FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Travel by Sea in the philippines

vinx_18
Just recently, another ship of Sulpicio Lines sank and capsized along the island of romblon. It is now the fifth or sixth passenger ship of Sulpicio that sank and have a thousands of deaths because of all its tragedy. The worst and the first in the Guiness book was the Dona Paz. So if I were you....
crdowner
Wow! How much time passed between the first and last sinkings? Are the waters near the Philippines that dangerous or is Sulpicio not maintaining their ships or using inexperienced captains and crews?
gcaughill
I have been to the Philippines five times and never once would I dare to go on one of the fast 'instant death' ferries. Those things kill more people than Marxist/Islamist rebels in that country.

Stay clear of them. Fly or take the long way around. Do not mess with basic safety!!!
pebbleworm
crdowner wrote:
Wow! How much time passed between the first and last sinkings? Are the waters near the Philippines that dangerous or is Sulpicio not maintaining their ships or using inexperienced captains and crews?

Both, the Philippines is a favorite route of typhoons and hurricanes, which make its seas double dangerous. Local shipping companies are also known to cut costs to increase profit margin, oftenb sacrifying safety measures.

The problem with air travel in the Philippines is that there are s no flights to a lot of island with wonderful beaches. Stack the odds in our favor by traveling during the typhoon-free months of February, March, April, and May.
myocean
i would think phil a land of thousands island would be a nice place to be in

but

again you need to travel from manila with plane to those islands, try to avoid sea travel, as mostly those are overloaded with cargo and ppl

well, so, enjoy your trip
guissmo
Yeah. Travel via sea only if you're just going to some mini-boat which can bring you to your destination at most an hour or two. Travel the rest by car from Manila or something.