FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Top 4 Most Hated LOCAL Commercials

GoldWyvern
Everyone hates commercials. But these have to be the worst I have ever seen, and I just wanted to share my hatred.

As this is an international audience, I will state that these are US commercials in Nebraska.

1. Viero Wireless. They have a single spokesperson, and they run the exact same commercials and have for the last year. It's a blonde headed moron who speaks in the exact same fashion and claims that Altel Wireless is going out of business and that gas is high at $2 a gallon. $2. Then they go on to claim they have the largest network in the US and are the best company ever. Guess what? Nobody outside the viewing area has ever even heard of them. And gas is currently $4.

2. Sew Sew Sew Sew Seeeeeeeeewww. This commercial says 'sew sew seeewww' through the entire commercial, which is, strangely enough, about a sewing related store. It's voiced by some lady who has never had voice training and wouldn't be so bad - if they hadn't bought so much advertising time. It has been the same for about a year.

3. The Hospital Commercial. Fun. Actually, don't remember which hospital it is.. cause I don't recall them actually saying it. Anyhow, three secretaries that have no training in acting at all, on a blurry video, tell the 'core values' of the company. Unfortunately, they mess up their lines badly, but don't bother to correct them. Also, they are quite.. ugly. No no, not ugly. Just they don't catch them on their best day and the taker didn't bother to do a retake of the video. Sloppy work, and the same commercial for about.. yes, a year.

4. The local news broadcasts commercials. They advertise for local businesses, at least the head anchor does. It's a separate slot of time, so it counts Smile Unfortunately, he talks like this.. ahhhhh.. thiiiiinnnkkk... thaaaaaatt.... yooooouuuuu.... shooooullllddd... trrryyyyy thiiiiisssss proooodduuucctt.... you swear the man is just going to slow to a complete stop one day. He never does. Darn.
saratdear
A public interest ad or whatever by the government for the sale of..er...contraceptives. It wouldn't be too bad if they didn't keep shouting "condom!" "condom!" throughout the whole ad. Rolling Eyes

And yes, Indian govt., in Kerala.
Afaceinthematrix
I saw a cereal commercial once where this monster came out and simply said, "Leche..." (leche means 'milk' in Spanish) then he left. It made no sense whatsoever. He didn't even say something like, "Me gusta leche con mi cereal" or "Quiero leche con mi cereal..." He just said, "Leche."
raine dragon
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I saw a cereal commercial once where this monster came out and simply said, "Leche..." (leche means 'milk' in Spanish) then he left. It made no sense whatsoever. He didn't even say something like, "Me gusta leche con mi cereal" or "Quiero leche con mi cereal..." He just said, "Leche."

...We have a corn pops cereal commercial here with a 'super hero' who says "leche" and then beats up a monster along with 3 others who say like "crunchy" and stuff ^^;

Probably the worst are the local car dealer ones. There is one running right now where it's a sleaze used car salesman guy singing with bikini-clad dancing girls and guys dressed in silver suits and they are all in a car dealership trying to sing and dance around these cars with bad lighting... >....<;; it's just awful >.<

There is one that has a SUPER-catchy song right now, which I hate because the song sticks in your head so well. it's for baltimoreautoauction.com and after seeing it less than 10 times, I know the whole song >.>;; it goes like "so you wanna buy a car online, save some hassle, save some time. Wanna see it for real so you can kick the wheel. Wanna buy it from a local dealer, but you wanna get it a little cheaper, Baltimore auto auction dot com! Hey hey!" and it's a kaleidoscope of cars and confetti and stuffy and bouncing words XD my little brother sings along with it when it comes on. XD
Insanity
There's one super bland commercial about the People's Lawyer or something...
Afaceinthematrix
raine dragon wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

...We have a corn pops cereal commercial here with a 'super hero' who says "leche" and then beats up a monster along with 3 others who say like "crunchy" and stuff ^^;

I'm pretty sure that that's the commercial I'm talking about. I haven't seen it in an extremely long time but I'm pretty sure that it was a pops commercial.
kotterlyn
1. One that manages to make a minute-long song saying only:
"Community people you know."
I may be the only one, but this drives me up the wall.
That's really the only one I hate.
And it's on the radio.
Neutral
[FuN]goku
I don't have a top 4, i hate just about every commercial on TV to be honest. And then theres some of those commercials that are just plain stupid that shouldn't even be on the air in the first place.
GoldWyvern
I understand when people put in shock commercials like that 'Heads on' commercial - so you'll remember their product. But honestly, if I ever saw 'Head on' in the store I'd ignore it out of hate, and if i ever saw someone buying it I'd probably scream in rage. I mean, seriously, it's like getting a drive by beating from your TV.
standready
All the local lawyer's commercials. You can read them as "We want to profit off your pain and suffering (or stupidity)".
hlavco
Yeah, local lawyers stink.

We've also got this place near us called the Quickway Diner and Restaurant that have the most annoying commercial ever. Their jingle gets stuck in everybody's heads and it's been going on for years. I'm surprised it's not on Youtube. There's another that hasn't been on in a LONG time, but still annoys me, for a place called "Floors Like Glass". The commercial opens up with "For floors like glass call Floors Like Glass." Oh, THANKS.
ericf
"I got a great job because I went back to school. I went back to school to get a great job. I needed a great job to get more money. I got more money because I got a great job. I got a great job because I went back to school.... etc."

Most annoying commercial in the world. I had only ever heard it in my hometown of El Paso for one of the technical colleges there. Then randomly, I heard the same effing commercial for another technical college here in Boston. Blegh.
tony
saratdear wrote:
A public interest ad or whatever by the government for the sale of..er...contraceptives. It wouldn't be too bad if they didn't keep shouting "condom!" "condom!" throughout the whole ad. Rolling Eyes

And yes, Indian govt., in Kerala.

Haha - is this real? That is hilarious!
Arty
The car commercials here are the most annoying....
"Save money, save gas, save THE EARTH!!!!"
Shocked
Nameless
Wow. When I first clicked on this topic I accidentally read "Top 4 Most Hated LOLCAT Commercials." That would have been much more awesome. Laughing

I get at least a little bit annoyed by one TV ad that states "ECU Graduates Speak For Themselves" and then proceeds onto twenty or so seconds of said student taking orders and literally not speaking a single word.
sondosia
We have this one commercial that goes "Head On! Apply directly to the forehead!" and it like screams this phrase THREE TIMES. And then never says what the heck it is.

I recently found out that it's some sort of headache medicine.

I'll stick to ibuprofin, thanks...
Rajiev
This is in Sri Lanka k

1. CEAT tire add

2. Maggie Noodles add (although irrelevent, it is sexy :p )

3. ...

4. ... stil to come
Melacos
To me, the worst kinds of commercial would be the ones that so obviously screw you around. Especially the ones advertising for cleaning products and such, usually have this feel to them... It disturbs me somewhat, and I'm pretty sure it can't be worth it having them running, as I really hope people see right through them.... When those products get tested, at times they doesn't even work for cleaning basic stuff... This is sad:P
James007
Quite boring that there are no videos within this topic. Very Happy

The most irritating commercials for me are those that are in a "interview style":

excuse me madam, can I ask you a question?
- yes
do you use {type of washing powder}?
- No I use something cheaper (<< clearly indicating that this is a commercial for something extremely expensive)
- blablabla.. you know how it ends.
missdixy
The notoriously annoying "HEAD ON" commercial.

"HEAD ON, apply directly to the forehead....HEAD ON, apply directly to the forehead..." and so on. God, it's annoying and stupid.

I found it on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE
Magicman
missdixy wrote:
The notoriously annoying "HEAD ON" commercial.

"HEAD ON, apply directly to the forehead....HEAD ON, apply directly to the forehead..." and so on. God, it's annoying and stupid.

This commercial is so annoying that even the company makes fun of it in their newer commercials. A person comes on the screen at the end and says "I hate your commercial but I love your product". Its that annoying. I honestly always think that the intended purpose of that commercial is to give people headaches so they will be in need of the product. Local car company ads and lawyers are also usually pretty bad.
hlavco
BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXYCLEAN

That's not local, and it doesn't even bug me that much, but it seems to really get to everyone around me. I saw him do an insurance ad once, it was pretty weird.
Kcin1
I see the anti-gym commercial all the time on local networks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j-q63MYghU

Although to be honest I do find it a little funny.
pashmina
I am ok with any ads which makes complete sense or has some humor in it, or else i find it completely useless.
I am specially irritated by the way Indian tv keep showing the same ad again and again. Once while i was watching z cinema i got to way the same ads about 5-7 times in a single commercial break. and i found it useless and waste of money of the advertisers, and also it pointless watching z cinema channel
Phil
We have one down here in Louisiana that shows some dork in a furniture store (guess he's suppose to be the owner) acting like a complete fool.
I guess the guy and the people who work at that store may be amused. but I find it almost disturbing to watch.
I think there should be a law passed that if you own a car lot --new, used, whatever-- you should be banned from being in any related commercials. We do not want to see you act the fool. We can probably go to your lot and see you act like a fool at any given time.
soljarag
local furnature companies are the worse.... and they try to out do eachother... one got his kids to be in the comercial and act all pitifull.... another one has a chainsaw and acts like an idiot swinging it around, and its not even on

I just can't stand these comercials and I have no idea why they think people will want to shop there because of them.... I wouldn't go there because they are acting like idiots on the comercials
Phil
Yea! It's like they can't afford actors so they put their kids in for free!
I remeber years ago one car place was always putting their cute little angel in the commercials.

By the time the kid was in high school he had been arrested several times for possession of drugs.
Alaskacameradude
I run a video company and I actually MAKE local commercials. Many of the things you guys talk about
....no acting training, bad voiceovers and such are because the local businesses has NO budget.
I have people always ask me if I can make them a commercial and they want to pay me like $50!
YIKES! Anyways, I try to stay away from the extremely low budget stuff cause I don't want my
spots to be annoying. And I try to make them funny if I can. You can look at some of the local
commercials I have made on my website at:
www.gforcevideo.com
click on enter...
click on demos...
click on commercials....
Fatality
I don't really watch television, so I don't see a lot of commercials. I guess I'm probably not annoyed with any for that reason, though I'm sad to admit that some of them I actually like and interest me(though I would never try their product or whatever it may be).
Arty
Guy acting like Obama: Would you like to save energy costs? Drive a KIA!