FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Sword of Truth

Afaceinthematrix
Has anyone read The Sword of Truth series? The other day I picked up a book titled Blood of the Fold at a used book sale (they were selling books for extremely cheap, $0.10 each, so I was just grabbing anything that looks interesting). After I got home, I realized that it was the third novel in the series. So I'm wondering if they're independent of each other (meaning I can read and understand it), or do I have to go out and get the first two novels?
blk3
I read the 2nd book, I think its 'Stone of Tears' or something titled like that, then after reading it I looked for the first book, 'Wizards First Rule', I searched for other books in the series, but as the series goes by, the story doesn't seem that interesting anymore.
Afaceinthematrix
Thanks for the advice. So it seems that I don't have to read the first book? Well I'll probably never read any of them anyways because none of them seem too interesting.
blk3
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Thanks for the advice. So it seems that I don't have to read the first book? Well I'll probably never read any of them anyways because none of them seem too interesting.

You must read the first book, as for my opinion the first book is the best in the entire series. Read at least until book 4, coz from there it started going downhill.
gh0stface
The first 2 books are pretty good. Then it went down hill, then it picked back up in the last book of the series.

Although I do feel that Goodkind did kind of rush through portions in the last book a little. But overall, it was a fitting way to end the series.

There were a few books in the series just sucked plain balls. ie. Pillars of Creation.
c'tair
I stopped somewhere after the 5 or 6th book. First and second ones were great, innovative in terms of magic, laws and stuff ruling this new world... but then it just got boring because it turned into Richard bumps into problem, some drama, Richard solves problem.

Although I love the Dominie Dirch idea, wanted to use it during some rpg sessions of mine.