FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error Upon Installing phpBB 3.0.2

GoldWyvern
This is the latest version of phpBB at time of this post.

Installed PHP 3.0.2 under folder '/DEM8818'. Received random errors. At first, it redirected me to the /install directory and file, but claimed an $end error. It did this several times.

After a while, an error 500 was given.

Main page, which worked previously, also gave error 500.

Waited a few minutes, main page started working again, but no phpBB redirect.. and then it *did* redirect.

Reinstalled /install directory. Error repeated (improper $end).

Installed same copy of phpBB on localhost (my own machine) with my own copy of Apache and MySQL - worked perfectly.

I am assuming problem with the upload, and uploading again under a new directory. Will update with results.
GoldWyvern
Installed under new directory, complete reinstall.

Error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/goldwyve/public_html/FOR/includes/functions.php on line 1253

This has not been altered from it's downloaded version, and this same copy works perfectly on local machine with PHP 5.2.4 and Apache/MySQL installed.

I show the Frihost machine to be using PHP 5.2.6 according to CPanel, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Files were uploaded using Filezilla 3.0.1 and the Auto setting of upload, which classifies PHP files as ASCII.

In order to make sure, uploading once more with a default setting of ASCII, to ensure there were no mistakes.
GoldWyvern
Problem resolved. I had a friend with high speed internet log in and upload the .zip. Extracted it, renamed the directory, and it works perfectly.

On review, seems some of the files were not uploading fully using Filezilla, no matter how many times the same file was uploaded.
Bondings
GoldWyvern wrote:
Problem resolved. I had a friend with high speed internet log in and upload the .zip. Extracted it, renamed the directory, and it works perfectly.

On review, seems some of the files were not uploading fully using Filezilla, no matter how many times the same file was uploaded.

That's weird.

Anyway, I'm glad you solved it. Very Happy