FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More Cool Anime

assasssin8
I have Night Head Genesis, watched it. Wil is right, it has some gay incestous overtones that would turn some people off but it can be ignored. The plot is a bit weak but the psychic powers are cool and there are some touching scenes that makes you wanna go "awww".

Macross Frontier is Good. If you liked Code Geass or any mech anime, you'll like it!

Nabari no Ou has action that you're looking for. But it also delves in deeper to the more emotional aspects of a person burdened with a responsibility.

xxxHolic: Kei. It's xxxHolic's sequel. If you like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, think of this as a side story.

D.GrayMan, also action.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn, more action/shonen. Mafia.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, more mech and awesome drills that can pierce the heavens!

I'll add more once I think up of something!
assasssin8
Unfortunately, sports anime isnt my thing. Also, I'm very picky when it comes to graphics :glint: . Something like Clannad and H20. I found this a while ago: http://www.animeph.com/anime-season-list-winter-2008.html For those who have watched some of those in the list that I haven't, alin marecommend niyo? From the list, I have already watched:

H20
Rosario + Vampire :puppyeyes: (super fan service)
True Tears
They are my Noble Masters
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Haruka Route :omgnooo: (as depressing as the first season)
School Days (Excellent Graphics, pero story line sucks big time kc male lead's a HornDog) :damn:
Ookami to Koushinryou (aka. Spice and Wolf)
Mrs Lycos
Hi,
I have watched xxxholic , Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Tengen Toppa. I loved xxxholic because it seems like the history grabs you. Tsubasa has ones of the best Ost i have listen and it was very good. And Tengen Toppa its one of my unforgettable ones series. Razz And the other , Nabari no ou i read the manga, and it was like a master piece to me. Smile
And I thinks the ones you said are the bests of that list, btw have you saw minami-ke? its very good ^^
Do you know that Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has an ova now ? im watching it Razz. I loved Spice and wolf and school days i dont know what to say about it Rolling Eyes .

Regards.

Ahhh, I almost forgot , the cools ones for me are :
Bleach , Naruto , Death Note , HunterxHunter , Eureka seven and Monster ( action , police and others) and Devil may cry.
Fruits Basket , Kanon, Air , Myself Yourself and Ouran koukou high school ( romance , comedy , sad moments) they are old but they are prety good ^^.
crimson_aria
assasssin8 wrote:

They are my Noble Masters
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Haruka Route :omgnooo: (as depressing as the first season)

this series would forever be etched in my memory. I cried so hard at the end.

I've only seen the first episode of the OVA. if you say it's as depressing as the first season, I may as well prepare lots of tissue.
JinTenshi
Hitmen Reborn has alot of boring episodes that contributes mostly nothing to the fights that occur later in the story which is the better part actually.

I watched Bleach, only good from the start till after Ichigo saved Rukia, after which it is boring as shit due to the fillers that came and robbed it's awesome momentum.

Try catching Gintama, though I wouldn't exactly say it's cool, but hey, it kept me laughing every episode, I'm not sure if things get serious later in the story but it sure as hell is worth the watch cause it's just funny and dumb for now. Unlike Hitmen Reborn, it actually is funny and enjoyable.

Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) is also a good classic anime to watch alongside Inuyasha. Ah, used to watch them on television last time with lousy english voiceovers. XD
amperx
can i suggest soul eater? it only has 30+ eps atm, its really good, and the animations superb Very Happy
amperx
K-on too lols, almost like a beck funny girl series though, great animation too
paskifire
one piece, gundam 00, toradora, melancholy of haruhi suzumiya hahaha
j00gotpwnd
Hey thanks for this thread. I found quite a few new shows that I want to check out. These struck my interest: H20, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Soul Eater, and perhaps Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
dude_xyx
Full metal panic was fun too.
JinTenshi
How about try the latest Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood? Haha. Heard it was good since it followed the manga. ^_^ Gintama gets really cool later on in the story, it only can get more awesome. Really a must watch.

Shakugan no Shana is also a good action-packed anime. Abit of love love story going on too. x)
QrafTee
Hajime no Ippo, Hikaru no Go, Yakitate Japan, Get Backers, and Code Geass R1 and R2. Those are the recent ones I've watched in the past year. I stopped watching Naruto Shippudden and Bleach for some reason.
sum12nv
go gundam go!!! gundam anime's are the best. so pro graphics and stuff. the storylines are really good too.
jigoku05
I'll recommend some less popular and older animes:
Overdrive: Sports anime about road cycling. Has lots of comedy and a bit of romance.
Clannad (has 2 seasons): it can fit in any genre lol! comedy, drama, romance, fantasy, school life, slice of life, and moar!
GTO(great teacher onizuka): Very funny and action packed. Story of a delinquent who becomes a teacher to straighten the problem students of a school.
Shonan Junai-Gumi: Prequel to GTO. Story of Onizuka in his highschool days
GTO: Shonan 14 days: not an anime but a manga. side story of gto.

That's it for now this are the ones on top of my list since some of them are popular and need not be recommended.
amperx
i'll recommend you watch, ttgl, tengen toppa gurren lagann, its a very hyper anime Very Happy
jigoku05
amperx wrote:
i'll recommend you watch, ttgl, tengen toppa gurren lagann, its a very hyper anime Very Happy

Yeah very hyper that one of the main characters died in episode 6 or something. I'm not spoiling promise! Yes Kamina died lol! It's really good anime with some super deformed Gundams fighting. Their robots combines too like power rangers or voltes 5.
paskifire
listen to jigou\ku05. He's not a spoiler Very Happy
amperx
jigoku05 wrote:
amperx wrote:

Yeah very hyper that one of the main characters died in episode 6 or something. I'm not spoiling promise! Yes Kamina died lol! It's really good anime with some super deformed Gundams fighting. Their robots combines too like power rangers or voltes 5.

noooess dont spoil, but it was really good though, but damn, the author is really brutal, but it works though
paskifire
How about Higashi no Eden. I want to own that phone.
menino
I used to watch Full Metal ALchemist, which had about 50 episodes.
But I don't know if there is a new series based on that that's come out. - Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood.
I have yet to check the latest one out.
rayxzero
menino wrote:
But I don't know if there is a new series based on that that's come out. - Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood.

They say that brotherhood follow the original story from the manga than the original anime and no filler episodes.
sosoayaen
dude_xyx wrote:
Full metal panic was fun too.

keroro~ the green frog
app893
I like the snow white and seven drawaf.
cherry-pie
rayxzero wrote:
menino wrote:

They say that brotherhood follow the original story from the manga than the original anime and no filler episodes.

brotherhood is the best *-* but i like the other one too.
ajitha999
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 pm Post subject:
Hi,
I have watched xxxholic , Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Tengen Toppa. I loved xxxholic because it seems like the history grabs you. Tsubasa has ones of the best Ost i have listen and it was very good. And Teng