FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clear Fedora update

Psycho_X52
I have a dual boot with Fedora8 and Windows XP and I don't have a lot of space on my hard drive. Because Fedora 8 had some problems with dependencies I decided to upgrade to Fedora 9 (Sulphur) . I used the preupgrade method, but my videocard direver isn't compatible, so the upgrade failed. Now the bootloader looks like this : "Fedora 8", "Upgrade to Fedora 9 (Sulphur)", another "Upgrade to Fedora 9 (Sulphur)", Fedora 8 (DVD version, older Kernel) and "Other"

When I ran the preupgrade it downloaded 1.7GB (or more). How can I delete those 1.7GB? I uninstalled the preupgrade software, but still my free space was smaller than before.
IllusionSoftware
If you still can boot into Fedora, then backup any important data you have. Then boot up Windows and download the latest version of Fedora Core from the Fedora Core website. Then you can reinstall, and while you reformat your old Fedora Core partition it should delete that 1.7 GB data that it downloaded.