FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm going to Spain!

nTonio

Ok, so for a little more then a month I'm going to Spain for at list to the end of this year. I can take only 15 kg of bag. I'm going in areas of Vizcaya and Kantabria (Santander). Could you give me some tips and advices about what should I take with me, and what can I find over there, maybe some warnings, anything Wink

p.s.
It isn't a holiday trip, I'm going over there on contract.
ptolomeo
Tip number one: learn something of euskera (the vasc language). It is completely different from Spanish. Although everybody speaks spanish, and you dont need euskera to live there, it is very much appreciated that people that come there worries about learning something of the vasque country language. Esential words:

Kaixo: Hello
Agur: Goodbye
Eskerrik asko: thank you very much
ez horregaitik: you are welcome.
egun on: good morning
on egin: have good appetite
arratsalde on: good evening
gero arte: see you later

Have a good time.
nTonio
Thanx a lot! ptolomeo for the language hint, I have found as well very interesting places with phrases after you have pointed to me what for to look about.

What about weather?
silvereye
Expect some rain from now on, and wet humid coolness so don't let the temperature fool you. I love Spain, am in Galicia right now. Will be heading back inland in a month by car... gonna miss it.
nTonio
Ok, thx a lot but Im afraid that no one told me that the weather over here in Bask Country is exactly the same as in United Kingdom rain, rain, rain and in some brakes a bit of sun sine. Ok so for those that would like to come here I will describe a bit of the weather that you can meet over here in Bilbao and Vitoria.
Till week ago we had a beautiful weather with 30/33 ^C and in nights something about 24. But that is something that they normally do not see. Most of the time is very rainy and chilly 15-17 C during the day, and a bit colder in the nights, but this is not the worst news. The worst is the rain, same in England. So be better prepareted then my and take sweaters, and lot of water-proof clothes.
perdito
I hope you'll have fun in Spain)