FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with Lynx on Frihost

swizzy
Whenever I try to access any of my hosted sites on the Lynx web browser, I get redirected to a 500 error, it tries to find the 500.shtml (set in Directadmin, I think) and then throws up a 404.

This problem does not occur on my textpattern hosted site (swizzy.frih.net). I have a textpattern powered site, two drupal powered (desicode.com, onsmartpc.com), and a blank one (stallonselvan.com) with the directadmin default page.

The problem is only on Lynx and only on the non-textpattern ones, can anybody help me?
phpc0d3r
I can't help but to wonder if it's a problem with mod_rewrite in Apache. It has to do with something somewhere in between the Initial page request and mod_rewrite (which both Drupal and Textpattern use).

I just noticed the similar problems on my own server, It's 404ing on a valid Drupal installation. I'll search Google and post if something turns up.
phpc0d3r
Nevermind. I figured out the problem. It has nothing to do with mod_rewrite at all.

It has to do with mod_security. I've had problems with many php programs (including Joomla and Drupal) under mod_security. To turn this off, add this to your .htaccess file.

Code:
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
</IfModule>

Click here for more information from the drupal website.

(This should work in Textpattern too.)
swizzy
Cheers... it worked, I've never has such prompt and a 100% working answer... now i have Smile

So now that I have turned SecFilterEngine Off will I/frihost face any security problems?