FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tenn. church killer 'hated liberals' was Savage, Hannity fan

handfleisch
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,392081,00.html

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. Authorities on Monday said the man charged with murder in a Tennessee church shooting left a four-page letter that detailed his frustration at being unemployed, his hatred of gays and liberals, and his expectation that he would be killed by responding police.

Jim D. Adkisson, 58, has been charged with first-degree murder in the Sunday shooting at a Knoxville, Tenn., Unitarian church that left two people dead and five injured. Police said he acted alone.

----------------------------

Since this article, books were found in his home by Hannity, Savage and O'Reilly. He also left a message on a Foxnews website about this hatred of Obama.

Foxnews and talk radio hate and liberal-bashing is creating monsters who kill innocent people in church.
Soulfire
I'm not a fan of Republicans, but I don't go around shooting them up.

Btw, I am "converting" over to Unitarian Universalism...
liljp617
Soulfire wrote:
I'm not a fan of Republicans, but I don't go around shooting them up.

Btw, I am "converting" over to Unitarian Universalism...

I believe it was the opposite of that. The shooter (conservative supporter) took these actions because of other people having liberal ideas.
myleshi
Quote:
I believe it was the opposite of that. The shooter (conservative supporter) took these actions because of other people having liberal ideas.

That's complete nonsense. He was just a crazy loon.
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:

-.-

From the article:

Quote:
left a four-page letter that detailed his frustration at being unemployed, his hatred of gays and liberals

No joke he was a crazy SOB, but that doesn't change his motives at all. His motives were obviously very well documented in the writing he left...I said absolutely nothing about any other conservative. The man had his motives for committing this crime and one of his motives was the liberal ideologies of others. There's no getting around that and there's absolutely no reason to defend it.
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
myleshi wrote:
Quote:

-.-

From the article:

Quote:
left a four-page letter that detailed his frustration at being unemployed, his hatred of gays and liberals

No joke he was a crazy SOB, but that doesn't change his motives at all. His motives were obviously very well documented in the writing he left...I said absolutely nothing about any other conservative. The man had his motives for committing this crime and one of his motives was the liberal ideologies of others. There's no getting around that and there's absolutely no reason to defend it.

The killer also was enough of a fan of O'Reilly and Hannity to buy their books.
myleshi
And Theodore Kaczynski, the Unabomber, was also reported to have one of Al Gore's books with him when he was caught. So..?
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
myleshi wrote:
Quote:

-.-

From the article:

Quote:

The killer also was enough of a fan of O'Reilly and Hannity to buy their books.

=/ Can't say that has anything to do with it. I've personally read one of O'Reilly's books (don't own it)...that doesn't seem to be a very good point. However, what the murderer actually wrote down as his motives are enough on their own.