FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Account locked?

jsfdan
Ok... so I change my password on cpanel and then it askes me to login. I do then exit... then 5 minutes later. I go back and get this message:

This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait 10 minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

Soooo, how did this happen? Bug?
Bondings
jsfdan wrote:
Ok... so I change my password on cpanel and then it askes me to login. I do then exit... then 5 minutes later. I go back and get this message:

This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait 10 minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

Soooo, how did this happen? Bug?

It's because (most likely) you tried to login several times with a bad password. Probably with ftp, I guess. Then it locks you out for a while. This is to prevent someone from trying to guess your password by brute force.