FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

KNR Designs **NICE UPDATE COME LOOK**

Ghost Rider103
Well the designs page isn't completely finished, but it should be here by the end of the day, hopefully.

Still some of the links don't work, like the two on the top left of the left side of the website will not link you to anywhere, yet.

I am pretty proud of this design, and just wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

www.knrdesigns.com

Well let me know what you think.
Arseniy
Fix Contact area - there are two boxes and one of them (bottom) is useless.
Also the Recent Clients panel needs to be in order - use <br> tags.
And design looks very-very well. Great job! Smile
InsanePL
Pattern on background is ugly, and the borders with ornaments etc, dont look cool with this layout.
Concept is good but realization not, You need to improve your gfx skills to throw away this chaos from your work.
Ghost Rider103
Yeah, I was just filling up some of the pages with BS to get an idea of what it would look like, and make sure the pages were stretching properly.

I am not seeing the problem with the clients websites? What web browser are you using, and what version?

Thanks for your comment InsanePL, but I am afraid it isn't going to mean much to me, as you are the only person who has had this kind of feedback about my website. So I am going to have to say your taste in design is a lot different from many, many people. Thanks though...
Arseniy
I'm using Opera 9.22 and it looks like this
Plus: I've checked out that first domain (ucgo.net) and found that it is for sale Smile
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for that information. It must just be a problem in Opera, since I don't see this problem in IE or FireFox.

I'll have Ryan take a look into fixing it, thanks.

Oh and the link, yes I noticed that as well, that clients website must have been a little different in the link, I will fix that when I have some time.

Thanks!
Ghost Rider103
Just made a couple updates, along with a small forum system has been added in, and you can find it by looking on the left hand side.

A couple grammar errors, and most of the sample text has been removed.

The design page still is not aligned correctly in FireFox, but Ryan is working on that.

Let me know what you think.
Ghost Rider103
Templates page, and logos page have been updated.

I would like some more feedback on it please Razz
Arseniy
There's no vectors on their page and you can delete one word Services from services page Smile
Ghost Rider103
Yeah, like I said right now only the logos page and templates page have content on them at the moment.

I am working on uploading the content for the vectors and abstract page now.
adri
What a layout Shocked

Very nice... Smile

I see you added my codings too xD But I do wanna say that this isn't the latest version (I just send the latest version to hammy that has no bugs so far...)

Grtz

Adri
Ghost Rider103
Added your codings? Sorry, but all the templates in my portfolio were coded by KNR.

But if your talking about the link to the jukebox, since that was Hammy's website, I made the design for that webstie.

Edit:
@ Adri: I just looked at the new version of the jukebox template that you just coded. Why did you save some of the images that needs to be transparent as .jpg? You also seemed to have lowered the quality by A LOT, what is up with that?
Helios
Cool stuff Ghost, as I told you on IRC already...

BUT I think you've opened it a little bit too early to the public Wink
Ghost Rider103
Thanks, Hellios.

I agree, I did open it to the public a little bit early. But before I got completely finished, I wanted to see what some more people thought and see what they thought needed changed and all.

Thank you very much for your reply, and I'm glad you like it Smile
Ghost Rider103
Well I have made a lot of changes around, mostly with the designs page.

Now if you click on templates, you will see our latest templates, if you click on one it pops open pretty cool.

Logos page is updated, with the cool pop out window. Abstracts page is also done, along with the cool pop out window.

I changed some of the images around on the home page. If you go to the services page, and click on more, you can click on more 3 times to view more information. The images for those pages have changed as well.

I also discovered a problem for people using FF3 on Windows XP. Windows XP seems to make the text a little bit bigger than what it is on Vista, so this caused the navigation bar to get rid of the "contact" link on the nav bar for people viewing the website in FF3 on Windows XP. I have took the size of the links on the nav bar down one px, which has fixed this problem, and didn't make much of a difference thankfully.

Let me know what you guys think.

The "Vectors" page does not work, so yes yes I know this already. Smile
Ghost Rider103
I'd like some feedback on this Smile
filesharing
your site looks professional, no problems with FF3 but just one thing:
the website is too big - about 0.5 MB

you could save some KB by covnerting the unimportant backgrounds to jpg or gif.
also you can slice http://www.knrdesigns.com/images/png/bg_effects.png - it's 165 KB now
or if you do not want to slice just color the things (for example half of the flower) white - so it uses less KB

If i had to wait 10 seconds to load and see your site correctly, I wouldn't want you to make my website design^^
there are a lot of people out there, with less bandwith then we have
nivinjoy
The site looks ok...!! Make it more stylish mann...!!!
Ghost Rider103
filesharing wrote:
your site looks professional, no problems with FF3 but just one thing:
the website is too big - about 0.5 MB

you could save some KB by covnerting the unimportant backgrounds to jpg or gif.
also you can slice http://www.knrdesigns.com/images/png/bg_effects.png - it's 165 KB now
or if you do not want to slice just color the things (for example half of the flower) white - so it uses less KB

If i had to wait 10 seconds to load and see your site correctly, I wouldn't want you to make my website design^^
there are a lot of people out there, with less bandwith then we have

Thanks, I will look into that.

Quote:

Is that a joke? Rolling Eyes
nivinjoy
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Quote:

No it is not a joke...!! I mean it..!! You are a web designing company and so you could have added some flash elements and made it more live and stylish...!!!And thus you could attract more and more clients

That's what i meant...!!! Don't mistake me dear...!!!
pashmina
Overall the design looks quite impressive. but i not a fan of you background, it looks annoying to me. apart from the background, overall it looks very good.,
Ghost Rider103
nivinjoy wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Quote:

No it is not a joke...!! I mean it..!! You are a web designing company and so you could have added some flash elements and made it more live and stylish...!!!And thus you could attract more and more clients

That's what i meant...!!! Don't mistake me dear...!!!

Um thank you for your opinion, but I disagree with you. Like many of the people that have replied to this thread, just about everyone loves the design.

Flash is often very annoying, kind of like the banner on your forums you have (Pink hearts....) it is very annoying, and often pushes visitors away. Honestly, how long can you look at something that is constantly moving. Flash often makes the website very busy, and not very clean in anyway unless done correctly. But even then static is as clean as it gets.

This is definitely one of the more stylish websites. It isn't a basic website design like a normal heade,r nav, right side bar, etc. This has much more style to it than that.

There is a little JavaScript in the portfolio, which makes the images pop out of the screen. That is as much flash type work that will be put into this design. If the client wants previews of any type of animation work I have done, well then they shall have it, and if they want me to do that for them then I will be more than happy to.

Please do not call me dear again.

Thank you for your comment Pashmina, I do agree with you about the background, I have been looking for a different pattern that suits this design better. Then again it'd not that much of a problem in my opinion, as the background is not where I want anyone to be focusing their attention on.
Ghost Rider103
Made a couple more updates.

I changed the image on the home page a little bit. I removed the red lines on the eye, and also changed the color because I didn't like how the red messed with the purple look of the eye. So I changed it to blue.

I also added another image in the "abstracts" page.

I changed up some of the content a little bit.

Were still working on the contact form, hopefully it will be up soon!
nivinjoy
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Please do not call me dear again.

Sorry to have hurt you...!!!
filesharing
@ nivinjoy - i know a lot of people who disable flash, or just do not have the flash player, or use script blocker,... if you base your design on flash, 20% of users would close the site before it's fully loaded...

HTML,CSS + a little JavaScript is the right decision
Ghost Rider103
I made a few small changes.

Mostly just text changes, and I added a few images to our gallery. About to upload some more website templates as well.

I need a way to get a lot more traffic, I have been falling behind on advertising, so if you have any suggestions let me know.
Ghost Rider103
Made some small updates again, and also updated my templates page.

imagefree
heavy design, but nice work.
Ghost Rider103
It's surprising how you say you think it is "heavy"

Here is a quote from someone on a freelance website, and I get many of these daily on my work:

"Hi!

I didn't actually see prices, but your site/business came across as so professional, I figured you had to be out of my league! It looks like the site of a medium to large company with at least 50-100 people on staff.

I'm doing this on a wing and a prayer AND a very short time-frame, all of a sudden, that honestly, I didn't want to waste your time because I assumed you started at $5K and went from there. You REALLY DO have a high-class site!

I am doing a logo contest...I'm about to post now to buy-sell-trade. Here's the link but if it's too little, please don't be insulted...I just don't want to exclude you on the same assumption it appears I made on the site.

SnusCENTRAL.org Logo Contest

Sincerely, Larry"

I laughed when I read it, since my website only consists of two people. Though in some cases we would start the price at what you guys might think is extremely high. Though if you look for web design from a large graphic design company, they easily jump to 50k.

But thanks for the comment, I guess everyone has their own opinion.
balend
The site design is really good, however, you need to add some rollovers. The contacts is a bit too messy for my taste. Overall, well done.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks, I've been thinking about adding some kind of roll over feature to the navigation bar, but I don't want to over do the effects too much on it. Plus it will lower the load time more.

I don't see how the contact page is messy, but thanks.
fox2000
the color theme is good. and well unique. keep up the good work.
Ghost Rider103
Thank you for your comment.
richard270384
I think the layout is great.

For me it was clean, easy to read and loaded really fast.

My only suggestion is some rollover effects. I think they will add class to the layout and make it more engaging... Nothing too complicated - simplicity always works the best with rollovers.

I agree that flash is not necessary, in fact, I am one of those people who does not have flash enabled. The only use I see for flash is for flash-based games. For most other web uses I think HTML+CSS+Javascript makes for a faster and more user/SEO friendly approach.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks.

If I had a little more time to play with my own website, I would make some rollover effects, but I don't even have the time anymore.

Thanks for the comments though!
Ghost Rider103
Just updated my logos, let me know what you guys think.
richard270384
I think there are some really nice logos there. How much do you charge for logo work?
Ghost Rider103
Thanks.

I didn't want to put a price out anywhere for the public to view, so I sent you a PM.
Ghost Rider103
I have made a few updates to try and make the site look a little better. I got rid of the background pattern because it was too sharp looking, and took too much attention away from the actual website, and made the website look way too busy.

I also updated our logo because the old version was just a 5min job to try and get the website out on the net, so I made a nice looking logo for it.

A lot of people were also complainig about the text being hard to read. Since when I used a white text color on the old version it looking weird, I used a brigher red for the background, and made the text white so it is now easier to read.

Making that red brighter also made the website look a lot more alive.

There are still a few more things we are going to do, so keep checking back for more updates.

Let me know what you guys think now.
richard270384
Love the new logo...

Yes .. the text is much easier to read now.

Maybe its just my eyes.... but everything seems more clean now.

Thumbs up from me.... but i'd still like to see some hover effects on the main menu...

Smile
Ghost Rider103
Thanks a lot.

Yes, getting rid of the paterned background and using a darker color really brought up the contrast on everything else, so everything probably does appear to me much more clear.

Don't worry, I am working on something for the navigation bar Very Happy

We are also going to be working on letting the visitors choosing which color theme they would like to use, so soon there will be a blue theme as well. You will be able to change the theme with just a click of a button.
milk
Nice colors :)
Ghost Rider103
Thank you.
jsfdan
You've got graphics...
Well, they look nice but don't you want flexibility?
Ghost Rider103
What do you mean?
jsfdan
What is someone has a low resolution?

Ah well, smart people have high resolution. Very Happy

Eh, either way - good job!
Ghost Rider103
It will work on a pretty low resolution still. It will look a little off because the background will be pretty small, but it will still work.

Thanks.
Ghost Rider103
There are two new templates in the Templates section, so check them out.
keane
Nice site design. I agree to what the other member said, you need some rollover effects for the links. That'll make it look more web 2.0ish and give more life to it.
Arseniy
KNRDesings becomes more and more stylish and professional. I cannot say anything more... except THAT'S GREAT, DUDE!!! Smile
Ghost Rider103
Thanks a lot, we are still trying to improve the website as much as we can.
Ghost Rider103
We added a new template in the templates section. It's not on the latest projects box, but it is in our portfolio.
Ghost Rider103
What do you guys think about ditching the forums section, and having like latest news in that box instead? Like the latest news titles could go in there, and then people could click them to read the full article.

Originally we were going to put the client log in system there, but I think we are going to do that log in a little differently since not everyone will be able to have an account.

JessieF
I think you should get rid of the forum if your main focus is to sell layouts. I suggest making some kind of feedback form/page. Wink

By the way, MemoriesFade is my website. lol I answered your e-mail, I am now advertising your site at mine. Wink
Ghost Rider103
I believe I have already said what is going on with the forums. If you bothered to click on the forum link, the forums have been taken down for sometime now, they were just a test.

We were going to replace that box on the left with a client log in system that we have now just about finished it. But not just anybody would be able to get an account, so I am not sure if we are going to put it there.

We don't really sell templates. If you look at our website, we don't really sell pre-made templates. We had one for sale because the client backed out on us because of budget problems, so we figured we should just sell it, which it is sold already.

We also aren't really looking for feedback on our work. This is not my own personal portfolio, this is a business, so feedback on my work and or website is not necessary on my company's website.

Thanks though.
tass_
It's a graphically fairly heavy website, and I'm not sure I'm too fond of the.. border? The one that is placed in the background, mid of the content box. Otherwise, fairly good stuff. Shows you put some work in it at the very least, also, the eye picture disturbs me, it.. aah.. it just doesn't go all that well with the rest of the layout, the colors differ too much, and the photography could be a lot better. : ) And some text is spilling outside the intended layout boxes, such as the email addy in the contact info box, and some of the web addys in the "Recent client's" box.

Other than that, good stuff, does the job as intended!
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for your comment.

I don't think I am too sure which border you are talking about. Unless you are talking about the bar that goes all the way across the screen in the background. Which gives the site some extra contrast in the background of the image

As for the eye picture, I think the photography is fine, but then again I am no experienced photographer, so I don't really have any right to say whether or not how good this photography is. I think I am going to keep this image there, because even though this doesn't even really have any red or my websites colors in it, this was actually intended. You can't place just a certain theme of colors throughout the entire website, otherwise it is pretty boring to look at. This image is what really brings the home page alive. Without some other strong color in the content, the content part of the website would be too bland to look at for an experienced designer.

What web browser were you viewing my website in? You are the first person to mention anything on the text going out of its content boxes. We had this problem when we first launched a while back, but we had gotten it fixed right away.

Thanks for your comments.
tass_
Was using Firefox. And the bar is exactly what I was talking about. While it might indeed add extra contrast, it's not very nice looking I think. Perhaps try adding more of that delicious pop art stuff you've got around the website? Would be much better looking. Since the website isn't fitting in one screen, so that you have to scroll, the bar isn't really centred properly, at least not when scrolling further down.

I think you shold go for a slightly smoother looking photography, would add more of the professional touch that you seek.

Good luck, and keep in touch!
Ghost Rider103
Thanks, but I'll have to pass on your suggestion as it is just personal preference of only one person that I have talked to so far.

But thank you very much for your input.

More comments appreciated.
Runescapetown
Looks very nice. Very different to other layouts, great colours.

Overall nice! i love it.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks a lot for your comment, I really appreciate it.

I changed the clients links on the bottom. I couldn't find any errors with them going out of the box, not even in old versions of major web browsers. So instead of displaying their whole link, I am just putting the name of their company.

If you guys have suggestions let me know.
soljarag
very nice design.. looks clean and easy to get around