FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this rule out of date?

ocalhoun
Quote:
l. Posts advertising ad blockers (not popup blockers) are not allowed.

If I recall, this was to keep frihost's users from blocking the ads, which would have killed profits, therefore killing the site. But now, we don't have ads for logged in members anymore, so is this rule still needed?
Nameless
Given that people who aren't logged in could still see read about and then use the ad blockers ... I'd say yes.
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
Given that people who aren't logged in could still see read about and then use the ad blockers ... I'd say yes.

Do we really have repeat users who don't register or log in?
SonLight
ocalhoun wrote:

Do we really have repeat users who don't register or log in?

I'm sure we do, or the site probably wouldn't pay for itself. It may be that many of the repeat users come here by searching for a subject many times without really becoming aware of what Frihost offers as a site. I know I'm reluctant to register for something I haven't investigated a bit.
Donutey
ocalhoun wrote:
Quote:
l. Posts advertising ad blockers (not popup blockers) are not allowed.

If I recall, this was to keep frihost's users from blocking the ads, which would have killed profits, therefore killing the site. But now, we don't have ads for logged in members anymore, so is this rule still needed?

It's still needed, as the site still needs to support it self somehow. It's not like you can't just search other places for information, I think that the rule is perfectly reasonable.
mathiaus
We get paid to install tracker software through malicious scripts so need these blockers to be disabled. We can't afford the servers otherwise!

For those idiots who don't understand the meaning of the word 'sarcasm'...... Frihost is completely legitimate and never has, does or will, intentionally do anything morally wrong Very Happy

I don't think this rule really matters if it is present or not. It is though and unless Mr B (Bondings to me and you), deems otherwise, it stays!
-close-