It does not say that he is a magician. Technically, what he is doing is perfectly fine, just making the mind THINK he is doing these things. Although, after watching the series for a while people wake up and realize that it's completely fake and nobody could actually accomplish this. I was the same way, I enjoyed watching his series, although as the seasons progressed it got even more pathetic.

Honestly, if people think that he can remove a part of somebodies body then you NEED to wake up!
SpellcasterDX
Real or not, some of his stunts are still pretty amazing. I enjoy watching the old episodes.
Afaceinthematrix
You're looking too far into this. Magic is supposed to be for entertainment. It's an illusion. Quit looking into how fake it is and instead admire how well he performs it (many tricks are so hard to perform that even if you know the secret, many still wouldn't be able to pull it off).
Arty
I used to think he was cool but now he's kind of overrated :\
blackfish
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Quit looking into how fake it is and instead admire how well he performs it.

well that's just the point i'm trying to make. ie. he does /not/ peform it well and his underpaid fake audiences make it look fake, when the whole idea of an "illusion" is to make people doubt themselves, even if just for a moment. he's just terrible. i can't for the life of me understand how he got on tv. if it's because he's one of the best out there.. then i'm sadly dissapointed for the both of us.