FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


barack obama, friend or foe?





CourtneyRaeJones
I am a white man that grew up in the south. My Grandmother lived ten miles from the point where Bonnie and Clyde Barrow were killed. The day this happened her father and her were in the field picking cotton when they heard the gunfire, and her Father loaded the wagon and took the family to town to see what happened. On the way to town all the African American neighbors of theirs were asking what was going on, and if when they returned if they would give them an update. See at this day and time African American's would not dare venture into a small Louisiana town when there was a crowd and excitement. I am 40 years of age and I still remember seeing the old run down town where I played as a child with rusted signs that stated no colored people allowed. So much, but little has changed since this time. I grew up with both races and I am very proud to know that my best freind of all time was an African American. There is no place in our world for hate on this matter.

Obama's foreign policy adviser is Zbignew Breszinski, who hates Jews, and hates Israel, and also thinks we should allow Iran to have nukes, because we contained the Soviet Union for 20 plus years, and that worked, and therefore, we can contain Iran. That is how Zbignew thinks. This is the same man who was responsible for arming the mujahadeen in Afghanistan, in cahoots with the Saudi Arabians, and also Zbig was the same National Security Adviser during the Carter Administration and the 400 plus days of the Iranian hostage crisis. This is the man, that Barak Obama has for a foreign affairs adviser.

"Obama will stir the 'Melting Pot' into a better 'Molten America,'" states an endorsement from the New Black Panther Party, or NBPP, which is a registered team member and blogger on Obama's "MyObama" campaign website.
The NBPP is a controversial black extremist party whose leaders are notorious for their racist statements and for leading anti-white activism.

An ABC News review of dozens of Rev. Wright's (Obama's Pastor) sermons, offered for sale by the church, found repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

You know if I hang around the K.K.K. and Skin Heads, this does not make me one, but what are people to think?
liljp617
If you're going to quote something, at least give us the insanely biased source...
myleshi
Quote:
If you're going to quote something, at least give us the insanely biased source...


So, people are insane if they don't like Barry Obama?
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
If you're going to quote something, at least give us the insanely biased source...


So, people are insane if they don't like Barry Obama?

I guess if that's how you want to take it, sure. But that's obviously not what I meant in any way. "Insanely" was used in place of a word like "extremely" in that case...figured it was pretty easy to understand. And yes, what you quoted or based your writing off of was extremely biased.
PromiseMe
Yeah. About that.

I don't like Barrack Obama. I strongly dislike Barrack Obama. He's socialist, with a high probability of only caring about blacks, if not being an all out racist.

Before you say anything, you liberals, let me talk.

Barrack Obama attended a church that was led by a highly racist preacher for twenty years. We all know about this part. Why didn't he leave? Why didn't he find a more moderate church? We'll never know, thanks to all of the people defending him whenever someone brings this up. But wait, there's more...

His children were baptized by said racist preacher. Any smart father would get his kids the hell out of such a racist church, unless he saw nothing wrong with it.

The preacher even supports him, saying that "Barrack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people.***"

So, no... there's no reason to think that this guy was racist. There's nothing against him. He's a saint. So much better than a Republican that would keep us safe from terrorists, take care of everyone, and finish up the War.

((***The popular culture, by the way, is centered around BLACK GANG AND PRISON LIFE, not rich white people. Everybody wants to be a Gangsta' now days. Pants down to your knees and baggy tee-shirts, which are ideal for hiding a gun, drugs, or other dangerous and terrifying paraphernalia in, rap songs about getting laid, shooting people and stealing money... I quote and censor a tidbit of "Get Low" by "Lil'Jon & The East Side Boyz, for your reading enjoyment:

She getting crunk in the club I mean she workin
Then I like to see the female twerking taking the clothes off f--------- naked
ATL. (Rude word for Prostitute) don't disrespect it
Pa pop yo p------ like this cause yin yang twins in this b-----
Lil Jon and the East side boys wit me and we all like to see a--- and (Crude word for breasts)
Now bring yo a--- over here (Slang for prostitute) and let me see you get low if you want this Thug
Now take it to the floor (to the floor) and if yo a--- wanta act you can keep yo a--- where you at...

And this was played at my homecoming.))
Bikerman
Well, I let you talk. Now you listen to someone else talk.
Firstly - what the hell has socialism got to do with racism?

Secondly - many US Presidents have been associated with racist preachers. Have you heard of Jerry Falwell? Obviously any president would immediately dissociate himself from any such racist. Did Bush do so? er...

Thirdly - I am not aware of Obama making any racist comments. Are you? Guilt by association is an easy card to play but only when you ignore the people that others in power associate with. Many US preachers are racist - the difference with Wright is that he happens to be black. In comparison, McCain is clearly racist against Muslims, but I guess that doesn't count?
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/John_McCain_s_racist_remarks
liljp617
Bikerman wrote:
Well, I let you talk. Now you listen to someone else talk.
Firstly - what the hell has socialism got to do with racism?

You have to understand people here are terrified of the word socialism because they're ignorant and, for some reason, associate it with communism Smile They'll do anything to keep socialism out of the US.

Bikerman wrote:
Secondly - many US Presidents have been associated with racist preachers. Have you heard of Jerry Falwell? Obviously any president would immediately dissociate himself from any such racist. Did Bush do so? er...


Nor did McCain.

McCain calls Falwell and Pat Robertson "agents of intolerance" in 2000.

In the meantime, McCain has lunch multiple times with Falwell.

2006 rolls around....

Quote:
RUSSERT: Do you believe that Jerry Falwell is still an agent of intolerance?

MCCAIN: No, I don’t. I think that Jerry Falwell can explain to you his views on this program when you have him on.


http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/02/mccain-falwell/

Right. He can explain views such as:

Falwell quotes:

Quote:
"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers ... AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."


On 9/11 attacks:

Quote:
"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"


Quote:
God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.


We won't even get into it in depth. And we surely won't touch McCain's buddy John Hagee -.- But Obama is the only one with "racist" preachers. McCain is 100% innocent.

Bikerman wrote:
Thirdly - I am not aware of Obama making any racist comments. Are you? Guilt by association is an easy card to play but only when you ignore the people that others in power associate with. Many US preachers are racist - the difference with Wright is that he happens to be black. In comparison, McCain is clearly racist against Muslims, but I guess that doesn't count?
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/John_McCain_s_racist_remarks

Most African Americans don't think Obama is doing enough for them and we all saw the comments by Rev. Jesse Jackson. I really fail to see how you could say a man raised in Indonesia by parents of different ethnicity could be racist. Or a man raised by two white grandparents in Hawaii could be racist. Or a man who really hasn't said a whole lot on the African American population could be racist. People are grabbing at things that aren't there unfortunately.


(None of this is in disagreement with you, just sort of elaborating upon your points and throwing in my own opinions if you don't mind Very Happy)
PromiseMe
No one sees that 20 years of someone shoving anti-white racism down your throat might change you a bit? Besides, the quotes you posted on Jerry had no proof of racism. The worst it shows him as is insanely Christian, of the hellfire and brimstone variety. Fun to listen to, but no one really takes what they say to heart, except for other hellfire and brimstone variety of Christian. A ton of Christians are uncomfortable with homosexuals. I'd get used to it, especially if you happen to be Christian.

I'd say Wright is worse. His view of AIDS makes the US government the enemy (Instead of God, or the homosexuals... I can't tell which it is for Jerry). He says that it was all of the white guys in the government who used it as a weapon to exterminate black people. Sorry. As an American, I find it offensive that my government is being accused of genocide just because they're white male by majority.

McCain's going to have to deal with his Muslim problems if he's elected. I've never heard of them, by the way... they're hardly ever mentioned if at all. True. I'm more scared of Barrack because he might be racist against ME. That's bad. I don't want a president who hates me for the color of my skin. I'd rather a president who hates a minority (a minority that happens to have more terrorists than any other minority, thus causing him to up security aiming in their direction...), but is unable to attack them because of all of us people who like peaceful Muslims.

On socialism, no, I'm not afraid of it just because it's linked to Communism. I'm afraid of socialism because it's baby Communism, or rather Communism is extreme socialism.

Obama's not quite there, though. He just wants welfare and a few other socialist programs. What I don't get, though, is why a Democrat is pushing for tax cuts...
liljp617
.......

That's really all I can muster up in response to that absurd post.
ocalhoun
PromiseMe wrote:
What I don't get, though, is why a Democrat is pushing for tax cuts...

Pushing for tax cuts and promising to push for tax cuts are two different things.
What politician ever got elected by saying "I will raise taxes!"?
qname
some people will paint or associate obama to anything bad that will prevent him from been president. racist people are quick to label victims of racism of been the racist one.

when the preacher made those references about how America had treated and continue to treat African American base on history facts the said " is not god bless America but God damn America " I know the truth hurt??? but is this racist ? Please quote me his statements as fact where he said that he hate white people.
Poetsunited
I'm not an American but if I was, I would vote for Obama...


I watched this movie on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCrIeRkMhA

and I must say, he really sounded confident, the thing is though, can he back up what he claimed...

Can he really make taxes lower for those who need it..

He has a sense of humour ( or who ever wrote his speech did anyway :p )
Still, a black president will mean a big change for America, lets see how it turns out Smile

- kev -
liljp617
Poetsunited wrote:
I'm not an American but if I was, I would vote for Obama...


I watched this movie on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCrIeRkMhA

and I must say, he really sounded confident, the thing is though, can he back up what he claimed...

Can he really make taxes lower for those who need it..

He has a sense of humour ( or who ever wrote his speech did anyway :p )
Still, a black president will mean a big change for America, lets see how it turns out Smile

- kev -


Personally, I don't think those are some terrible reasons to vote for a candidate to run, arguably, the highest office in the world Smile
LumberJack
Americans will have to put a lot of faith in Obama. I am not sure what to think about him. He can read a tele-prompter very well, and he has an excellent speech writer. I guess I will have to wait to see how he handles the unexpected! I am still convinced that the candidates are sub-par and will not be able to accomplish anything. Best I think we can hope for is nothing gets worse.

My country is fairing no better. We also have a severe lack of options and leadership. They all should be thrown out of office, and working at McDonalds...
ocalhoun
^That is a problem of democracy, especially now with the media coverage.

Because of the preponderance of stupid people, the election becomes no more than a popularity contest.

A fun fact:
Quote:

in the 21 presidential elections from 1904 to 1984, the taller candidate won 80 percent of the time.
Poetsunited
lol, they originally started as one thing ( republicans and democrats... ) as the democratic republican party and then eventually they split...

the two words still mean more or less the same
just originated from a different language ( republican is Latin : res publica : meaning thing or affair from the people ) and democratic ( demo : of the people, kratos, to rule : rule by the people)


so yeah, they both want the same, i know that now the two parties have fundamental differences, just a funny fact :>
nilsmo
CourtneyRaeJones wrote:
Zbignew Breszinski, who hates Jews, and hates Israel, and also thinks we should allow Iran to have nukes, because we contained the Soviet Union for 20 plus years, and that worked, and therefore, we can contain Iran. That is how Zbignew thinks


I cannot find anything reputable that reliably supports these statements. Thus, it seems you are ultimately basing your vote on words that may or may not be true.

I think Americans should slow down, and try to reason based on logic:

What will, in general, the effects of Obama be?

What will, in general, the effects of McCain be?

To answer this question try to get an outline of the US:
a) What are the most fundamental categories of problems/issues is the US facing? (government corruption, global warming, bad economy, war, civil rights, etc. are some ideas)
b) What are the main, few differences between Obama and McCain relating to how they would respond to these issues? Base your differences on reputable sources and reliable background knowledge you may have on the two parties, and try to not focus on misleading specifics discussed on TV news, newspapers and such.
c) Evaluate these central differences based on the past (particularly the recent past) and general current events, not on what the candidates and their supporters fervently say.

Unfortunately, such slow sense may be impossible due to the interest, intellect or time constraints of many Americans. What is the answer to this problem? I don't know.
Poetsunited
nilsmo wrote:
CourtneyRaeJones wrote:
Zbignew Breszinski, who hates Jews, and hates Israel, and also thinks we should allow Iran to have nukes, because we contained the Soviet Union for 20 plus years, and that worked, and therefore, we can contain Iran. That is how Zbignew thinks


I cannot find anything reputable that reliably supports these statements. Thus, it seems you are ultimately basing your vote on words that may or may not be true.

I think Americans should slow down, and try to reason based on logic:

What will, in general, the effects of Obama be?

What will, in general, the effects of McCain be?

To answer this question try to get an outline of the US:
a) What are the most fundamental categories of problems/issues is the US facing? (government corruption, global warming, bad economy, war, civil rights, etc. are some ideas)
b) What are the main, few differences between Obama and McCain relating to how they would respond to these issues? Base your differences on reputable sources and reliable background knowledge you may have on the two parties, and try to not focus on misleading specifics discussed on TV news, newspapers and such.
c) Evaluate these central differences based on the past (particularly the recent past) and general current events, not on what the candidates and their supporters fervently say.

Unfortunately, such slow sense may be impossible due to the interest, intellect or time constraints of many Americans. What is the answer to this problem? I don't know.



Nice one, and I must say, I couldn't agree with you more.. the only thing that you didn't specifically mention is this : They can say ALL they want... but by talking about it, it won't do much difference...

I saw a video of obama on youtube, where he talks about Mccain, and says that Mccain agrees with bush on 90% of his thoughts, I don't know if America is anxious to get another 4 years with the same policy as they've had for the last 8 years...

In my opinion, saying something like this is
1 : sorta funny
2 : a bit manipulating his voters, because he's pretty much saying, those who vote for mccain are stupid or ignorant.

I as a European, would prefer Obama i think, because he sounds like he really doesn't want to meddle that much outside the USA. He wants to finish the war against terrorism, not by keeping the army in IRAQ but by going after the ones responsible... He also (says he) wants to improve the health care and social security, all good things for America...

I think that obama also has a good background, being raised in a poor family, with his mom really having to work hard, just to get them to college.

I think he's the perfect guy to represent the middle class
Firilacroco
I'm not American but from what I see on TV, I think he is the best president. (Actually he won't win because he's black Sad ). I really want to see the results!
liljp617
Firilacroco wrote:
I'm not American but from what I see on TV, I think he is the best president. (Actually he won't win because he's black Sad ). I really want to see the results!


He's not the President and he definitely won't be anything close to the "best President" assuming he wins.
jmi256
I'm voting for McCain because I believe he is best qualified to lead our country hands down. I agree with him on his views (and more importantly, his ACTIONS) on many issues, including rights of the unborn, less government intrusion, a strong military, immigration, and health care, just to name a few.

Barack may be a talented speaker, but if you actually look at his positions, he's extremely far left and many just don't make sense (socialized medicine, murdering children who survive abortion attempts, thinking that negotiating with those who are willing to blow themselves up just to take out a few of us will cause them to change their stance, raising taxes when the economy is fragile, etc).

Besides his radical views, he's just not qualified. Being a “community organizer” does not count, no matter what you say. I live in New York, and we’re surrounded by “community organizers.” Some are doing great work, and I applaud their efforts and drive, but the work they do doesn’t qualify them for the office of President of the United States.

The sad thing is that despite the fact that I'm voting for McCain based on the issues, when Barack loses it will be seen and chalked up to "racism" and not wanting to vote for someone who just happens to be black.
liljp617
Well that's not a generic FoxNews post Very Happy To each his own...
ocalhoun
liljp617 wrote:
Well that's not a generic FoxNews post Very Happy To each his own...

Ah, fox bashing...
Well, there should be a conservative biased news out there, to at least slightly balance out all of the liberal biased ones.
liljp617
ocalhoun wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Well that's not a generic FoxNews post Very Happy To each his own...

Ah, fox bashing...
Well, there should be a conservative biased news out there, to at least slightly balance out all of the liberal biased ones.


I just don't care for the idea of taking in something from any media outlet and allowing it to be your exact stance on everything. I couldn't help but notice just about everything he wrote is the same junk (and it is just that...just as MSNBC is laughable when it comes to "reporting") they spew out daily from FoxNews. Pure propaganda at its best, just to gain viewers Smile That's how the media world works now.

FoxNews definitely isn't the only main "news" network out there that's like this. In fact, they pretty much all are. I will say FoxNews takes it to another level though =) ...seriously, terrorist fist bump?? Come on...

Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEDRw0-gWc
jmi256
liljp617 wrote:
Well that's not a generic FoxNews post Very Happy To each his own...


So your answer when I talk about the specific issues is to gripe about the media?

Great job!!

liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Well that's not a generic FoxNews post Very Happy To each his own...


So your answer when I talk about the specific issues is to gripe about the media?

Great job!!



Not really. Was more along the lines of griping about people who take everything they're spoonfed and make it their complete stance.
ocalhoun
^The majority on both sides are such people, which is the source of most of democracy's problems.
liljp617
ocalhoun wrote:
^The majority on both sides are such people, which is the source of most of democracy's problems.


I stated FoxNews isn't the only station like that. I'm well aware it's like that in general...which is why I threw in MSNBC and the like. But again, I have to say FoxNews takes it to a whole different level, because they think they have to be scandalous to get attention.
Moonspider
liljp617 wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
^The majority on both sides are such people, which is the source of most of democracy's problems.


I stated FoxNews isn't the only station like that. I'm well aware it's like that in general...which is why I threw in MSNBC and the like. But again, I have to say FoxNews takes it to a whole different level, because they think they have to be scandalous to get attention.


Do you watch Fox News?
liljp617
Moonspider wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
^The majority on both sides are such people, which is the source of most of democracy's problems.


I stated FoxNews isn't the only station like that. I'm well aware it's like that in general...which is why I threw in MSNBC and the like. But again, I have to say FoxNews takes it to a whole different level, because they think they have to be scandalous to get attention.


Do you watch Fox News?


Do I watch it for news? No. Do I watch it constantly? No. Have I watched it enough to make judgment? I like to think so. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who isn't insanely right leaning that says FoxNews isn't absurd, just as you would with MSNBC (replacing right leaning with left).

When you have people like Sean Hannity, O'Reilly, and shows like Red Eye....I don't think much needs to be said.

What point are you trying to make? You don't think FoxNews overdoes it quite a bit?? When a major news station spends four straight weeks talking about how someone doesn't wear a flag lapel pin (and are thus unpatriotic), they really aren't going to get my respect.
Moonspider
liljp617 wrote:
Moonspider wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
^The majority on both sides are such people, which is the source of most of democracy's problems.


I stated FoxNews isn't the only station like that. I'm well aware it's like that in general...which is why I threw in MSNBC and the like. But again, I have to say FoxNews takes it to a whole different level, because they think they have to be scandalous to get attention.


Do you watch Fox News?


Do I watch it for news? No. Do I watch it constantly? No. Have I watched it enough to make judgment? I like to think so. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who isn't insanely right leaning that says FoxNews isn't absurd, just as you would with MSNBC (replacing right leaning with left).

When you have people like Sean Hannity, O'Reilly, and shows like Red Eye....I don't think much needs to be said.

What point are you trying to make? You don't think FoxNews overdoes it quite a bit?? When a major news station spends four straight weeks talking about how someone doesn't wear a flag lapel pin (and are thus unpatriotic), they really aren't going to get my respect.


I'm saying other than opinion shows, hosts of which you mentioned, (never mind the fact that Sean Hannity shares his Fox program with a liberal, Alan Colmes, both of whom have their own personal Fox radio shows) I think they deal with news more evenly.

Furthermore, I've seen O'Reilly jump down a person's throat for being an Obama hater just as quickly and vehemently as he would someone for being a McCain hater. And he did a great job I thought with his Obama interview. (In typical fashion, the left-wing email responders thought he dealt with Obama too harshly while the right-wingers thought he treated Obama with kid gloves. They obviously can't both be true. Therefore I think he probably conducted the interview about right.)

The difference between Fox and MSNBC (or even NBC, which I watch regularly as well) is that Fox tends to spin the news less. I think Fox reports news rather matter-of-factly.

Respectfully,
M
liljp617
Smile The beauty of disagreement. We'll leave it there and just say I see it exactly the opposite. "No spin zone"? Right. "Fair and Balanced"? My ass.
Moonspider
liljp617 wrote:
Smile The beauty of disagreement. We'll leave it there and just say I see it exactly the opposite. "No spin zone"? Right. "Fair and Balanced"? My ass.


We'll leave it at that. Smile But like I said, I saw O'Reilly this week jump down a conservative's throat because they wouldn't speak reasonably and simply lambasted Obama. O'Reilly called him (or maybe it was a her), an "Obama hater" and cut them off.

R,
M
jmi256
liljp617,
It just seems to me that when someone does bring up individual issues, those with the weaker stance tend to jump on media bias, etc. I didn't respond to your claim that I was "spoon fed" by anyone because the claim is just an avoidance of the issues. It's been done on both sides, but I seem to hear it from the Obama camp much more this election cycle.

If you have something to say about the points I made earlier, I'd love to hear it. If not, just keep griping on the media. Your call.
Related topics
US democrats Obama vs Clinton?
Is Barack Obama "The One"?
Should Hillary concede the nomination to Barack Obama?
FBI raids Obama friend's home
Barack Obama got Nobel peace prize..... share your views.
CHANGE: OBAMA'S HISTORIC HEALTH CARE REFORM WINS
President Barack Obama And Paul McCartney
Asesinan a Barack Obama... virtualmente.
Finally the President Barack Obama takes action in guns
Finalmente, o presidente Barack Obama toma medidas em relaça
Por último, el presidente Barack Obama toma medidas en las a
Barack Obama Visists Israel this week
Barack Obama Visita Israel nesta semana.
Barack Obama Visita Israel esta semana
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.