FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Open Office Calc Macros

malcolmpreen
Being a life long hater of micro$oft I'm in the process of switching over to use Open Office.

At present I'm porting a large Excel Spreadsheet to Open Office Calc - however as it contains some fairly complex macros its taking a little longer than I'd hoped.

Does anyone have any experience with Calc Macros - and ideally access to a helpful online manual.

Thanks, Malcolm

PS I've also got a problem... when I take my 55 sheet macro template created in Excel, and open it with Open Office Calc.... if I then try to delete a sheet this can take A LOT OF TIME... up to 5 minutes per sheet. This doesn't happen if a create a new sheet with lots of blank sheets.... so I suspect that it is something to do with the internal structures of an Excel sheet. Any ideas ?
IllusionSoftware
malcolmpreen wrote:
Being a life long hater of micro$oft I'm in the process of switching over to use Open Office.

At present I'm porting a large Excel Spreadsheet to Open Office Calc - however as it contains some fairly complex macros its taking a little longer than I'd hoped.

Does anyone have any experience with Calc Macros - and ideally access to a helpful online manual.

Thanks, Malcolm

PS I've also got a problem... when I take my 55 sheet macro template created in Excel, and open it with Open Office Calc.... if I then try to delete a sheet this can take A LOT OF TIME... up to 5 minutes per sheet. This doesn't happen if a create a new sheet with lots of blank sheets.... so I suspect that it is something to do with the internal structures of an Excel sheet. Any ideas ?

Not sure about the macros, but for the deleting problem try importing the excel sheet and saving it Open Office's Calc format. Maybe that will be faster.