FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2008 - 2009 Frihost fantasy Football League *1000 frih*

truespeed
Join the frihost premiership fantasy football league *1000 Frih to the winning team*

Once you have signed up and chosen your team,click on leagues,and then join league.. and paste in this code..

302381-66618

Click Here To Join Up

Basic Rules
Quote:
Squad selection

A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:

* 2 Goalkeepers
* 5 Defenders
* 5 Midfielders
* 3 Forwards

You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million. The value of each player can be found here.
Formations

From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team.

Your team can play in any formation providing one goalkeeper and at least three defenders and one forward are selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Any changes you make to your team will become active at the next deadline.
Captains

You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek.

If your captain does not play then he will be automatically substituted in accordance with the rules, but the captain bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place.

You can change your captain at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your captain will become active at the next deadline.
Automatic substitutions

If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will substitute him for your replacement goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules.

Automatic substitutions are applied at the end of the Gameweek, when all matches have been played.

You can change your substitution priorities at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your substitution priorities will become active at the next deadline.
Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Free transfers are not carried over from week to week.

All transfers before the start of the season are made at no cost. For teams entering after the start of the season, no points will be deducted before their first deadline.

You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.
Deadlines

Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline to take effect for that set of matches.

Only 2 people joined last year,and that was including myself,so hopefully with me posting this so early,this year we will get more entries,so join up today.
adri
I need to wait one month because I'm not 16 yet Crying or Very sad
_AVG_
Hey, when does this contest end? Does it end until the end of the 2009 season? If so, that's a long time to wait if someone wants to win the frih$!!
Arseniy
I"m not 16 yet Sad And I'll turn 16 only in 5 months. So long...
truespeed
adri wrote:
I need to wait one month because I'm not 16 yet Crying or Very sad

I wasn't aware there was an age limit on this.

_AVG_ wrote:
Hey, when does this contest end? Does it end until the end of the 2009 season? If so, that's a long time to wait if someone wants to win the frih$!!

Yeah it runs for the full season,but its not just about the frih,as they are pretty much worthless anyway,its about pitting your wits and management skills against other frihosters

Its not just a case of picking a team and sitting back and seeing what points you have come the end of the season,the skill part comes in changing your captain depending on who their team is playing,and making weekly substitutes to cover injuries etc.

Im hoping people join the league just for the fun of it rather than the incentive of the prize,the more people we can get into the league the better it will be,and the more of a challenge it will be.
truespeed
Any more entries for this,the season starts in 10 days and theres only 1 other person other than me who has done it so far?
adri
I'll sign up though I'm not 16 yet Wink

EDIT: Signed up!
selim06
I am also signed for just fun Smile My team name is Challange 2 Fun
BTW: Please don't care my aggressive sentences at press conferences. The pressure is high at here Laughing
truespeed
Thanks for joining Selim and adri,at last we have a mini league,hopefully we will get a few more before the season starts.

I have done this a couple of times before and there is a knack to doing well on it,i will post some tips on how best to play out the season in a few days.
truespeed
After the first week,the results are as follows..

1st: Challange 2 Fun 60
2nd: FourFortyFour 42
3rd: Dens 40
4th: R-OH 27

So Challange 2 fun has taken an early lead,with all of his first 11 scoring well,Anelka who was his captain got him the most points with 12.

Tips:

1: Change your captain on a weekly basis depending on who is playing who,as captains points are always doubled.
2: You are allowed 1 substitution a week,so if you have an injury,don't wait for him to get better,just change him. Remember you can only change one player a week without being docked points,anymore will lose you four points per player.
3: A 4-3-3 formation allows you to have 3 strikers in your team,this is the best option as its more than likely that your strikers will be getting you the goals and the points.
_AVG_
Can I join now, even though the season's begun?
adri
Wow 40 points Razz , hmm see if I can find my password back Embarassed
truespeed
_AVG_ wrote:
Can I join now, even though the season's begun?

Yes,you can still join,you have only missed one week and nobody got massive amounts of points so it shouldn't be too difficult to make up the deficit.
truespeed
Week 2

1st: Challange 2 Fun 97 (+37)
2nd: FourFortyFour 79 (+37)
3rd: R-OH 64 (+37)
4th: Dens 63 (+23)

Very similar but all low scoring week for everyone,the only change to the table being R-OH taking third spot from Dens.
Skye001
Im signed up... bring it on!!!
_AVG_
I'm in!!! Finally, I've joined!!
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
Im signed up... bring it on!!!

_AVG_ wrote:
I'm in!!! Finally, I've joined!!

Welcome to the league.
truespeed
Week 3 .........

1st: FourFortyFour (+66) 145
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (+32 ) 129
3rd: Rainbow UTD (+44) 107
4th: R-OH (+39 ) 103
5th: Dens (+34 ) 97
6th: onFire (+32 ) 32

I had the best week this week scoring 66,although not a great score,it was enough to take me to the top of the league.

My keeper kept a clean sheet and saved a penalty to earn me 14 points,but my top earner was my captain,Adebayor ,who although he never scored,he got 2 assists,which got me 8 points,but because hes my captain,they got doubled to 16.
Skye001
Hmmm I got to make sure the players I pick for this week perform... Quite a gap... no?
romeo123
Wait... I dont get this.. Can someone please explain it to me?
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
Hmmm I got to make sure the players I pick for this week perform... Quite a gap... no?

No,its early days,the gap between me and you could easily be made up with a couple of good weeks.

romeo123 wrote:
Wait... I dont get this.. Can someone please explain it to me?

The rules are in the first post.
truespeed
Week 4..

I had a better week than the rest so i stay top..

1st: FourFortyFour (58 ) 203
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (45) 174
3rd: R-OH (31) 134
4th: Dens (27) 124
5th: Rainbow UTD (16) 107
6th: onFire (27) 55

onFire i noticed your captain was Torres,he was injured so was always unlikely to play,in the end he made the bench but was an unused substitute. Always keep an eye on who is fit and who is not,especially your captain as their points count for double.

R-OH its never a good idea to have a keeper as captain,because unless they keep clean sheets and save penalties,its unlikely you will ever get a high scoring week from your captain. If i was you i would nominate one of your strikers as captain,and also change it depending on who is playing who.
_AVG_
Shoot! I lperformed quite badly this week. Hey truespeed what tips can you give me to improve my team's performance? Smile
truespeed
_AVG_ wrote:
Shoot! I lperformed quite badly this week. Hey truespeed what tips can you give me to improve my team's performance? Smile

Just keep on top of who is injured and who isn't,also watch who is playing who,and use your substitutes accordingly,as for instance if you have a striker from say Stoke,although he may score against a Fulham or a Hull,if say Stoke play Manchester united,its probably better to have him on the bench that week as its unlikely he will get you any points,so that way you will have other players who can earn you points.

Theres no great secret to doing well,just a case of keeping an eye on your team,transfering your injured players straight away (remember you can only transfer one player a week without being docked points). And change your captain depending on who is playing who.

I got my captin wrong last week,as Adebyour scored a hat -trick ,and i missed out on quite a few points being doubled,but then Arsenal were away to Blackburn so i wasn't expecting lots of goals.
truespeed
Dens and R-OH you both have Shevchenko,he plays in Milan now,so you both have 8 million pounds worth of striker doing nothing for you,you should sell him straight away and buy someone else.
adri
Ok chief Razz

Adri
truespeed
Week 5..

Rainbow UTD top scored this week with 43,with wright phillips top scoring with 14 for you.

1st: FourFortyFour (30 ) 233
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (35) 209
3rd: R-OH (30) 164
4th: Dens (35) 159
5th: Rainbow UTD (43) 150
6th: onFire (29) 84
7th: AllStars (31) 63

We also have a new member, so welcome Allstars.
_AVG_
truespeed wrote:
Week 5..
Rainbow UTD top scored this week with 43,with wright phillips top scoring with 14 for you.

Yes!! I hope I can climb up the table now ... Smile Smile
truespeed
Week 6....

onFire top scored this week with 64,closing the gap on the teams above him,he top scored with Torres who he had as captain,gaining a total of 24 points for just the one player.

1st: FourFortyFour (48 ) 281
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (36) 245
3rd: R-OH (30) 194
4th: Dens (23) 182
5th: Rainbow UTD (37) 171
6th: onFire (64) 148
7th: AllStars (58 ) 121
Skye001
Can I be immature??

Booooyaaaaa... hopefully golden boy is back on form... but all credit for valencia and zaki... but my midfield is seriously lacking... just need to catch up with the boys on top!
_AVG_
Damn! I performed poorly this week. Was it because I made too many transfers?
truespeed
_AVG_ wrote:
Damn! I performed poorly this week. Was it because I made too many transfers?

Your only allowed one transfer per week,any more than that will cost you four points per player,so perhaps that affected your total if you made a lot of changes,however if you really needed to make those changes,then sometimes its worth taking a short term loss for long term gain.
truespeed
week 7...

Allstars top scored this week with 78,with Torres scoring 26,and moved up 2 places.

Dens did the worst, only scoring 9,and dropped from 4th place to last.

1st: FourFortyFour (46 ) 327
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (46) 291
3rd: R-OH (24) 218
4th: Rainbow UTD (40) 211
5th: AllStars (78 ) 199
6th: onFire (54) 198
7th: Dens (9) 191
lagoon
That site is crap!

It seems incapable of saving anything I do!
truespeed
lagoon wrote:
That site is crap!

It seems incapable of saving anything I do!

I don't understand why your having problems,as theres 1,619,914 people who have joined who never had any.
truespeed
Week 8..

AllStars seems to have left the league.

Moving on,top scorer this week with 47 was onFire with zaki top scoring for him with 10.

I had a bad week,i chose the wrong players for my first 11,my 3 substitutes had they been in my team would of made me 20 points,i even left out zaki which was a bad idea.

1st: FourFortyFour (37 ) 364
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (38 ) 329
3rd: R-OH (36) 254
4th: onFire (47) 245
5th: Rainbow UTD (26) 237
6th: Dens (35) 226

For those who maybe are in need of a complete overhaul of their team,don't forget you can play your wildcard,a wildcard means you can make as many transfers as you want without it affecting your points. You only get one wildcard per season,so use it wisely.
_AVG_
Should I remove the Spurs players from my team?
truespeed
_AVG_ wrote:
Should I remove the Spurs players from my team?

With them being on such a bad run of form it might not be a bad idea,plus you have three of them.

I started out with 2 spurs players,Modric and Bentley,but i got rid of them as soon as i had the opportunity.

Use your wildcard,that way you can make as many changes as you want without it affecting your points.
truespeed
I forgot to post saturdays stats,and they are not available on the site now.

Rainbow UTD were the biggest scorers though,having scored over 60 with Agbonlahor scoring 30 alone.

I will post the next set after wednesdays matches.
_AVG_
I made Agbonlahor my captain and it paid off!

It's a good thing I didn't remove the Spurs players after all Very Happy
truespeed
Week 10....

Top scorer this week was Challange 2 Fun with 60,and he top scored with his captain Anelka who got 16.

1st: FourFortyFour (47 ) 452
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (60 ) 430
3rd: Rainbow UTD (44) 343
4th: R-OH (53) 341
5th: onFire (30) 313
6th: Dens (37) 297
jabce85
just saw this, but i've been playing since gameweek 1... i just joined btw, and yes that arsenal spurs game yesterday was incredible.
truespeed
jabce85 wrote:
just saw this, but i've been playing since gameweek 1... i just joined btw.

Welcome to the league jabce85.

Week 11...

jabce85 joins the league in second position and also top scored this week with 60,with his captain berbatov top scoring with 20 points.

1st: FourFortyFour (48 ) 500
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (60 ) 489
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (54 ) 484
4th: R-OH (35) 376
5th: Rainbow UTD (25) 368
6th: onFire (50) 363
7th: Dens (67) 344
Skye001
It is very tight at the bottom of the league, with only a few points really separating the teams!

Dont know whether or not not to include Torres in team as he did not play against atheltico, but boy would I love to have ronaldo or lampard (jammy git) in my team, they score every game or assist, but they are just just too expensive unless you started on gameweek 1.
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
It is very tight at the bottom of the league, with only a few points really separating the teams!

Dont know whether or not not to include Torres in team as he did not play against atheltico, but boy would I love to have ronaldo or lampard (jammy git) in my team, they score every game or assist, but they are just just too expensive unless you started on gameweek 1.

You could use your wildcard and make a few changes to your team to include one or both of them,i bought lampard only a few weeks ago.
Skye001
I think I already used mine Sad
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
I think I already used mine Sad

Maybe just bite the bullet and sacrifice 4 points per player changed if you really need to make some,as long term it may work out better,either that or just make one weekly change till you end up with the team you want,as your allowed one change a week without it affecting your points.

.....................................................................................................................................

Week 12.........

We seem to have a few more in the league this week,im not sure if they are all from frihost.

This is also the first week i am not top of the league,so well done Challange 2 Fun for taking the top spot,he scored 55 points with Anelka getting 26 of them,however he wasnt the top scorer over all,that belonged to TB City who scored 56.

Brunswick Bears has it all to do as he is giving us all a 400+ point start,it will be interesting to see how much ground he can make up by the end of the season.

1st: Challange 2 Fun (55) 546
2nd: Goldenballs (50 ) 543
3rd: FourFortyFour (40) 540
4th: Barker City (52 ) 538
5th: Reptic's Sevenge (36 ) 528
6th: TB City (56 ) 519
7th: R-OH (35) 412
8th: onFire (49) 412
9th: Rainbow UTD (30) 404
10th: Dens (48 ) 401
11th: Brunswick Bears (38 ) 38
truespeed
Week 13...

There were a lot of high scoring teams this week,with onfire top scoring with 95 and his top scorer was his captain Anelka with 26. Even though i scored well with 60,i am now down to 5th in the table. Reptic's Sevenge go from 5th to the top of the table for the first time scoring 92 points.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (92 ) 620
2nd: Goldenballs (70 ) 613
3rd Barker City (72 ) 610
4th: Challange 2 Fun (51) 597
5th: FourFortyFour (60) 596
6th: TB City (64 ) 583
7th: onFire (95) 499
8th: Rainbow UTD (54) 458
9th: R-OH (43) 455
10th: Dens (38 ) 439
11th: Brunswick Bears (40 ) 78
Skye001
Did poorly this week, but last week was just awesome!
lagoon
Darn! I have to be 16!

I wanted 1000frih$ too!
truespeed
Week 14.......

Lots of changes at the top and we have another new leader for the third week running in Barker City,who scored an impressive 64, he wasnt however the top scorer this week as Rainbow UTD beat him by two points with 66 with his top point earner being stephen ireland with 11.

1st: Barker City (64 ) 670
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (45 ) 665
3rd: FourFortyFour (56) 652
4th: Challange 2 Fun (43) 640
5th: Goldenballs (32 ) 637
6th: TB City (52 ) 623
7th: onFire (52) 547
8th: Rainbow UTD (66) 524
9th: R-OH (43) 498
10th: Dens (21 ) 460
11th: Brunswick Bears (46 ) 124
truespeed
Week 15.....

We lost our leader this week ,Barker City is no longer a part of the league,another member of the league who also seems to have left is Goldenballs ,why they left i am not sure.

The new leader this week is again Reptic's Sevenge who scored 41 ,the top scorer this week was R-OH with 52,his top earning player was his captain Tim Howard with `14.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (41 ) 706
2nd: FourFortyFour (42) 694
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (44) 684
4th: TB City (40 ) 663
5th: onFire (36) 583
6th: Rainbow UTD (29) 553
7th: R-OH (52) 550
8th: Dens (43 ) 503
9th: Brunswick Bears (29 ) 153
truespeed
Week 16.....

Reptics Revenge retains top spot this week,even though he only scored 36,top scorer this week was the bottom club,Brunswick Bears with an impressive 68,his top scorer was his captain Cech with 14.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (36 ) 742
2nd: FourFortyFour (45) 735
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (47) 731
4th: TB City (47 ) 698
5th: onFire (47) 626
6th: Rainbow UTD (49) 602
7th: R-OH (32) 582
8th: Dens (33 ) 536
9th: Brunswick Bears (68 ) 221
Skye001
I think I should stop making changes, I make atleast between 2-3 changes every week costing me 8 points.

I think I understand why Rafa Benetiz keeps making changes and doesnt have a steady first team lol!
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
I think I should stop making changes, I make atleast between 2-3 changes every week costing me 8 points.

I think I understand why Rafa Benetiz keeps making changes and doesnt have a steady first team lol!

Yeah its not good to do that,just change your team gradually,1 a week,that way you don't get docked points.

I have wasted my captain choice every week now for about six weeks,making the wrong choice everytime,last week for instance i bought Nasri from Arsenal,playing at home to Wigan i thought i would make him captain,he only got 1 point,although that got doubled to 2 as he was my captain,still another wasted capatains choice though.
truespeed
Week 17..

Reptic's Sevenge top scored with 57 and stays top,his top scoring player was his captain gGerrard with 28.

I had a bad week this week,slipping to 3rd place with a,lowly score of 32.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (57 ) 799
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (49) 780
3rd: FourFortyFour (32) 767
4th: TB City (28 ) 726
5th: onFire (49) 667
6th: Rainbow UTD (55) 657
7th: R-OH (43) 625
8th: Dens (49 ) 585
9th: Brunswick Bears (47 ) 268

For those teams with Man Utd Players.

With Man Utd off to Japan it might be worth replacing your united players for a week,as they are not in a position to get you any points.
truespeed
Week 18..........

Low scoring week all round this week with TB City top scoring with 48,their top scoring player was Cech with 10.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (37 ) 836
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (31) 811
3rd: FourFortyFour (41) 808
4th: TB City (48 ) 762
5th: onFire (32) 695
6th: Rainbow UTD (16) 673
7th: R-OH (39) 664
8th: Dens (30 ) 615
9th: Brunswick Bears (45 ) 313
Skye001
This week looks to be interesting...
truespeed
week 19........

The fantasy league cup started this week, I got knocked out ,i lost 54-48,had i not got rid of robinhio last week i would of gone through.

How everyone else did.

Teams knocked out

Reptic's Sevenge
FourFortyFour
TB City
Rainbow UTD
Dens

Teams who went through to the next round.

Challange 2 Fun
onFire
R-OH
Brunswick Bears

Onto this week,onfire top scored with 57 and his top scoring player was steven ireland with 19.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (26 ) 862
2nd: FourFortyFour (52) 856
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (41) 852
4th: TB City (36 ) 798
5th: onFire (57) 752
6th: Rainbow UTD (56) 729
7th: R-OH (34) 698
8th: Dens (44 ) 659
9th: Brunswick Bears (52 ) 365
_AVG_
I don't get how exactly the fantasy league cup works
truespeed
_AVG_ wrote:
I don't get how exactly the fantasy league cup works

They just randomly pit your team against another,its the luck of the draw,for instance i got knocked out with 48 but R-OH went through with 34.
Skye001
I might just be knocked out the cup this week, most of my high scoring players are on the bench and I really should remove Anelka from captaincy and give it too someone else!
truespeed
Week 20..........

After quite a few weeks off the top spot, i finally made it back into first place this week by top scoring with 58,my top scoring player was my captain Lampard with 28.

1st: FourFortyFour (58 ) 914
2nd: Challange 2 Fun (52) 892
3rd: Reptic's Sevenge (29 ) 891
4th: TB City (23 ) 817
5th: onFire (46) 798
6th: Rainbow UTD (33) 762
7th: R-OH (27) 725
8th: Dens (26 ) 685
9th: Brunswick Bears (42 ) 407

Of the nine teams,and after 2 rounds,only Challange 2 Fun is left in the Fantasy Cup.

Fantasy Cup

Still in
Challange 2 Fun

Out
onFire
R-OH
Brunswick Bears
Skye001
I was out by 2 points! damn it Boswinga got me 0 points (but played) and olson got me 6 who was on the subs bench! Man i should have made lampard my captain!
truespeed
I have just used my wildcard and changed my whole team,i have added 3 united players,including Ronaldo,who cost 14 million.
Skye001
well man utd got game in hands and right to put as many utd players in. I just spent 20points changing my team, hopefully it pays off Sad
truespeed
Week 21...........

I should of made one of my United players captain this week,as they had the extra game,which meant it would of been double points over two games.

Either way i topped scored again with 70.

1st: FourFortyFour (70 ) 984
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (53 ) 944
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (30) 922
4th: TB City (53 ) 854
5th: onFire (38 ) 836
6th: Rainbow UTD (20) 782
7th: R-OH (29) 754
8th: Dens (26 ) 711
9th: Brunswick Bears (49 ) 456

Fantasy Cup

Challange 2 Fun the last remaining team in the fantasy cup were knocked out this week losing 49 - 30 to AC Melon.
truespeed
Week 22..........

Reptic's Sevenge top scored this week with 54 and his top scoring player was Zabaleta with 15.

1st: FourFortyFour (46) 1026
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (54 ) 998
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (34) 956
4th: TB City (37 ) 891
5th: onFire (43 ) 859
6th: Rainbow UTD (42) 824
7th: R-OH (24) 778
8th: Dens (37 ) 748
9th: Brunswick Bears (37 ) 493
truespeed
Week 23.........

Some good scores all round this week,but i just about top scored with 72,my top scoring player was my captain defoe with 20.

There was no movement up or down in the league,but my team and reptics revenge are starting to build a gap and pull away from Challange 2 fun,who has been there or there abouts all season.

1st: FourFortyFour (72) 1098
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (70 ) 1064
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (46) 982
4th: TB City (54 ) 945
5th: onFire (71) 930
6th: Rainbow UTD (53) 877
7th: R-OH (32) 810
8th: Dens (37 ) 785
9th: Brunswick Bears (69 ) 562
lagoon
Dammit... why do you have to be 16? Mad
Skye001
made massive changes to my team, got a new mid and new strikers and a new keeper, costing me 24 points last gameweek but made it up this week... just would love to have ronaldo in my team but its too costly!

Oh and Charlton Cole is daaa maaaaan!
truespeed
lagoon wrote:
Dammit... why do you have to be 16? Mad

It would be a little late to enter now anyway,as for the 16 thing,i am not sure,but theres no way of them knowing one way or another what age you are,so i guess if we do this again next year,then i don't see why you couldn't join in.
truespeed
Week 24...........

A low scoring week this week for everybody,so i was glad to get as much as 43,top scorer how ever was Dens with 46,his top scoring player was Darren Bent with 22.

Still no changes in the order,but onfire is closing in on TB City for 4th place.

1st: FourFortyFour (43) 1137
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (34 ) 1094
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (23) 1005
4th: TB City (33 ) 978
5th: onFire (41) 971
6th: Rainbow UTD (20) 897
7th: R-OH (34) 844
8th: Dens (46 ) 831
9th: Brunswick Bears (28 ) 590
Skye001
Just put ronaldo in my team, as soon as lampard got sent off and now they unsuspended him! But ronaldo is better and my captain.

Just wondering does anyone know how long valencia (WIG) is out for? I need to increase my striking force (Davies (BW), Agbolonhor (AV) and Charlton Cole (WH) just feels like the team is lacking that edge and abbie has been quite poor recently just 2 points. I am thinking of removing caragher(LIV) and replace with a cheaper evertonian like lescott or jagielka.

Man Utd and Fulham is the extra game, could be a draw depends how fergie likes to play.
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
Just put ronaldo in my team, as soon as lampard got sent off and now they unsuspended him! But ronaldo is better and my captain.

Just wondering does anyone know how long valencia (WIG) is out for? I need to increase my striking force (Davies (BW), Agbolonhor (AV) and Charlton Cole (WH) just feels like the team is lacking that edge and abbie has been quite poor recently just 2 points. I am thinking of removing caragher(LIV) and replace with a cheaper evertonian like lescott or jagielka.

Man Utd and Fulham is the extra game, could be a draw depends how fergie likes to play.

If i was you i would make gradual changes,one a week,its not worth the loss of points for a mass change,another way perhaps to go would be changing your formation,recently i have have been going with a 3-4-3 formation, only having 3 defenders increases my chances of getting more goals,with 4 midfielders and 3 strikers.
truespeed
Week 25........

Top scorer this week is onFire with 75,his top scoring player was Van der Sar with 13,unlucky for some but not for onFire who leap frogged TB City into 4th place,and is now only 14 points short of Challange 2 Fun in 3rd.

1st: FourFortyFour (72) 1209
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (57 ) 1151
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (51) 1056
4th: onFire (75) 1042
5th: TB City (57 ) 1035
6th: Rainbow UTD (52) 949
7th: R-OH (47) 891
8th: Dens (57 ) 888
9th: Brunswick Bears (58 ) 648
Skye001
Made the transfers just right for the last week with man utds defense and ronaldo, it paid off but I just recently put eduardo in and now they say he's picked up a thigh injury and is out for two weeks same as Charlton Cole (two of my strikers out for two weeks) and I just made my subs today, damn I really got to be patient.
truespeed
I nearly bought Eduardo,i wanted to replace one of my two Man City strikers as they are away to Liverpool this week,so let go of Robinhio,i have Bellamy aswell,but hes against his old club so may sneak a goal.

Anyway i had over 10 million to spend,i thought i could maybe get Eduardo as he was about 8 million and leave me 2 million extra to play with next week should i need it,in the end i thought better of it and went with Van Persie. Who cost a couple of million more but i thought he was guaranteed a first team start this weekend whereas i thought Eduardo wouldn't be,luckily for me,but for all the wrong reasons,i made the right choice.
Skye001
How bad is this all the people I replaced in the last game week ended up scoring...

Davies Scored
Kyut Scored
Valencia (injured)

Damn I hate my luck.

Liverpool cant keep clean sheets so Carragher might be offloaded but I might wait till 2hours before the end of the transfer deadline. So I know who's injured and possibly starting...

Also Parker is on my bench (lost 10 points), Arteta is now injured after 6 minutes, Vidic played 27minutes (1 point)... Van Der Sar didnt play putting in rookie Myhill (Hull City) in... Really bad game week...
truespeed
Week 26....

Challange 2 Fun top scored this week with a very creditable 67,his top sccoring player was his captain Lampard who got him 18 points. onFire slipped back down to 5th,with TB City regaining his fourth spot.

1st: FourFortyFour (52) 1261
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (53 ) 1204
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (67) 1123
4th: TB City (43 ) 1078
5th: onFire (39) 1073
6th: Rainbow UTD (33) 982
7th: R-OH (40) 931
8th: Dens (36 ) 924
9th: Brunswick Bears (28 ) 676
truespeed
Week 27....

A poor week for me this week,even though i offloaded one of my Man utd players because of the carling cup. Top scorer was Challange 2 Fun with 61 and his top scoring player was his captain Lampard with 20.

1st: FourFortyFour (36) 1293
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (29 ) 1229
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (61) 1184
4th: TB City (29 ) 1103
5th: onFire (36) 1101
6th: Rainbow UTD (28 ) 1010
7th: R-OH (23) 954
8th: Dens (22 ) 946
9th: Brunswick Bears (9 ) 685

Blackburn.Fulham,Spurs and Sunderland have 2 games in the next gameweek,so if you have any of these in your team,make sure they aren't on the bench and also it may be worth making one of them captain.
Skye001
Fulham are good at keep clean sheets but not scoring goals, might be worthwhile having them in your team. Santa Cruz looks like he's back on form so would be interesting. I've put in fulhams keeper and koneschky in my team, two games at home easy for Fulham.

Just really struggling to find a day in day out striker who scores a goal each game. Guess premiership defences are harder.
truespeed
Week 28....

I had another poor week,scoring only 41. I bought andy johnson and made him captain,thinking,Fulham have 2 games at home,so he must score in at least one,but no,nothing....

Top scoring team was Reptic's Sevenge with a healthy 85,his top scoring player was Robbie keane with 20. He could of had a lot more if he had made Keane or lennon captain instead of Konchesky. He is now only 24 points behind me in second place.

1st: FourFortyFour (41) 1330
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (85 ) 1306
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (46) 1230
4th: TB City (46 ) 1149
5th: onFire (37) 1130
6th: Rainbow UTD (74 ) 1084
7th: R-OH (66) 1020
8th: Dens (63 ) 1009
9th: Brunswick Bears (61 ) 746
Skye001
Really bad week, I thought fulham could handle hull and blackburn So I bought in shwarzer and koneshky but man did it prove to be a flop Sad cost me alot of points!

Will be in manchester watching the man utd vs liverpool game thou woohooo!
truespeed
Week 29....

I replaced Andy Johnson after 2 non scoring home games,then he goes and scores away to Bolton,just my luck. Even with that bad piece of management,and choosing the wrong captain "again" i still managed to top score with 55,my top scoring player was Fellaini with 10.

1st: FourFortyFour (55) 1381
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (44 ) 1350
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (47) 1277
4th: TB City (32 ) 1181
5th: onFire (36) 1162
6th: Rainbow UTD (35 ) 1119
7th: R-OH (36) 1056
8th: Dens (37 ) 1046
9th: Brunswick Bears (34 ) 780
Skye001
Really bad gameweek, I took Kyut out and vidic got sent off sent off last week. Really had a bad march, lost ground very quickly!
truespeed
Week 30....

My worst week that i can remember,allows Reptic's Sevenge to overtake me and reclaim 1st spot,he scored 66 points to my lowly 26. He was top scorer and his top scoring player was Gerrard with 20,had he made Gerrard captain instead of keane,he would of got an extra 20 points.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (66 ) 1416
2nd: FourFortyFour (26) 1403
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (60) 1337
4th: TB City (45 ) 1226
5th: onFire (39) 1193
6th: Rainbow UTD (62) 1181
7th: R-OH (39) 1095
8th: Dens (18 ) 1064
9th: Brunswick Bears (45 ) 825
truespeed
Week 31....

My worst week of the season is followed by my best week,though by saturday night it never looked like it was going to be so, as i had only 22 points,but sundays 2 games got me an extra 70 points. Ronaldo my highest scoring player and captain,scored 2 goals,gaining me 30 points all by himself,giving me a grand total of 92 for the week and helping me back into top spot

1st: FourFortyFour (92) 1491
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (56 ) 1472
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (61) 1398
4th: TB City (35 ) 1261
5th: onFire (40) 1225
6th: Rainbow UTD (37) 1218
7th: R-OH (44) 1139
8th: Dens (41 ) 1105
9th: Brunswick Bears (45 ) 870
jabce85
ha, so i completely forgot that there was a thread for this.. i'm reptic's sevenge btw. good to see someone is still keeping up with there fantasy team..... just be glad you're not in some of the leagues i'm in, i am getting absolutely destroyed in almost all of my others
truespeed
Week 32.........

Top scorer this week was Reptic's Sevenge with 58,and his top scoring player was fulham's Dempsey who scored 2 goals and gained 15 points. theres now only 8 points between myself and jabce85's team,one bad week from either from us now,could make the difference between winning and losing.

1st: FourFortyFour (47) 1538
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (58 ) 1530
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (45) 1443
4th: TB City (32 ) 1293
5th: onFire (53) 1270
6th: Rainbow UTD (42) 1260
7th: R-OH (26) 1165
8th: Dens (33 ) 1138
9th: Brunswick Bears (19 ) 889
Skye001
So many goals scored, last weekend - I'm after 4th place!
Skye001
what a day to have Arshavin!!!! 4 goals as a I type, little boy wonder im telling ya, just a shame i put ronaldo as my captian as previously it as Arshavin!
truespeed
Skye001 wrote:
what a day to have Arshavin!!!! 4 goals as a I type, little boy wonder im telling ya, just a shame i put ronaldo as my captian as previously it as Arshavin!

And i sold him last week for robinhio.

You still have Ronaldo (your captain) to play,plus Drogba and Essien,so this could be a good week for you.
truespeed
Week 33.........

Top scorer this week was again Reptic's Sevenge with 67,and his top scoring player was Arshavin who scored 4 goals and gained 21 points. Reptic's Sevenge have now taken the lead,with only a few weeks left of the season. The only other mover is onfire,who moved above TB City into fourth spot.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (67 ) 1593
2nd: FourFortyFour (52) 1590
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (37) 1480
4th: onFire (63) 1333
5th: TB City (39 ) 1332
6th: Rainbow UTD (41) 1301
7th: R-OH (49) 1214
8th: Dens (60 ) 1198
9th: Brunswick Bears (46 ) 935
Skye001
truespeed wrote:
Week 33.........

Top scorer this week was again Reptic's Sevenge with 67,and his top scoring player was Arshavin who scored 4 goals and gained 21 points. Reptic's Sevenge have now taken the lead,with only a few weeks left of the season. The only other mover is onfire,who moved above TB City into fourth spot.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (67 ) 1593
2nd: FourFortyFour (52) 1590
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (37) 1480
4th: onFire (63) 1333
5th: TB City (39 ) 1332
6th: Rainbow UTD (41) 1301
7th: R-OH (49) 1214
8th: Dens (60 ) 1198
9th: Brunswick Bears (46 ) 935

I did say ill take 4th!
truespeed
Week 34.........

Top scorer this week was onfire with 83,his top scoring player was his captain,Ronaldo,with 28. Reptic's Sevenge stays top for another week,but only by 1 point.

1st: Reptic's Sevenge (52 ) 1645
2nd: FourFortyFour (58 ) 1644
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (41) 1521
4th: onFire (83) 1412
5th: TB City (78 ) 1398
6th: Rainbow UTD (28 ) 1329
7th: R-OH (37) 1251
8th: Dens (37 ) 1235
9th: Brunswick Bears (39 ) 974
Skye001
All I can say Brunt has been inform lately and the baggies have some easy games ahead, im just worried about essien, ronaldo and drogba not playing or only making appearances as subs due to the UEFA champions league clashes!! I hate my defenders, but hangeland is an all star, but anyone got recommendations for a midfielder at 8mil?

Someone kick for me having van der sar in goals instead of the inform schwarzer has been phenomenal this season!
Skye001
going to be a really bad week for me, totally forgot about my transfers Sad nevland, gerrard and a defender Sad
jabce85
yeah, i was out of town and forgot to pick em
truespeed
Week 35.........

Top scorer this week was TB City with 74,his highest scoring player was Arshavin with 18. I regained top spot this week,but theres still only 12 points in it.

1st: FourFortyFour (66 ) 1706
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (49 ) 1694
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (52) 1573
4th: TB City (74 ) 1472
5th: onFire (60 ) 1472
6th: Rainbow UTD (49 ) 1378
7th: R-OH (50) 1301
8th: Dens (33 ) 1268
9th: Brunswick Bears (49) 1023
truespeed
Week 36.........

Bad week for me this week,but i still remain top by 11 points with only 2 weeks of the season left.

Top scorer this week was onfire with 61,his top scoring player was his captain Ronaldo with 16.

We also have a new member of the league in Tobex FC,but with only 2 weeks left,i think they have left it a little late to make a title challenge.

1st: FourFortyFour (48 ) 1750
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (57 ) 1739
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (53) 1626
4th: onFire (61 ) 1525
5th: TB City (38 ) 1510
6th: Rainbow UTD (43 ) 1421
7th: R-OH (50) 1351
8th: Dens (52 ) 1320
9th: Brunswick Bears (50) 1073
10th: Tobex FC (44) 44
Skye001
Quote:
Week 36.........

Bad week for me this week,but i still remain top by 11 points with only 2 weeks of the season left.

Top scorer this week was onfire with 61,his top scoring player was his captain Ronaldo with 16.

We also have a new member of the league in Tobex FC,but with only 2 weeks left,i think they have left it a little late to make a title challenge.

1st: FourFortyFour (48 ) 1750
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (57 ) 1739
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (53) 1626
4th: onFire (61 ) 1525
5th: TB City (38 ) 1510
6th: Rainbow UTD (43 ) 1421
7th: R-OH (50) 1351
8th: Dens (52 ) 1320
9th: Brunswick Bears (50) 1073
10th: Tobex FC (44) 44

Lol, Tobex is going for 9th!

I should of put in Tevez rather rooney, was suprised arshavin didnt play because he was arsenal fittest player after missing the champions league game! Think he didnt play due to the flu - maybe vela spread swine flu lol...

I tell ya I want tevez to stay at united - he's a stallion! But united to take home the title and the baggies to beat liverpool! Very Happy
truespeed
I am not really happy with my team going into the final 2 weeks,i have already had to sacrifice 4 points to take out robinhio (injured) and replace him with Anelka,but with two everton players (fa cup coming up so may rest players) and 2 man united players (may have the title wrapped up by weekend so may rest players for the champions league) i am not confident of maintaining my top spot.
truespeed
Week 37........

Onfire top scored for the 2nd week running with 69,his top scoring player was Gerrard (His captain) with 28.

Next week is the final week,and there's only 3 points between my team and Reptic's Sevenge,i think who ever chooses the right captain on the day could decide the winner and loser.

1st: FourFortyFour (53 ) 1799
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (57 ) 1796
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (52) 1678
4th: onFire (69 ) 1582
5th: TB City (50 ) 1552
6th: Rainbow UTD (39 ) 1460
7th: R-OH (30) 1381
8th: Dens (29 ) 1349
9th: Brunswick Bears (43) 1116
10th: Tobex FC (52) 96
truespeed
Week 38........

In the final week,onfire top scored for the 3rd week running with 53,in a low scoring week i just about out scored Reptic's Sevenge by 7 points on the day and 22 overall,however he gambled in the final week by changing four players,and sacrificing 12 points,unfortunately for him the gamble didn't come off as one of his purchases (Lampard) didn't even play.

1st: FourFortyFour (49 ) 1848
2nd: Reptic's Sevenge (42 ) 1826
3rd: Challange 2 Fun (45) 1723
4th: onFire (53 ) 1635
5th: TB City (51 ) 1599
6th: Rainbow UTD (28 ) 1488
7th: R-OH (32) 1413
8th: Dens (23 ) 1372
9th: Brunswick Bears (10) 1126
10th: Tobex FC (25) 121

So i won the 2009 Frihost league,so i get to keep my 1000 frih.

I would like to thank everyone who took part,it has been a close run thing all season,and unlike the real premiership,went right down to the final game.

Maybe we could do it all again next year,and maybe get a few more competing next time.
Skye001
Oh man i was totally hammered on the weekend and totally forgot about doing my transfers! But it was a GG - should be interesting next season and will hopefully start it at gameweek 1 Wink
jabce85
thanks for keeping this thread going throughout the season.. i'll have to beat you next season i guess..