FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is the meaning of "rest" to you?

markus_111
what is the meaning of "rest" to you?
Wuppie
You mean what rest means? It could be a verb. Resting after an exercise, or sleeping...
Helios
What kind of a question is that?
It would have been better if you had answered it yourself after asking.
Arty
Not doing anything o.o
[FuN]goku
You know... sittin around chillin, watching tv, listening to music.... uh.. sleeping.. really depends on the person. To Me? Well, I'd have to say sleeping on the couch at night by the AC in the dark while listening to some sort of electro music. meh Razz
raine dragon
whatever is left over after you take what ever you want would be the rest. At least, that is what I thought of when I first saw the word. The left overs, the pile of stuff that is slightly less wanted; the rest.
Nameless
Pretty much this?
Wuppie
Nameless wrote:
Pretty much this?

Thank god for Google!
jsarnold
It's always a shame when a topic is started off in a weak way - no one really seems to have given it much of a lift.

Yes, we all know what the dictionary says about the word 'rest', but I think the questions was trying to establish what we personally do to rest or relax after work.

I used to be a teacher, and got very little time to rest. Yes, I know you all think I packed up and went home at 3.30 and had half the year off in holidays, but the truth is I'd be in work at 7am and often still there 12 hours later, with another couple of hours work at home, and the holidays spent marking coursework or exams, or planning the syllabus and lessons for the next term/year.

However, I gave all that up, and now work for myself at home as a freelance writer. It's odd, because when I used to have a 'proper' job i would find that writing was what helped to relax me, and what I'd do in my spare time.

To be honest, resting now means spending quality time with my family, and blasting all gnomes and dwarves to pieces in World of Warcraft.

And sleeping. Naturally.
Helios
jsarnold wrote:

I used to be a teacher, and got very little time to rest. Yes, I know you all think I packed up and went home at 3.30 and had half the year off in holidays, but the truth is I'd be in work at 7am and often still there 12 hours later, with another couple of hours work at home, and the holidays spent marking coursework or exams, or planning the syllabus and lessons for the next term/year.

+1
I worked in the field before, and I completely agree.

Anyway, I rest outdoors usually. Nothing's better than taking your personal tent and going out for few days. That can give you a peace of mind.
Good thing about nature is that it is there, and always has been. So better go out there, while it still exists Wink
carlospro7
Umm, i watch tv, and and sit back and enjoy some food if im alone.
jsarnold
The word 'rest' is often considered synonymous with 'relaxation', but I suppose that giving one thing a rest doesn't have to mean that you do almost nothing.

In many cases, when people sit at a desk workign hard, having a rest could mean going for a run, or doing some other physical exercise.

Resting I suppose can mean simply changing from one thing to another. A change is as good as... and all that.

I spend all day sat in front of a computer. I'm at home, which is great, but to have a rest I might well go and take the dogs for a run round the golf course. Not restful, but refreshing.
Jaan
to relax i meditate... the most relaxed state possible for me...
jsarnold
What kind of meditation techniques do you use?

I think the idea of meditation can be quite different from one person to another.

Some people have very religious views about meditation, others use more new age methods. Of course, yoga is very popular these days.

For me, my meditation takes place when I am walking through the peaceful countryside.
molif
Rest..

Rest meaning to use the time to breathe in and think of other things, rather than things that gonna make your mind work..
rightclickscott
It's that time of mine between sex and video games.
radiodj20
hmmmm rest...

it means to me: sleeping on the couch with the tv on after going to band and having dinner

with dogs walking over you

lol

Smile
PatTheGreat42
Pillows, man. Good god does it require pillows. Lots of them. Enough that, were one to have a pillow fight, one could claim to have an utterly rediculous amount of ammuniton.