FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server Two MySQL Down

raine dragon
I'm on server 2, and when I go into my site I'm getting all sorts of database errors. The phpMyAdmin errors telling me that MySQL is down.

Can someone perhaps poke it and wake it back up? ^^;;

Quote:
phpMyAdmin - error

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

Quote:

my site error

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
hofodomo01
I'm getting the message. In that case, I'd guess it's just a temporary issue, so sit tight until it gets fixed =/
jylan
My Wordpress and BBpress installations are complaining about the same problem. Do any of the mods know more about this, or when it will be up again?

I hope it isn't too serious.
SpellcasterDX
I was just about to post a topic on this when I saw yours. I get:

MySQL wrote:
Fatal Error
Failed connection to localhost: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
saratdear
I get this :

Quote:

Error establishing a database connection

when I go to my Wordpress blog, and this :

Quote:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

when I try to access my Wordpress admin panel.

Hope it's nothing too serious. Sad
takashiro
The same problem as you.
My PHP script webpage can't access Mysql while the server status check page (As is known to all, http://www.bierkip.nl/frih/servers.php) says mysql server is up.
rajupp
can someone please let us know whats happening. I get this error
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /WordPress/ on this server.
I hope its a temporary problem. I can access DirectAdmin though

Edit: I am not sure which server I am on, but even FTP seems to be down, atleast my Wordpress folder is inaccessible Sad
[10:54:10] 550 /domains/rajupp.frih.org/public_html/WordPress: Permission denied

I seriously hope my contents are not lost Embarassed
jylan
I think the site at http://frihost-server-status.us.to/ has a better overview of server stats. It even has an error connecting to server 2's mysql database, instead of reporting that it is down!
bulek
Same here:

CRITICAL_ERROR:
Line : generic, class2.php

Error reported as: [6]: Unable to form a valid connection to mySQL. Please check that your e107_config.php contains the correct information.
takashiro
rajupp wrote:

Edit: I am not sure which server I am on, but even FTP seems to be down, atleast my Wordpress folder is inaccessible Sad
[10:54:10] 550 /domains/rajupp.frih.org/public_html/WordPress: Permission denied

I seriously hope my contents are not lost Embarassed

Of course you're on server 3.
frihost.net -> server 1
frih.net -> server 2
frih.org -> server 3

You should know this.
silverdown
Yes, I am also experiencing MYSQL server issues on server 2 Very Happy ..
Bondings
My apologies for the long time it took to solve this problem.

Anyway, it was most likely due to MySQL still running, but not actually doing anything useful/working, causing all the scripts and the server monitoring to think that MySQL was still working fine. Anyway, I restarted the whole server and this seems to have fixed all the problems with MySQL.
rajupp
Dear Bondings,
do u mean to say that the issue is fixed? I am still not able to access my wordpress blog Sad
Even through FTP, i am unable to access the contents of my wordpress folder. Please help me to bring back my blog.
It says access denied whenever I try to access my wordpress folder.

[16:31:53] 550 /domains/rajupp.frih.org/public_html/WordPress: Permission denied
Bondings
rajupp wrote:
Dear Bondings,
do u mean to say that the issue is fixed? I am still not able to access my wordpress blog Sad
Even through FTP, i am unable to access the contents of my wordpress folder. Please help me to bring back my blog.
It says access denied whenever I try to access my wordpress folder.

[16:31:53] 550 /domains/rajupp.frih.org/public_html/WordPress: Permission denied

This topic was about a mysql problem on a different server. Not related to your problem. And yes it's fixed.
SpellcasterDX
Yes the problem is fixed now. Thanks Bondings! Very Happy
raine dragon
Thank you! ^__^