FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am 25 years old,but no girl friend

In fact ,I am 160 cm tall.But in China it's so difficult to be loved,waahh
profbis
Same here bro, I am not that tall though.
Sphaerenkern
Isn't 1,60 quite average for China?
And do you really think height is so important? Shocked
psycosquirrel
Don't worry about being single too much, something will happen eventually! Just keep trying. Very Happy
JoshuAAR
Well you will be alright. What exactly is it in China that makes it hard to be loved? A low female population? or something more to do with a characteristic of yourself?

Just keep going at it and if you want one, you will find a girl eventually. Razz
tapina
041751 wrote:
In fact ,I am 160 cm tall.But in China it's so difficult to be loved,waahh

I don't think being tall or short has anything to do on building relationships.

First you need to evaluate your relationship building skills. Are you generally a shy person and finds it difficult to strike a conversation with women/girls. If so you need to improve your interaction skills. Be relaxed and cool. Do not go out of your way trying too much to be loved, rather be yourself and you will find that there girls out there who will love your real you.

It also helps if you befriend a girl, just for friendship purposes and enlist her help in ironing out your personality. I'm not, in any way, saying that you are an undesirable chararcter, rather, I am saying, a girl friend knowa what girls look for in men, and would help you in one or two area.
rightclickscott
I say you look through the relationship section and find every post of mine regarding unserious relationships. Keep the pimp hand strong, dawg!
rightclickscott wrote:
I say you look through the relationship section and find every post of mine regarding unserious relationships. Keep the pimp hand strong, dawg!

Is it useful?
rightclickscott
041751 wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

Is it useful?

Yes. The only reason I come on Frihost anymore is to give relationship advice. If I didn't think my advice was helpful, then I wouldn't give it. The thing is, I don't feel like reposting the same tired advice over and over again, as much as I try to make my thoughts original. I really try to stand out when it comes to generic advice. Really, when it comes to guys who have no girlfriends who want them, in my experience the best thing to do is to look into whatever opportunities you have. You can't just wait and expect a random girl to like you. However, there is no set way to make a girl like you. They will either have interest in you, or they won't. People will know instantaneously if they have some kind of attraction to you, due to outward appearance. The best thing you can do is remain confident around girls, and try to be very witty. Tell a lot of off collar jokes that you know won't offend, and make sure you keep an eye on the girls around you that you might be interested in, or might be interested in you. Go out to parties! Go to other social get togethers, such as the local hang out spot! I would say you aren't going to find anyone just sitting at the computer, but if you're on social networking sites like me, then you could find someone over facebook, like I did. Although, to be fair, she really found me instead of the other way around. Sure, I got a JACKPOT girl dropped into my lap, but that doesn't mean I didn't show interest. I made the initiative to hang out with her. I was the one who made the attempt to hold her hand. And then everything else after that, well, it's been just amazing.
ddoonie
rightclickscott wrote:
041751 wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

Is it useful?

Yes. The only reason I come on Frihost anymore is to give relationship advice. If I didn't think my advice was helpful, then I wouldn't give it. The thing is, I don't feel like reposting the same tired advice over and over again, as much as I try to make my thoughts original. I really try to stand out when it comes to generic advice. Really, when it comes to guys who have no girlfriends who want them, in my experience the best thing to do is to look into whatever opportunities you have. You can't just wait and expect a random girl to like you. However, there is no set way to make a girl like you. They will either have interest in you, or they won't. People will know instantaneously if they have some kind of attraction to you, due to outward appearance. The best thing you can do is remain confident around girls, and try to be very witty. Tell a lot of off collar jokes that you know won't offend, and make sure you keep an eye on the girls around you that you might be interested in, or might be interested in you. Go out to parties! Go to other social get togethers, such as the local hang out spot! I would say you aren't going to find anyone just sitting at the computer, but if you're on social networking sites like me, then you could find someone over facebook, like I did. Although, to be fair, she really found me instead of the other way around. Sure, I got a JACKPOT girl dropped into my lap, but that doesn't mean I didn't show interest. I made the initiative to hang out with her. I was the one who made the attempt to hold her hand. And then everything else after that, well, it's been just amazing.

I have to agree here. Very rarely will some girl come out of the blue pick you up etc... You have to make yourself available for encounters to occur (social settings etc...). Just talk to girls, as equals. Don't try to pick up every girl, talk to them and have genuine conversations. I feel this goes way past the ridiculous pickup nonsense. Generates a new friend, and even if she is not your interest, she has friends... Dont worry, half the girls out there will think you are hitting on them regardless what you say, as does every waitress i talk to haha.

If you are shy, again i'm echoing rightclickscott, social networking sites can be really helpful to 'break the ice'...
LimpFish
dude im 24 and had one girlfriend, and that one fell in love with another guy while we were still dating. Id say youre blessed to not have had a girl, all they do is take your heart and stomp on it. and it hurts so bad.
risicakes
yeah and since china is only producing guys? thats tough.
Kelvin
Anyone knows the girl to guy ratio in China now? I would say it's probably 1:3?? And if the imbalanced ratio is not enough, China women also prefer to find foreign partners, probably with the hope of a better living.

You gotta be outgoing, break that shyness in you, be brave and you will have a breakthrough. I would say most people miss out on what could have been because they did not have enough courage to try. Living a life of regrets is no fun so change is needed.

You also have plenty of opportunities... social gatherings, singles organisations, matchmaking etc etc.... Just get out of your comfort zone. All the best
PromiseMe
I don't know much about China, but in America, these would make any self-respecting woman melt:

1. Don't forget to be vulnerable. There's a time for all of the macho man stuff, but if you try to act too tough, girls get fed up.

2. Be flirty. Get the confidence up and flirt with her. Offer to buy her a drink. Give her a compliment. Start a conversation. Do something odd and fun to get her attention.

3. Be sweet. Give her flowers. Tuck her hair behind her ear for her. Come out of nowhere with two tickets to a concert and reservations for dinner afterward. Walk the Wall of China together.

Unless you're some form of really creepy perv, this should work.
Cddhesh
Well, i am 25 and 172 cm tall, and fair handsome, i don't have a girlfriend still, What shocking news i got from my friends is that i look strict and scholar it seems, and everyone fears to talk with me.I am scholar, no doubt. I have also noticed that girls don't talk with me often. well i see girls looking at me always but no one comes to talk with me any time Smile
I tried changing my hair style,my cloths...but no .No use

Now don't tell me to do plastic surgery of my face
smasha
Lol at this thread. No one thing makes someone attractive.
ssthanapati
being handsome is not the most importnat thing needer to get girls... Ever seen hot women with not so handsome guys.. and u wonder ... I look better than him, then y not me... Well if a grl dosent find u interesting she wont be with u.... And if u get boring she may leave u
LimpFish
dude, girls cause a lot of pain. so make sure you know the girl before you get into something, know her well. I thought I did, but she did not turn out to be what I thought she was. and i ended up getting very hurt, and in a lot of trouble in many ways...
justtj
160 cm is good enough..
and common! its not that difficult to get a girl..
RubySlasher
Yeah, it's hard for you to be popular in China.
Outside of Asia, it's a whole other story. You probably can't even begin to imagine how many non-asian women are inflicted with Asianophilia.
LimpFish
actually, at least in sweden, most girls have more asianophobia than asianophilia. ive read articles on that most swedish girls do not get attracted to asian guys. with asian girls it is a whole other story though, obviously Wink
Kelcey
I agree totally with the Asian thing.
LimpFish
personally i love asian girls, many of them are very beautiful. and they have super nice skin too. Further plus is that they have no BO or body hair at all almost! Smile
bonestorm74
I didn't have much luck with girls for a long long time. It wasn't for want of trying, I asked a lot of girls out and was met with a lot of knock backs. It can be very disheartening and difficult to take. I don't mind admitting that for a while there I thought I'd never get anywhere.

But I kept perservering and eventually one said yes. I quickly forgot all of those knock backs.
cvkien
you never try, u never know. love is not about physical. if a girl love you because of your physical, then i think the relationship will not last long. Love is about understanding and feeling. people loves because they understand, try to be confident with your inner characteristic. i believe god is fair, you don't have nice physical look but maybe you'll have better knowledge, for instance. so show your strength and focus on it. keep your weakness in your pocket.
gandalfthegrey
Why are so many ethnic guys preoccupied with whether white women will go for them???

What about all the white guys who are born ordinary or unattractive?
It's not a race thing, it's a looks thing.
People want someone in their range.
They've did studies that almost everyone is within 2 "points" of their partner looks wise.

Your asian... big deal... Everyone is born unique and different. Some people are born large, some tall, some short.

You just have to accept yourself, love yourself and go about living your life in a positive and confident manner. Then women will be attracted to you.
LimpFish
i got dumped by my gf like three months ago... but now she is callin me all the time wanting to hang out and stuff... she says im her best friend still... Should I keep being that? It is hard to know... hard to not want her back when I hang out with her..
psycosquirrel
LimpFish wrote:
i got dumped by my gf like three months ago... but now she is callin me all the time wanting to hang out and stuff... she says im her best friend still... Should I keep being that? It is hard to know... hard to not want her back when I hang out with her..

It is up to you...

Hanging out with her will result in one of two things... You will either get back together, or end up in this awkward "non-dating" relationship, where there is definitely feelings, but neither of you can act upon them because one of the two of you feels like they can't be in the relationship the same way as before.

If the second possibility happens, then you and / or her are going to be in for a lot of emotional pain.

If I were you, assuming you want her back, try it for awhile. If she does not want to get back together with you after a few weeks, tell her you need to move on. Doing so would be good for both of you.
LimpFish
psycosquirrel wrote:
LimpFish wrote:

It is up to you...

Hanging out with her will result in one of two things... You will either get back together, or end up in this awkward "non-dating" relationship, where there is definitely feelings, but neither of you can act upon them because one of the two of you feels like they can't be in the relationship the same way as before.

If the second possibility happens, then you and / or her are going to be in for a lot of emotional pain.

If I were you, assuming you want her back, try it for awhile. If she does not want to get back together with you after a few weeks, tell her you need to move on. Doing so would be good for both of you.

yeah that is kinda what i am doing i guess. since i am in hawaii right now where she lives, im hanging out with her until i go back to sweden. i guess that's it for us if nothing happens between us before then... so sad though, she is both like my best friend and super-hot, like best possible combination!
Kcin1
I'm 21 without a girlfriend. Mostly thought I really haven't met one that I find worthy of spending all my free time building a relationship with. If I found someone that shared my hobbies it would be easy, but it seems they don't exist in that variety.
RosenCruz
do not worry...being 25 does not mean that you have to have a girlfriend...find someone that you really love...not just a girlfriend Wink Arrow
jenss
Kcin1 wrote:
I'm 21 without a girlfriend. Mostly thought I really haven't met one that I find worthy of spending all my free time building a relationship with. If I found someone that shared my hobbies it would be easy, but it seems they don't exist in that variety.

You've got pleanty of time so don't worry about that. Just out of curiousity what are your hobbies? If they are things girls like to do you have a great chance of meeting that girl. If they involve hanging out in basements playing RPGs, you have much fewer chances. Do your hobbies have any diversity?

Jen
perdito
this was kind of funny)) maybe you would like to be taller rather than finding a girl
Starrfoxx
Don't sweat it.

I didn't get married until I was 28, and that marriage didn't work out. It wasn't until I was 30 when I finally met the right person and married again. We've been married 7 years now.

They say it happens when you least expect it, and that is very true. It's okay to go out and date, but don't keep thinking "this might be the one". Just go out, have fun, meet new people, and make friendships. Eventually one of those friendships will build into something much more, because it just feels right.

The one you marry should be one that you consider to be the best friend you could ever have.
chatrack
I thinks it is not a bad thing, for not having a girl/boy friend. there are many good things you can do in this good age of 25.

so dont worry about not having a GIRL friend Smile
be happy to be free !! Very Happy
LimpFish
yea man, having a girlfriend is great. but there are also many good things about being single. you can always do exactly what you want yourself, whereas when you have a girlfriend, you always have to take her into consideration, which most of the times is fine, but a lot of times you will also find her will colliding with your own, or with your friends'. choosing between friends and girlfriend is smoething every man with a girlfriend has to do a lot more often than he wants to. at least my experience.
afreedi
hay buddy ..don't worry its ok in life ...some time others in fog .....but you always keep walking !
poppat
No.1 Rule

Personality beats all, including looks, money and machismo.

If you don't have a personality, get one now. This can be developed over a short time or bought from your local supermarket (lol).

There seems to be so many ugly men with gorgeous women where I live, I guess I'm one of them.
A good personality does not mean being pushy, it means being interesting to a girl. Make an effort to look your best but don't expect the girls to flood to you unless you look like Johnny Depp. For the rest of us it's all about conversation and personality. If you know the girl is local build a relationship up over a couple of weeks or more, but don't leave it too long to make a slightly more positive move in the conversation or some other guy will snatch her before your eyes and you will have to start all over again with your next fancy. The only advantage being you have more friends at the end of it all which is good for lots of reasons.

poppat
poppat
Oh I just remembered.

During your conversations you will have to develop a sixth sense about whether this girl really likes you that much. Look for the signs in the conversation, her mannerisms and the way she looks at you. It's not usually that hard.

Good luck to you all.

poppat
thealpha
Dear friends, no worries about your situation, you are still young, only twenty-five years old, right?
What you need t do is to build up your image in front of other people. 160 cm will not be a problem and hinder your relationship with girls. You may decorate yourself in another manner to attract other girls, the most important thing is that you must rebuuild your confident. After you have confidence, you can do the thing successfully.