FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Obama - the truth - epilogue





myleshi
CHANGE: From a self-described junkie to a "hope" and "change" candidate.

From his own book:
"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

"Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/02/AR2007010201359_pf.html


CHANGE: Truth and integrity, to good old-fashioned political speak:

2004: "I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years, and my entire focus is making sure that Im the best possible senator on behalf of the people of Illinois."

2006: Tim Russert: "So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?"
Obama: "I will not."
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/TonyBlankley/2008/02/20/st_obama_learns_the_washington_ways


CHANGE: The reality of his upbringing changed for his speeches.

Barack's grandfather's family was politically-connected with the ruling British government. His father lived on the family-owned farm as a child, before being sent abroad to attend Ivy League schools in the U.S.

The truth was far from the poor goat herder and domestic servant that Obama had claimed.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1189687/posts

Conclusion - change I can't believe. Confused
jwellsy
What? You can't believe the things the exhaulted one speaks from on high?
How dare you.
liljp617
omg no way! so at one point he did drugs and drank beer in the 70s?! extremely hard to believe!!! Word of future advice: Most people aren't opposed to pot nor beer, and most people who went to university (yes, even an Ivy League university) took part in both activities. It's not that abnormal. Once again, you've failed to make any point in your post.

Amazing sources btw
handfleisch
myleshi wrote:
CHANGE: From a self-described junkie to a "hope" and "change" candidate.


You discredit yourself in the first sentence. Obama clearly said he was on a path that could lead to being a junkie: "I had been headed...". That is very different from being, as you say, "a self described junkie".

Your links to the Freepers and Townhall (America's Sh1ttiest Website) pretty much tells us all we need to know about where you are coming from.
LumberJack
Notice how the thread poster has no contributions to any real issues.
myleshi
Quote:
Notice how the thread poster has no contributions to any real issues.


You are right, no real issues. Just the truth. Shocked
deanhills
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Notice how the thread poster has no contributions to any real issues.


You are right, no real issues. Just the truth. Shocked


Truth always evolves with time. Truth is not cast in stone. Possibly at the time when Obama was interviewed whether he would stand for President in 2008 he was sincere in speaking the truth that was valid at that time. He may even have thought that that would never be possible. Possibly after the interview reality within the party could have changed in that they had approached him to stand as a candidate. He had thought it through and accepted.

For someone who grew up "alone" I think he did quite well considering. Think all of us must have struggled at the stage when he did, and we all did it in different ways. He seemed to have been challenged and overcame his challenges his way not much different from most of us.
handfleisch
Tons of candidates deny they will run until they finally decide.

Picking at such a minuscule point proves that there isn't much out there for wingnuts and trolls to attack Obama with.
myleshi
Quote:
Truth always evolves with time. Truth is not cast in stone.

That's nonsense. The truth is what it is. It does not change nor evolve. You might not like it, but the above are statements of fact.
deanhills
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Truth always evolves with time. Truth is not cast in stone.

That's nonsense. The truth is what it is. It does not change nor evolve. You might not like it, but the above are statements of fact.


Quote:
2006: Tim Russert: "So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?"
Obama: "I will not."


The above was the truth in 2006. Obama did not wish to stand for president at the time when he was interviewed during 2006. He then changed his mind. The truth today is that he did stand for President.

Equally someone could have asked you two years ago whether you like to participate in Forums. You could then have answered very clearly that that is a waste of your good time as that is what you would have felt like then. It was the truth then. But two years later you find you actually like to participate in Forums, something changed for you. So now it is also the truth that you like to participate in Forums. It does not make what you said two years ago a lie.
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Truth always evolves with time. Truth is not cast in stone.

That's nonsense. The truth is what it is. It does not change nor evolve. You might not like it, but the above are statements of fact.

No, your posts are nonsense.
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Truth always evolves with time. Truth is not cast in stone.

That's nonsense. The truth is what it is. It does not change nor evolve. You might not like it, but the above are statements of fact.

No, your posts are nonsense.

I think you are arguing with a character from Dungeons and Dragons
myleshi
Gee, you ObamO'Nuts sure are a funny bunch, and that's the truth (maybe it'll evolve over time).
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Gee, you ObamO'Nuts sure are a funny bunch, and that's the truth (maybe it'll evolve over time).

Not voting for Obama and your posts are still nonsense.
RubySlasher
Who else are we going to vote for? The other guy is an old fart for a party whose free demo expired.
myleshi
Quote:
Not voting for Obama and your posts are still nonsense.

Jesus, look who's talking


Quote:
Who else are we going to vote for? The other guy is an old fart for a party whose free demo expired.

Vote for who you wish, just know he truth before you vote.
I suggest writing in liljp617 "Vote for Stu in 08"
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Not voting for Obama and your posts are still nonsense.

Jesus, look who's talking


Quote:
Who else are we going to vote for? The other guy is an old fart for a party whose free demo expired.

Vote for who you wish, just know he truth before you vote.
I suggest writing in liljp617 "Vote for Stu in 08"

Then perhaps enlighten us on the almighty McCain? There's plenty of truth (aka mindless propaganda) you can spread about him.
jmi256
liljp617 wrote:
Most people aren't opposed to pot nor beer, and most people who went to university (yes, even an Ivy League university) took part in both activities. It's not that abnormal.


I have to disagree with your statements above. Most people ARE opposed to pot and other drugs. I can see how you could say beer is more accepted, however.

And even in the 70s most people didn't partake in drugs, etc. That's just what you've seen in movies.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Most people aren't opposed to pot nor beer, and most people who went to university (yes, even an Ivy League university) took part in both activities. It's not that abnormal.


I have to disagree with your statements above. Most people ARE opposed to pot and other drugs. I can see how you could say beer is more accepted, however.

And even in the 70s most people didn't partake in drugs, etc. That's just what you've seen in movies.


Marijuana is quite a different story and hard to put in this discussion. People look down on it because of silly, untruthful propaganda. It wasn't even made illegal based on its effects, it was made illegal because cotton growers lobbied against it because it was too much competition. It then went downhill from there with false information constantly being spread.

Beer is no argument....definitely not in the US.
Related topics
The truth about oil...
Progressive Truth Generator
Question: Does Santa bring ALL the presents, or just the one
truth about Islam's violent teachings, .. depraved founder
Is there really something after this life?
The Whole Truth
Is there truth?
Obama - the truth part 1
Obama - the truth part 2
Go Sarah, Go
Cheney hits a new low, Wilkerson speaks more truth
Obama cancels "stop loss"
Obama stimulus: +millions of American jobs
Is america better off under obama
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.