FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oxycontin.. A miracle drug.

Srs2388
Here is the story... as you all knew i had been out of pain medication.. (well most of you knew)
I had went back to the dr. I'm back on oxycontin.
After taking hydrocodone for awhile, with minimum effects even at 20-30 MG of it, then getting back on the oxycontin.
I would have to say, this is a miracle drug.
It helps the pain WAY much more than anything has... well except for morphine.
It doesn't really get me too stoned.. I get a mild buzz but that's it.
the pain then with one little pill is controlled for 12 hours.
If you are in chronic pain and hydrocodone isn't helping... your dr. should prescribe this if you'll be on painkillers for a long time and the pain is everyday.
I love the fact i don't have to take a few to help. Just one.
then I'll have relief for 12 hours. I can make myself wait ti'll around 1PM to take it that way i will only use one in a 24 hour period if i can. It will help me save the medication and i wont build a tolerance as fast.

has anyone else ever had this for pain?
wumingsden
Srs2388 wrote:
Here is the story... as you all knew i had been out of pain medication.. (well most of you knew)
I had went back to the dr. I'm back on oxycontin.
After taking hydrocodone for awhile, with minimum effects even at 20-30 MG of it, then getting back on the oxycontin.
I would have to say, this is a miracle drug.
It helps the pain WAY much more than anything has... well except for morphine.
It doesn't really get me too stoned.. I get a mild buzz but that's it.
the pain then with one little pill is controlled for 12 hours.
If you are in chronic pain and hydrocodone isn't helping... your dr. should prescribe this if you'll be on painkillers for a long time and the pain is everyday.
I love the fact i don't have to take a few to help. Just one.
then I'll have relief for 12 hours. I can make myself wait ti'll around 1PM to take it that way i will only use one in a 24 hour period if i can. It will help me save the medication and i wont build a tolerance as fast.

has anyone else ever had this for pain?

I've had oxynorm a few times via PICC line, which is the same drug (oxycodone), the only difference is it provides continuous pain relief. I usually develop miosis though after only a few hours so i only have it when i really need it and when i don't want to rely on morphine.

For me it worked a lot better than other drugs, like co-codamol/codeine
Drawingguy
I've always wondered about what the most common painkiller is. Can there even BE a 'most common' one, or do doctors assign them separately, in relatively similar ratios, for different scenarios? And if there IS one, how is it chosen? Price? Efficiency? Or a combination of both?

I was just reminded about that when you mentioned that oxycontin worked quite well for you- on that note, that's great!