FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Post your Deviant Art (or other online gallery)

8166UY
So it's the intention that you post the link to your personal online gallery, like the ones on DeviantArt.com. It would also be nice if you guys (and girls) post comments here on what you think about the posters work.

I'll start with mine:
http://8166UY.deviantart.com/
Derbmeister
Eh, why not.

http://derbmeister.deviantart.com
8166UY
I'm seeing a lot of people just putting sketches there. Yours are all right, but most people just have shitty ones to display. A shame because they mostly actually have a real talent.
catscratches
http://catscratches.deviantart.com (rarely updated)
Ghost Rider103
I do have a deviantart account, though I haven't used it for probably two years. When I did use it I only uploaded maybe 3 images.

So that is old news, but my portfolio can be found at www.knrdesigns.com (Just click on the designs button) enjoy!
Fooky
8166UY wrote:
So it's the intention that you post the link to your personal online gallery, like the ones on DeviantArt.com. It would also be nice if you guys (and girls) post comments here on what you think about the posters work.

I'll start with mine:
http://8166UY.deviantart.com/

That's not easy to do without being a jackass. Most people say they want your opinion, but they really don't take it well.

I will however, give some advice from a friend of mine who owns an old game company. Most artists, should always hire or team up with writers--of course, I say that as a writer.

Son of Fookleyur

www.fookleyur.com
8166UY
It's true that most people only want to hear the compliments, but I agree that you shouldn't be on topics like these where people actually want to improve thereselves.

And about that site of yours:
I really like the art and style you put on there. Despite that it looks quite basic, it fits the site on some strange manner. What could be better is the second page when I clicked the big face: the letters are a bit lacking quality, like they are compressed or blurred a bit to much. But the site is surely very original.
Fooky
8166UY wrote:
It's true that most people only want to hear the compliments, but I agree that you shouldn't be on topics like these where people actually want to improve thereselves.

And about that site of yours:
I really like the art and style you put on there. Despite that it looks quite basic, it fits the site on some strange manner. What could be better is the second page when I clicked the big face: the letters are a bit lacking quality, like they are compressed or blurred a bit to much. But the site is surely very original.

I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I have it set to let me know if there's a reply to any of my posts, but I got no email!

Anyway, the main artist for the Fookleyur.com site is John Slaughter, he has a site at slaughterart.com. I just went there but I can't get past the first page. If I'm not mistaken he's one of the original founders of Oddhobby (along with Fookleyur).

The Fookleyur.com site was made back when bandwidth was a premium. Obviously, whoever created the site reduced the quality of the images and chopped them up into small jpgs. I guess, it's a method of saving bandwidth or maybe they just didn't know what they were doing, or maybe they had to do it to satisfy some hosting requirement. John has the original artwork so as soon as we find a new free host, we will post it in high(er) quality. It's a good thing he has it because I doubt it could be reproduced! We also have some stories and other writings (which is actually the main point of the site).

As far as art critiques, I spoke with my buddy (the game company owner) and he said that back in the late 1980's they tried to find artists in the Midwest. They were shocked at what they found. I'll give you the short version: some of the artists couldn't read, comic book artists didn't understand perspective, some of the artists had a wide range of "wild" expectations when it came to royalties and compensation. They gave up and went to the west coast to hire.

Obviously, the friends of those comic book artists didn't tell them how important it was to make perspective work. I think technical criticisms like that (and like the one you made about the blurry characters on Fook's site) are fair game.

He says he has a list of good sites for artists and animators, when he gives them to me I'll post it here (I'm sure you already have your own list of great sites).
airh3ad
Wow I really like the art and style you put on there how did you do that you have experience being artist or its juts your hobbies hehehe .
hamza1122
Ooh.. deviantart! i use that website but i don't post any of my personal drawings =] I probably will when i get better but not at the moment. My sister uses it though. Btw i like your gallery =] I see that you have quite a talent for photoshop. I like the dock icons =] Wish i could do those. I like making things look 3d by using shading and highlights and light! Keep up the good work =]

If you want to see some professional cartoon/animated drawings i HIGHLY recommend checking the following people's gallery on deviantart..no offence to everyone else:

B1nd1
Loish
ruff-toon
lberghol
bri-chan
pyawakit.

There are heaps more but i forget a lot of them.