FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone make Their own Beats?

hizzy
Me and a buddy of mine are makin a few beats in fruityloops, just woundering if anyone out there is doin this
fpwebs
We use a program called CakeWalk Sonar 7 Producer Eddition. Sometimes we use ProTools, but normally CakeWalk. We have a whole band, and we work on music a lot. I have my own recording studio at my house, and what not. It's a fun thing to do, you should try it sometime.
jalockie
yes, i have used fruityloops for a few years now. I find it the quickest and easiest software for entirely electronic music production, with very few limitations. unfortunately i am yet to find a clone for linux, which is the OS i use now so have to restart everytime i want to use it.

My main use for this app at the moment is making bass and drum loops to jam along with on the guitar but have also made music spanning the genres of dance, hip hop and world music.

What style of music do you all like to make with it?
Athomix
Yes i'm using FL Studio for 5 years, it's a very good program Very Happy
Now i'm using FL Studio 8.0.0 XXL Edition. If you want have more samples, sounds,... you can download (free and legal!!) at http://www.dnbwiki.com/index.php/Free_Samples
I download two .fst (for example for sytrus) on the website of FL studio.

A good think with FL is that you can add a lot of synthetizer (Nexus, Edirol...)

If you know a place where we can have other samples presets ect???
KloosterKeys
I'm using Stylus RMX and Logic Pro as DAW. For me it's a real time-saver to start from a produced beat that I can edit as I want into what I need. It's a real flexible tool the Stylus...
projektdeth
Me I Do!! Laughing

Used it for over a year now making industrial and electronic beats.
Josso
I primarily use Renoise. I've used a lot of different software, a lot of it very expensive as well and I have not found music production yet that matches up to Renoise.

Check out some of my tunes here.
ddukki
I also use Fruity Loops to make beats for my friend who wants to start rapping for a hobby. It's pretty easy to do and sounds great if you get the right Soundfonts. Also, there are some pretty high-quality soundfonts out there that are free and Fruity Loops is one of the most user-friendly soundfont programs out there.