FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you lose PR when using a drop down menu?

sujithit
I'd like to put a drop down menu on my home page that links to 30+ other sites (using as a quick jump to some band pages on myspace). Does anyone know if I'd lose PR by doing that or is it no different than if I were to have 30+ regular text links on that same page.

Thanks

I'd like to put a drop down menu on my home page that links to 30+ other sites (using as a quick jump to some band pages on myspace). Does anyone know if I'd lose PR by doing that or is it no different than if I were to have 30+ regular text links on that same page.

Thanks

I doubt it, the googlebot reads the html, it doesn't see the page like you and I do. As long as they are actually links, it should read them as such.
westcp
if your links are actual 'text' links, then should be fine.

i know that if you use images exclusively for linking,it can cause issues. also if its used in flash.
gcaughill
The links to 30+ other unrelated sites will hurt your site more than any drop down.

Use a suckerfish menu instead of standard javascript drop down. The CSS based suckerfish menu is great for seo because it is just <ul><li> tags with one small javascript function. I highly recommend it.
escritor
Use this tool to check how search engines see your page: Search Engine Spider Simulator.
Tphilakone
I never gain page rank up i dont why my seo is very bad anyway i still looking for a way to make page rank up
escritor
^It does not change every day. Google releases the new values in specific times (many blogs talk about it when it does). Don't check it too often then. Wink Your PG will increase when you are not paying attention to it. Focus on your page and make it good for the readers. Smile