FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who Made a Bigger Impact?

Who made a Bigger Impact?
Martin Luther King Jr.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Adolf Hitler
74%
 74%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 27

YungGunz
I personally think That both Adolf Hitler and Dr. Martin Luther King JR. made a Huge Impact, but MLK will be remembered by more, in my personal Opinion. State your opinion on who YOU Personally think was the bigger impact on life.
HalfBloodPrince
I think Hitler did. Well, actually, he would have. Had he not been defeated, we'd be speaking German right now rather than English.
lagoon
No, we'd be part of the partisan independence organisation, learning English underground.

Hitler definitely made more of an impact, as he shook up Europe and initiated the Cold War, as well as coining the whole concept of genocide.
Wuppie
lagoon wrote:
No, we'd be part of the partisan independence organisation, learning English underground.

Nah, if Hitler conquered the would we would be nice little nazi students, or we would be dead.

Anyway, I am almost sure that Hitler had a greater impact on the world. Thanks to him the world was in war for 5 years. 50 to 70 million people were killed in WW2, not to mention the consequences for all families...

Martin Luther King had positive impact to the world, and Hitler negative impact. That difference makes it harder to compare it.
Afaceinthematrix
I'd say that MLK made a bigger impact because he still has influence today and an effect on today. He also receives much more attention. I've heard that in Germany, Hitler receives one page in their history text books.
ptfrances
I think unfortunately Adolf Hitler, without doubt
thejam
Yeah Although both had quite a impressive impact on history, i think Hitler is more global than Martin luther king. The situation of oppressed black people was a big issue in the US, I think situations were different around the whole world (i wouldn't say they were better or worse) But MLK lived more in the US. Because of Hitler a couple of almost all continents were involved.
I am not even talking about the huge amount of people who died.
liljp617
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I'd say that MLK made a bigger impact because he still has influence today and an effect on today. He also receives much more attention. I've heard that in Germany, Hitler receives one page in their history text books.

=/ Hitler is the motivation (and in a way a "god") for countless numbers of anti-Semitic groups and just general hate mongers.
truespeed
Outside of the USA i doubt many people have heard of martin luther king,whereas everyone has heard of hitler.
Shewolf
liljp617 wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

=/ Hitler is the motivation (and in a way a "god") for countless numbers of anti-Semitic groups and just general hate mongers.

And Hitler is more or less the reason Israel exists as it does today, among other things. Thanks to him, the war and everything, a lot of the world got somehow changed. Like here, in Scandinavia: we are not supposed wanting to learn about our "viking-history", then we are suddenly "nazis". Nor are we really free to use symbols from that age, because the nazi-movement abused them.

There's all these cultural, probably trivial things, which entered the scene after the WWII. Even when leaving the Cold War and changing of country-borders out, you can still spot them. Like the zero-tolerance for the swastika, in the Western world, and probably a lot more as well.

Many people have heard about Martin Luther King, and what he did. But, after all, that was pretty much just inside the US. And he was not the only one, nor the first one to do as he did. (Of course was no Hitler the single only nazi either, but that's beside the point). Sooner or later someone would have become a MLK, one who did speak up for h**self. It was clear that this kind of separation could not last forever, not while the US was wanting to become the general world champion. And if not MLK had done it, someone else would have.

- But I am not sure whether we would or would not have the genocide without Hitler. He too was a man of his time, after all...
runescapeglobal
I'de rather vote both, but thats not there, so MLK.
truespeed
runescapeglobal wrote:
I'de rather vote both, but thats not there, so MLK.

You must be American as only an American would say Martin Luther King.
MtgRuler
I think that although they both had huge impacts, Hitler will be remembered by more. Acts of violence tend to go into people's minds deeper than kindness. Also, Hitler had a global impact, which means almost any student that goes to school will learn about him, while only Americans will learn about MLK.
Jinx
The poll probably should have been between Hitler and Gandhi, then it would be a contest.

MLK took a lot of inspiration from Gandhi.

But as the poll stands now, I would have to say that Hitler had a much greater impact that MLK. He caused millions of deaths, changed the political geography of a continent, and ultimately influenced the politics and cultures of the entire world. The war he started lead to the invention of the atom bomb, and it's eventual use in Japan, which lead to the nuclear paranoia of the cold war, which lead to even further political upheavals and numerous smaller wars and skirmishes, and leading, eventually, to the current wars and unrest in the Middle East.

WWII forced advancements in technology that may not have come for years otherwise, such as radar, jet aircraft, weaponry and warfare, food preservation techniques (I read somewhere about how c-rations lead to TV dinners), medicine, transportation, electronics, and of course - splitting the atom.

MLK lead a few marches, made a few inspiring speeches and got a small segment of the world's population some rights and recognition (not to trivialize what he did, it was a great thing, but not very earthshaking in the grand scheme of things.)
DizzyDesign
adolf hitler in my opinion..

-Demon
talk2me
This question was not ask properly, and it should never be asked. Hitler made his impact, but that was for negative things. Martin luter king fight and advocate human right which is a standard to some degree by all government round the world.

Has hitler invaded latin america and wipe out all the people, and take the land . He name would have been among the world greater heroes, and not a villain. He did not to the wrong people and place.
ptolomeo
Neither of both, their impact will vanish as time passes.
ThePolemistis
Wuppie wrote:
lagoon wrote:

Nah, if Hitler conquered the would we would be nice little nazi students, or we would be dead.

And now we are, or will be, little EU, NAU, AU or some other students.
Hitler tried to create one Empire through force. The EU, NAU, AU et al are doing it by stealth.
Soon we too will be dead if we don't be nice little students to these people.
Futumuch
Hitler by far. As previously mentioned MLK is only really known in USA, outside of the USA most people wil have little knowledge of what he did. Whereas Hitler is known throughout the whole world.
kogoot
Yep, I don't think there's 'nother such hateful person in the world like Hitler. As a Pole I hate him strongest I can... Becouse of his madness, a millions of people were killed.

How can you compare one of the 'greatest' criminals in the world with Luther - person that did a lot of good things for society.
Hizar
Will concedering that humans tend to try to forget the bad it might be that MKL will be more remembered in like 2000 years but till then most likly more people are going to remember Hitler and his evil ways. LOL , evil ways.
truespeed
Hizar wrote:
Will concedering that humans tend to try to forget the bad it might be that MKL will be more remembered in like 2000 years but till then most likly more people are going to remember Hitler and his evil ways. LOL , evil ways.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere,that in a thousand years time,very few of the 20th centuries people will still be remembered,but one of those that pretty much everyone agreed on who would be,was Hitler.

As has been said many times in this thread,Martin Luther King made an impact only in the USA,outside of there hes not really that well known or significant.
LGCanada
Hitler did. Simply because he murdered so many people. For example let's say someone murders a person in the 17th century. Hypothetically, that person would have had kids who would have had more kids and today those kids would have had a huge impact on the world. So, Hitler with killing of millions of people has changed the course of history.
j14fusion14
Napoleonic wars in southern Italy increase nationalism. These are my views and background of why i think napoeleon is a better impactionary. Napoleon Bonaparte, (15 August 1769 – 5 May 1821) later known as Napoleon I, was a French military and political leader who had a significant impact on the history of Europe. He was a general during the French Revolution, the ruler of France as First Consul of the French Republic and Emperor of the First French Empire.

Born in Corsica and trained as an artillery officer in mainland France, he rose to prominence during the French Revolution and led successful campaigns against the First and Second Coalitions arrayed against France. In 1799, Napoleon staged a coup d'état and installed himself as First Consul; five years later he crowned himself Emperor of the French. In the first decade of the nineteenth century, he turned the armies of France against every major European power and dominated continental Europe through a series of military victories - epitomised in battles such as Austerlitz and Friedland. He maintained France's sphere of influence by the formation of extensive alliances and the appointment of friends and family members to rule other European countries as French client states.

The French invasion of Russia in 1812 marked a turning point in Napoleon's fortunes. His Grande Armée was wrecked in the campaign and never fully recovered. In 1813, the Sixth Coalition defeated his forces at Leipzig, invaded France and exiled him to the island of Elba. Less than a year later, he returned and was finally defeated at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. Napoleon spent the last six years of his life under British supervision on the island of Saint Helena, where he died in 1821. The autopsy concluded he died of stomach cancer though Sten Forshufvud and other scientists in the 1960s conjectured that he had been poisoned with arsenic.

Napoleon developed few military innovations, drew his tactics from different sources and scored major victories with a modernised French army. His campaigns are studied at military academies the world over and he is widely regarded as one of history's greatest commanders. While considered a tyrant by his opponents, he is remembered for the establishment of the Napoleonic code, which laid the administrative foundations for much of Western Europe.
bigt
YungGunz wrote:
I personally think That both Adolf Hitler and Dr. Martin Luther King JR. made a Huge Impact, but MLK will be remembered by more, in my personal Opinion. State your opinion on who YOU Personally think was the bigger impact on life.

I like what Dr. MLK did, but I think Hitler made a bigger impact. There have only been two world wars, and he was a major part of WWII. I'm also very thankful MLK's dreams have come true and Hitler's dreams have not.
imera
They both did their share of impact in the history.

Hitler managed to start a war that could have gone on for much longer if he hadn't been killed, I am also sure that he is more known than MLK. I'm sorry to say but I don't really know much about Martin L. King, 'I have a dream' is the only part I remember of his speech, I also know he fought for human rights, but I don't know so much more.

It's sad that someone great should have a less impact on the world but be will at least never be forgotten.
OpposableThumbs
Jinx wrote:
The poll probably should have been between Hitler and Gandhi, then it would be a contest.

I have to agree with this assertion. MLK was terrific, but not as global as either of the others.
Poetsunited
Hitler, obviously...

as you didn't say who's actions were better in history, but the most known will always be Hitler sadly enough

and between Gandhi and Hitler I still think Hitler would win
Xaferrow
For me, its Prophet Muhammad
muffinman187
it was WWII that has a HUGE influence in almost everything that happen today especially the middle east.
LostOverThere
Actually, I think a better topic would be Who was more influential: Hitler or Stalin. Though, seeing the topic isn't that. I'd definitely say Hitler, undoubtedly. Like many had said, Hitler was very much an international figure and an international threat.
Moshkin_Khan
Probably Hitler as he affected millions more, the 6 million Jews he killed, the millions of Germans in the country at the time. The millions of Russians that died during the war, the 500,000 British that died during ww2, the 500,000 Americans that died during the war, and all the other people that died. Also it lead to the cold war, the space race included which has made so many more significant changes in Europe and probably the whole world.
pho3nixsky
Adolf Hitler did well, except in today's history he is quite badly shunned, but if victory went against us early in the 2nd war things would be much more different.
manlear
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
I think Hitler did. Well, actually, he would have. Had he not been defeated, we'd be speaking German right now rather than English.

Well looking at your avatar on your gamercard, if that is actually what you look like. You wouldn't be alive to speak German. Hitler believed in a "Pure" race, called the Aryan Race. Blond Hair, Blue eyes, and wasn't the religion Catholic?
ronbarak
YungGunz wrote:

if you agree that not being killed is more important than the quality of life, than Hitler is more important tha MLK, as he was directly responsible for more deaths than the number of all Americans of African origin.
yagnyavalkya
YungGunz wrote:

Positive or negative impact?
sudipbanerjee
Impact on what is not clear here. But if we think about world history then Hitlor has more impact.
mtorregiani
From my point of view, as a south american person, Hitler made more impact that Martin Luther King.
Not only because of the millions of deaths but also for the huge ammount of people moving from Europe, looking to escape from the war... My grandfather had to accomplish millitary service in Russia, and after the war he moved to South America, looking for a better future for him and his family...

Furthermore, in my country, at least, and probably in all South America, we don't learn a lot about MLK in school, but on the other hand, we spend a lot of time studying World War II and Hitler, for example.
pentangeli
Who made a bigger impact? The area is too vast and the cast of this poll are too opposing opposites to properly declare who made the bigger impact. All I know is that Hitler started a world war. King started a change of mindset (in the US). To play devil's advocate, I mean in terms of a global scale, you know, it's probably unequivocally Hitler. I mean there's still racism, maybe because there's still Nazis. There's a paradox in there some where that I don't have the inclination to reword.