FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why high fructose corn syrup makes you fat

xaogo
You've probably heard that a lot of high fructose corn syrup is bad for you. Before the only real argument was that it is very very very high in sugar and therefor high in calories. The high calories are what makes you fat and more prone to diabetes. However, new studies suggest that fructose, which is a type of sugar, tells your body to store the sugar as fat more readily than it normally does. So not only are you eat lots of sugar, your body is storing more of it as fat as well!!!!

here is the article: http://www.fountia.com/high-fructose-gain-weight
RubySlasher
Also it has officially made soda useless to me, as it just doesn't provide that nice, natural little caffeine/sugar high that tea or coffee does.
motivesdiva
Fructose has to be metabolized through the liver, your liver ends up releasing triglycerides into your bloodstream. Fructose, which used to be advised for diabetics because it did not stimulate insulin production, really does appear to do a lot of fancy footwork with enzymes and other hormones, too. It does not allow the release of the hormone that tells the brain you are full, so you overeat.
xaogo
motivesdiva wrote:
Fructose has to be metabolized through the liver, your liver ends up releasing triglycerides into your bloodstream. Fructose, which used to be advised for diabetics because it did not stimulate insulin production, really does appear to do a lot of fancy footwork with enzymes and other hormones, too. It does not allow the release of the hormone that tells the brain you are full, so you overeat.

another reason why the food industry loves it so much? No wonder americans are getting so fat. I'm proud to say that I've been soda free for a while now. Very Happy
jenss
I'm not completely soda free, but I don't drink it every day by any means. I usually only get it at a restaurant or social function. I know so many people that have to have some form of caffiene to wake up in the morning and it usually comes loaded with sugars. Start drinking water and you will see a huge difference. If you have a hard time waking up, try some sort of exercise in the morning. And try to include some protein in your breakfast. Don't be fooled by diet drinks either. They are actually worse for you than regular soda. The fake sugar does all sorts of crazy things to your metabolism!

Jen
xaogo
jenss wrote:
I'm not completely soda free, but I don't drink it every day by any means. I usually only get it at a restaurant or social function. I know so many people that have to have some form of caffiene to wake up in the morning and it usually comes loaded with sugars. Start drinking water and you will see a huge difference. If you have a hard time waking up, try some sort of exercise in the morning. And try to include some protein in your breakfast. Don't be fooled by diet drinks either. They are actually worse for you than regular soda. The fake sugar does all sorts of crazy things to your metabolism!

Jen

I know!! why aren't people more aware that all these synthetic products are going to kill them, not help them. Diet sodas are gross.
driftingfe3s
jenss wrote:

Jen

You know fake sugars are bad when you spill diet soda and the ants move out the away to avoid it, where as they would be all over regular soda. If insects can sense that fake sugars are not good, I don't think humans should be eating it.
xaogo
driftingfe3s wrote:
jenss wrote:

Jen

You know fake sugars are bad when you spill diet soda and the ants move out the away to avoid it, where as they would be all over regular soda. If insects can sense that fake sugars are not good, I don't think humans should be eating it.

lolol
Afaceinthematrix
I'm not completely soda free because I see no reason to be. Drinking a soda every once in a while isn't going to make you fat. Drinking a lot of soda, eating a lot of food, and not exercising will make you fat!

P.S. Americans are fat because of a lack of exercise (and too much fast food)! I say this because of something I saw recently. Where I work, I handle a lot of credit issues. This obese woman came in to make a payment on her credit card (some people still aren't with the times - making a payment online). She handed me her statement and check and I told her that I cannot take her payment with just the statement because I need the account number and we don't put that on the statement. She started complaining to me because she didn't have her credit card with her. I felt a little bad because I didn't want her trip to be useless. So I asked her, "Is there anyone at home that you can call, that can read your account number off of your card?" She said, "No! My card isn't at home." I asked, "Where is it?" She said, "It's in my car! But I don't want to have to walk all the way outside to get it!" I had to seriously refrain myself from laughing at her. I couldn't help but think, "No wonder she's obese! She's too lazy to walk 50 meters to her car!"
ssthanapati
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I'm not completely soda free because I see no reason to be. Drinking a soda every once in a while isn't going to make you fat. Drinking a lot of soda, eating a lot of food, and not exercising will make you fat!

P.S. Americans are fat because of a lack of exercise (and too much fast food)! I say this because of something I saw recently. Where I work, I handle a lot of credit issues. This obese woman came in to make a payment on her credit card (some people still aren't with the times - making a payment online). She handed me her statement and check and I told her that I cannot take her payment with just the statement because I need the account number and we don't put that on the statement. She started complaining to me because she didn't have her credit card with her. I felt a little bad because I didn't want her trip to be useless. So I asked her, "Is there anyone at home that you can call, that can read your account number off of your card?" She said, "No! My card isn't at home." I asked, "Where is it?" She said, "It's in my car! But I don't want to have to walk all the way outside to get it!" I had to seriously refrain myself from laughing at her. I couldn't help but think, "No wonder she's obese! She's too lazy to walk 50 meters to her car!"

How can some1 be sooooooooooo lazy!!! Seriously I am outta words
fpwebs
i think anything that is not natural should not be put into your body. all the chemicals we put into our food are stored as fat because our body doesnt know what to do with it. i think that if we just ate natural we wouldnt be as fat.
me410
I don't not, but I'm allergic to the fructuose, but not to sugar and honey. Since i discovered that, i loss 16 pounds, no fructuose, no overweight.