FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

McCain Compares Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears

Soulfire
MSNBC News:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25937943

Alright, so first McCain's ads blame Obama for higher gas prices, and now his new ad compares him to both Paris Hilton and Britney Spears as a "celebrity, not a leader"

McCain, stop the attacks, seriously, you're too old for this...

Guess he is just being good ole' fashioned ... mudslinging away.
eznet
...and I compare McCain to a senile old grandpa... You got to respect the man's service to his country, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will make a good leader... He is definitely old school and is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel for his insults of Obama... One cannot help but wonder what it is going to be like closer to November - if this is any indicator, he is just going to continue making himself look bad... Embarassed
liljp617
To be honest, I don't see McCain pushing something like this. He's smarter than that and I think he would rather get away from this kind of campaigning since people have definitely gotten tired of it. I think he's got people behind him running his campaign that are complete dipshits. Bush is a terrible leader, but honestly I think the people sitting behind him and advising him have their own terrible agendas and he just gets pushed a lot further than I think he normally would. Not to give him the benefit of the doubt of course Razz Same with McCain.
PromiseMe
This is probably a stupid idea, but I'm actually going to try to defend some decent guys from complete burn and flame-age.
The reason behind McCain saying that Obama is more of a celebrity than a leader is because the guy has very little experience compared to most candidates. People forget that it was Regan (the old grandpa), not Kennedy (the young celebrity), that did most of the work to end the cold war.
Besides, for a bunch of people who seem to hate mudslinging, you seem to be doing a lot of it yourselves.

"Senile old Grandpa" (If being old is the only thing against him, he's already better off than Obama.)
"Too old for this" (See above)
"Bush is a terrible leader... advising him have their own terrible agendas..." (I do understand what you're trying to say, but he's really not all that bad. People just give him a really bad rap.)
liljp617
PromiseMe wrote:
People forget that it was Regan (the old grandpa), not Kennedy (the young celebrity), that did most of the work to end the cold war.

What does this have to do with anything? And no, nobody can be credited with doing "most of the work." It was 100% a collective effort of many Presidents and politicians. And it's kind of difficult to carry out policies when you're dead so...you're comparing a President who had 2 years in office to a President who had 8 years in office. No comparison to be made.

Quote:
"Senile old Grandpa" (If being old is the only thing against him, he's already better off than Obama.)

As valid criticism of McCain as Obama's lack of political experience.

Quote:
"Bush is a terrible leader... advising him have their own terrible agendas..." (I do understand what you're trying to say, but he's really not all that bad. People just give him a really bad rap.)

Yes, he is a terrible leader. Maybe not a bad person (although I'm not going to make a conclusion on that), but he is a terrible leader. But what you wrote is basically what I was saying: He wouldn't be as bad as he is if he didn't have people advising him with horrendous agendas of their own. I think Bush would be bad period, but when you have Cheney and the like (who I would argue are worse politicians than Bush) pushing him further than he normally would go, it gets 100x worse.

Also, people don't give him and this administration a "bad rap." They fully earned it by themselves.
mamck688
Saying someone is a bad leader is not mudslinging if it can be qualitatively proven, which clearly can occur in Bush's case. The economy is in the dumps, he has nearly doubled the national debt although Clinton actually eliminated the deficit, our military is spread way too thin, some of our soldiers are on their fourth tours (which is insane), and the international community at large hates us b/c of our failed diplomatic methods.

But on another note, political inexperience is not a valid argument against presidency. Bush was only a governor for ten years before he ran. Clinton was in politics only for twelve I think. Obama has been around for eight years, either in state or national congress. Plus, McCain represents a historical ideology of the United States that the rest of the world is moving away from. We do not want an obsolete ideology leading our nation. The world is changing, and so must our politics.