FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phbb skin

budazz
hmmm can i use the skin that ive downloaded from the site...where can i set up it...: ) Very Happy
NG
what do you meen??
budazz
what i mean is i downloaded one skin from phbb...then i wanna use it...ive already installed the phbb in cpanel...and i want to switch the skin to the one that i downloaded Very Happy
sprinqles
Have you installed your new phpbb skin to the templates folder of your phpbb? You have to install your downloaded skin in the templates folder, or something like that folder, I forgot how the folder's called. There's usually an instruction for that. But try to look for the instructions. Then once you've uploaded/installed, btw you when you want to use a skin, you actually upload the folder that contains the new skin/template to the template s folder then when you've uploaded everything, you have to log-in to your phpbb forum as an admin and go to the configuration setting or the link where the main settings are (i.e. where it asks for your name, etc. ) just look for that and then there's this part where it will ask you if you want to use a new skin or it might be called Board Style. Then just choose the name of the skin you just uploaded. Smile I hope that helps. I'm sorry if it that's not very clear. If you still won't be able to figure it out, just pm me and I'll try to help you as much as I can. Smile
budazz
hahaha thank you .... Laughing
gamo
sprinqles wrote:
Have you installed your new phpbb skin to the templates folder of your phpbb? You have to install your downloaded skin in the templates folder, or something like that folder, I forgot how the folder's called. There's usually an instruction for that. But try to look for the instructions. Then once you've uploaded/installed, btw you when you want to use a skin, you actually upload the folder that contains the new skin/template to the template s folder then when you've uploaded everything, you have to log-in to your phpbb forum as an admin and go to the configuration setting or the link where the main settings are (i.e. where it asks for your name, etc. ) just look for that and then there's this part where it will ask you if you want to use a new skin or it might be called Board Style. Then just choose the name of the skin you just uploaded. Smile I hope that helps. I'm sorry if it that's not very clear. If you still won't be able to figure it out, just pm me and I'll try to help you as much as I can. Smile

I'm creating a homepage which will consist of just a background and my logo (hyperlink) in the centre of the browser window.

Could someone please let me know how I can centre the image on the page both horizontally and vertically? It must handle various screen sizes, and preferably be cross-browser compliant.
budazz
gamo wrote:
sprinqles wrote:

I'm creating a homepage which will consist of just a background and my logo (hyperlink) in the centre of the browser window.

Could someone please let me know how I can centre the image on the page both horizontally and vertically? It must handle various screen sizes, and preferably be cross-browser compliant.

what are you using?...tables?... Laughing
dragonflame
Ok, this seems like a good thread to continue, as I can't seem to find others about phpbb customization.

Where'd you get your templates? What's the proper way to install them?

Does anyone know of a guide to change it easily? like add links to the top? or images? (I already know about changing the colors in the admin panel)

thanks for any help/suggestions!

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw http://www.phpbb.com/kb/ which answers all my questions. This AWESOME!

My last question is: I changed my style, but it doesnt reflect right away. How long before it does, or is there anything I can do to force it?

*oh i see, it's a cookie thing. never mind.

thanks
df
n0obie4life
I'm here.

Adding links to the top has to be done manually Smile
theo
i think that is "phpbb" instead of phbb Wink
budazz
theo wrote:
i think that is "phpbb" instead of phbb Wink

well if you post something for a typographical error...just dont post...but

thnks for the correction... Cool
rohitchopra
copy the there to the templates folder and use the admin panel --> styles admin --> add

Smile
TheGeek
does the new release/update of PHPBB work with skins i had downloaded for the older version? Cuz my skin sorta worked with the last version i had up, but unfortunatly when i updated the only page that works is the main one.

can someone help me out?

http://www.geekattack-online.net/forum

thanks
chirag
Thnx all my problem was and same and is solved now