FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making a file the home page

welshsteve
Hi everyone. I've re-directed a domain I own to point to Frihost and uploaded the website to the \domains\www.domain.com\public_html folder. But the index.php file will not work as a default page when I go to www.domain.com. I get a holder page asking me to upload the site to the public_html folder, which I have done. But if I go to www.domain.com/index.php it works. Any ideas why?
Bondings
welshsteve wrote:
Hi everyone. I've re-directed a domain I own to point to Frihost and uploaded the website to the \domains\www.domain.com\public_html folder. But the index.php file will not work as a default page when I go to www.domain.com. I get a holder page asking me to upload the site to the public_html folder, which I have done. But if I go to www.domain.com/index.php it works. Any ideas why?

You need to remove the default index.html page, which causes/is the holder page.
welshsteve
Hi Bondings, I have done that already. Are you able to look at m account? The domain in question is ifa-gateway.co.uk

Many thanks
Bondings
The domain you mentioned shows the same page with index.php behind it or not. Seems ok to me.
silverdown
Seems to be working now, the ifa-gateway.co.uk page is the exact same thing as ifa-gateway.co.uk /index.php
welshsteve
I know what it is. I set it up as ifa-gateway.co.uk and not www.ifa-gateway.co.uk Smile I wanted www.ifa-gateway.co.uk to work Smile
Bondings
welshsteve wrote:
I know what it is. I set it up as ifa-gateway.co.uk and not www.ifa-gateway.co.uk Smile I wanted www.ifa-gateway.co.uk to work Smile

The www version should normally display the same thing as the one without www. And this seems to be the case for me.
welshsteve
yes it seems to have sorted itself out now. Many thanks.
Psycho_X52
I had the same problem when my domain was new (about 27 hours).