FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Obama - the truth part 1





myleshi
CHANGE: From Mentor and Pastor to rejected outsider

Obama called Jeremiah Wright his "mentor" and "spiritual advisor" of 20 years. When it became politically necessary, Obama denounced and rejected Wright.

Wright's quotes from the pulpit:
“G*d d*mn America”
"USA started AIDS virus to kill black men..."
"US KKK of A"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120545277093135111.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries


CHANGE: New Reverend at his church, same old rhetoric

Rev. Michael Fleger continues the highly political and divisive sermons at Trinity Church. He entertains from the pulpit by mocking Hillary Clinton.

"I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show!”

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/30/obama.pfleger/index.html


Wonder how Obama will vote in office? Look at who has endorsed him:

Hamas
Farrakhan
Michael Moore
Hugo Chavez
Fidel Castro
Jane Fonda
Kim Jong Il

Now thats change I can believe in Shocked
jwellsy
Even Reverend Jackson called him a N-bomb and that he would like to cut his testicals off.
liljp617
Threads like this are pointless. If you're going to try to smear a candidate by mentioning the idiots who have endorsed him, then tell both sides of the story. McCain has just as many wackjob evangelists backing him that he has flip flopped on over the past 8 years and has only rejected their endorsements when the media gets on him.

McCain/Hagee:
Quote:
Hagee had endorsed Senator John McCain in the 2008 presidential election. McCain initially said, "I’m very proud to have Pastor Hagee’s support", but after a furor over Hagee's alleged anti-Catholicism, McCain stated "I repudiate any comments that are made, including Pastor Hagee's, if they are anti-Catholic or offensive to Catholics.”



Have some quotes from McCain's awesome supporters that you seem to overlook on purpose.


"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status."

"We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism ... we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today ... our battle is with Satan himself."

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

"Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America."

“If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being”

“[homosexuals are] brute beasts...part of a vile and satanic system [that] will be utterly annihilated, and there will be a celebration in heaven.”

"those who live by the Qur'an have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews... it teaches that very clearly."

"It was the disobedience and rebellion of the Jews, God's chosen people, to their covenantal responsibility to serve only the one true God, Jehovah, that gave rise to the opposition and persecution that they experienced beginning in Canaan and continuing to this very day... Their own rebellion had birthed the seed of antisemitism that would arise and bring destruction to them for centuries to come.... it rises from the judgment of God upon his rebellious chosen people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee
http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/foulwell.htm
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jerry_falwell.html



Should I continue? You see, this works both ways and for both sides this is nothing more than blatant propaganda that serves absolutely no purpose outside of construing votes and confusing people. If you must constantly bring it up, at least tell both sides of the story please.
gcaughill
liljp617 wrote:
McCain has just as many wackjob evangelists


The correct term is evangelical. Evangelist is something very different.
jmi256
While I don't like Obama's politics and think that sitting in the pews of that church for 20 years hearing that crap definitely affected his views, you can't judge a person by those who say they endorse him.

On the other hand, staying in the church with "Rev" Wright for so long does show extremely bad judgment.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
While I don't like Obama's politics and think that sitting in the pews of that church for 20 years hearing that crap definitely affected his views, you can't judge a person by those who say they endorse him.

On the other hand, staying in the church with "Rev" Wright for so long does show extremely bad judgment.


You really can't believe every Sunday was like that can you? Come on...you're judging 20 years from a well-known community pastor on out of context, 30 second sound bytes.
jmi256
I don't think every Sunday was like that, but I also don't think it was the only time he made those comments. Pastors tend to say the same thing over and over in subtly different ways to get a point across. And he definitely had a point he was trying to get across.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
I don't think every Sunday was like that, but I also don't think it was the only time he made those comments. Pastors tend to say the same thing over and over in subtly different ways to get a point across. And he definitely had a point he was trying to get across.


And if he was performing a witchdoctor ritual on Obama, would that be worse? If Obama had eaten lunch with Jerry Falwell (after calling him an agent of intolerance if I remember correctly), would that be worse? If Obama had hired one of Jerry Falwell's major staffers to work on his campaign, would that be worse?


It's obvious Wright had a point. You don't have to hate the US or be a cynic to recognize we've done relatively nothing positive for the past 30 years. He said some ridiculous crap, but his point is as valid as any....he made the same points Martin Luther King Jr. made on numerous occasions.

The overall point is this: If we're going to judge the people by who they are said to be associated with, neither of these candidates should get a single vote.
jmi256
liljp617 wrote:
It's obvious Wright had a point. You don't have to hate the US or be a cynic to recognize we've done relatively nothing positive for the past 30 years. He said some ridiculous crap, but his point is as valid as any....he made the same points Martin Luther King Jr. made on numerous occasions.


The US hasn't done anything relatively positive in the past 30 years? How do you get to that ridiculous conclusion? What about all the foreign aid we've provided to Sudan, Ethiopia, countries affected by the Indian Ocean Tsunami, etc.? Or what about the hundreds of thousands of immigrants we accept every year from poor and devastated countries? Or what about the military aid we've provided to Haiti, Bosnia, etc.? And what about all the technological, social and health advancements the US has made?

BTW... I don't think MLK screamed up and down that the "US of K.K.K." created AIDS to make blacks suffer or any of the other BS this horrible person ranted and raved about while Obama sat in the pews. To say the views of MLK and Wright are in sync is an insult.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
The US hasn't done anything relatively positive in the past 30 years? How do you get to that ridiculous conclusion? What about all the foreign aid we've provided to Sudan, Ethiopia, countries affected by the Indian Ocean Tsunami, etc.? Or what about the hundreds of thousands of immigrants we accept every year from poor and devastated countries? Or what about the military aid we've provided to Haiti, Bosnia, etc.? And what about all the technological, social and health advancements the US has made?


Fairly obvious exaggeration. However, one cannot deny the negatives we've carried out all over the world in our short history vastly outweigh the positives. For instance, the 233 years we preached on and on about the glory of democracy, while we practiced the antithesis of democracy at home.

Either way, if you grew up in the era Wright did as a black person, your views could very well be completely different. A person's views of the world/country they live in are based on personal experiences.

jmi256 wrote:
BTW... I don't think MLK screamed up and down that the "US of K.K.K." created AIDS to make blacks suffer or any of the other BS this horrible person ranted and raved about while Obama sat in the pews. To say the views of MLK and Wright are in sync is an insult.


I said nothing about their overall views being in sync, but it's pretty common knowledge MLK castigated the US/government actions many times in a demeanor similar to Wright (minus the yelling...but surely, the yelling isn't the problem, it's what he said). Like I said, Wright said some ridiculous junk, but his point remains the same....exaggerated to say the least, but still a valid point. Eventually we have to look in the mirror.

On a side note, I'm interested to find out if you've read/heard a full sermon from Wright. Or even heard the full sermon we're discussing.


=/ I see you ignored the rest of the post...
TomGrey
liljp617 says:
Quote:
Threads like this are pointless. If you're going to try to smear a candidate by mentioning the idiots who have endorsed him, then tell both sides of the story.


Of course, if they're so pointless, he's being stupid to spend so much time contradicting everybody who criticizes Obama.

Also, he seems to take any criticism of Obama as a "smear" -- which used to mean somebody telling an untrue accusation about somebody else. Today it seems to mean somebody telling a true thing that is negative against the currently popular Democratic politician.

The first post:
Quote:
CHANGE: From Mentor and Pastor to rejected outsider


Obama is a great orator -- like his great speech when he said he could no more disown Rev. Wright than his own grandmother (the comfortable white one who brought him up because his Kenyan, Muslim father abandoned him).

BUT, then Rev. Wright had a big National Press Conference where he repeated the same ideas he's been saying for 20 years. Let's also remember Oprah Winfrey was also going to that church, but long ago (maybe after 9/11?) left it. If she was smart enough to leave earlier, why wasn't he?

So please, tell me who McCain considers his spiritual mentor, or the one who married him and his mistress (before he left his first wife)(not necessarily the same as a mentor) -- it's not Hagee. So comparing Obama's close association with Wright (perhaps chosen by Obama as part of his own identity crisis) to any religious leader with McCain is a dishonest comparison.

But I don't think such threads are totally pointless, they can give undecided folk a chance to explore possibilities they haven't thought of.

Like, perhaps Obama never believed Rev. Wright, and was just going to the popular Trinity Church in order to improve his 'street cred' in Chicago politics -- and now that he's famous enough, he doesn't need Wright or Wright's support any more. What DOES Obama believe? Well, he seems willing to say whatever the audience wants to hear, so it's clear one can't answer that question based on his speeches. He has such a small track record of doing anything in office, other than running for a higher office, it's also not clear from his votes.

Except for abortion. He's a radical, late-term abortion supporter, to the point of denying medical care to a baby born, alive, after a botched abortion. The policy is to deny such babies any medical care, so they die more quickly. A law to require caring for these babies was passed -- but Obama voted against it.

On gay marriage, he says he's also against it. But most gays know he's not being honest -- he'll appoint judges who rule that gays have a Constitutional right for gay marriage.

I also do believe him when he says he will raise taxes -- although I don't believe at all when he says 95% of Americans will get a tax cut. I think he believes in more, and bigger gov't -- and the history of the world says bigger gov't is always, in the long term, worse gov't.
LimpFish
liljp617 wrote:

"those who live by the Qur'an have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews... it teaches that very clearly."


I agree that McCain probably just as Obama has several crazy persons supporting him. But I dont see how this statement would be "wacko", since it is entirely true.
Bikerman
LimpFish wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

"those who live by the Qur'an have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews... it teaches that very clearly."


I agree that McCain probably just as Obama has several crazy persons supporting him. But I dont see how this statement would be "wacko", since it is entirely true.

LOL...I could equally well say that those who live by the bible have a scriptural mandate to kill all non Jews. Check your Old Testament....
liljp617
LimpFish wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

"those who live by the Qur'an have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews... it teaches that very clearly."


I agree that McCain probably just as Obama has several crazy persons supporting him. But I dont see how this statement would be "wacko", since it is entirely true.


It's pretty "wacko" when you make a statement like that as if your own holy book (the Bible) doesn't say the exact same thing...
liljp617
TomGrey wrote:
liljp617 says:
Quote:
Threads like this are pointless. If you're going to try to smear a candidate by mentioning the idiots who have endorsed him, then tell both sides of the story.


Of course, if they're so pointless, he's being stupid to spend so much time contradicting everybody who criticizes Obama.

Also, he seems to take any criticism of Obama as a "smear" -- which used to mean somebody telling an untrue accusation about somebody else. Today it seems to mean somebody telling a true thing that is negative against the currently popular Democratic politician.


Not really. It means "informing" people of something with a purely negative tone as if the person you're "uncovering" is the worst human being to walk this planet. It also means "informing" people of one candidate's nutcases and completely ignoring the nutcases backing the candidate you support.
LimpFish
Bikerman wrote:
LimpFish wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

"those who live by the Qur'an have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews... it teaches that very clearly."


I agree that McCain probably just as Obama has several crazy persons supporting him. But I dont see how this statement would be "wacko", since it is entirely true.

LOL...I could equally well say that those who live by the bible have a scriptural mandate to kill all non Jews. Check your Old Testament....


Well, you could say that those who lived by the word of God, which wasnt the Bible then yet, had a mandate to kill some people that were not Jews 2000+ years ago, yes. And to be honest that puzzles me aswell. But in no way can you read the Bible as a whole, including the New Testament, and getting from it a mandate to today kill non jews, or non christians for that matter.

The qur'an, not sure how it's spelt in english, on the other hand, is a totally different story. I have been in many muslim countries myself. And i know for a fact that many islamic teachers agree with me that the qur'an indeed gives mandate to, for an instance, treat non-muslims as cattle, that can be sold, owned and done to whatever the owners please. Including killing. I know a lot of muslims today, actually the vast majority of them, are peaceful and would in no way even consider doing this, but if you look in the qur'an you have the mandate to do so.

With all respect
Bikerman
There are as many passages in the bible which talk about killing the 'infidel/unbeliever' as there are in the Quran.
Quote:
And i know for a fact that many islamic teachers agree with me that the qur'an indeed gives mandate to, for an instance, treat non-muslims as cattle, that can be sold, owned and done to whatever the owners please. Including killing.
Well you have been talking to some very extreme people then. I could probably dig out some pretty radical 'Christian' preachers who say similarly stupid and evil things, but I don't want to sully this board with such filth.
If you check your history books you will find that slavery is not just an Islamic tradition - it's a Christian tradition as well. In fact Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims have condemned slavery since the 19th century. The only Islamic sect that still condones it, to my knowledge, are the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia (a big friend of the West, of course).

Sure, the Quran mentions slavery many time. So does the Bible - I suggest you read Leviticus, Exodus, etc. Now you could say that this does not occur in the New Testament - but you would be dead wrong. Try Ephesians
Quote:
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.
or try Timothy
Quote:
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful.
I could spend all day giving you quotes from the bible that condone slavery, murder, rape, pillage and all sorts of brutality. The fact is that both the Quran and the Bible contain many references to all sorts of acts which we find unspeakable today.

The fact that most Christians today do not treat the injunctions in the bible literally, and therefore do not stone adulterers or murder non-believers is more to do with cultural and historical developments since the time it was written, and very little to do with the actual content of the scriptures themselves.
LimpFish
Bikerman wrote:
There are as many passages in the bible which talk about killing the 'infidel/unbeliever' as there are in the Quran.
Quote:
And i know for a fact that many islamic teachers agree with me that the qur'an indeed gives mandate to, for an instance, treat non-muslims as cattle, that can be sold, owned and done to whatever the owners please. Including killing.
Well you have been talking to some very extreme people then. I could probably dig out some pretty radical 'Christian' preachers who say similarly stupid and evil things, but I don't want to sully this board with such filth.
If you check your history books you will find that slavery is not just an Islamic tradition - it's a Christian tradition as well. In fact Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims have condemned slavery since the 19th century. The only Islamic sect that still condones it, to my knowledge, are the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia (a big friend of the West, of course).

Yes of course slavery has been going on in the christian world aswell. And yes the new testament contains references to slavery, but it never condones it. It does not condemn it either, you might say, but I would say it does. Read Jesus' teachings on how a master is not greater than his servant for an instance (John 13:12-16). I wasnt tryin to say that muslims use slaves more than christians, just that their holy scriptures gives mandate to treat christians, jews and non-muslims like slaves. The new testament says no such thing.
Bikerman wrote:

Sure, the Quran mentions slavery many time. So does the Bible - I suggest you read Leviticus, Exodus, etc. Now you could say that this does not occur in the New Testament - but you would be dead wrong. Try Ephesians
Quote:
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.
or try Timothy
Quote:
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful.
I could spend all day giving you quotes from the bible that condone slavery, murder, rape, pillage and all sorts of brutality. The fact is that both the Quran and the Bible contain many references to all sorts of acts which we find unspeakable today.

The fact that most Christians today do not treat the injunctions in the bible literally, and therefore do not stone adulterers or murder non-believers is more to do with cultural and historical developments since the time it was written, and very little to do with the actual content of the scriptures themselves.



Yes these passages refer to slavery, like I admitted before. But these passages is teaching for what to do if you're a christian who happen to be a slave. They do not promote slavery, but slavery was existing in those days, and why would the disciples and Jesus ignore it?

The reasons Christians do not treat the old testament literally, is probably partially because of cultural development like you say, but also very much to do with the scriptures. I am not sure how familiary you are with the Bible, but when Jesus came, that was the end of the old covenant that was between the jews and God. As had been prophesied throughout the old testament, the Messiah would come, and bring salvation to ALL people, not just the jews. And everyone would have access to God, not only the high priest, once a year, as was the case during the old testament. That is what most people do not understand, all the killing, slavery, and "evil" stuff in the old testament, was from God, but only for that time. And frankly like I said, it puzzles me. But it is in no way for today. This is what Jesus said:
Quote:
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Quote:
You have heard that is was said, 'Eye for eye, and toot for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Doesnt sound like raping, pillaging, and killing is condoned by Jesus.
Bikerman
LimpFish wrote:
Yes these passages refer to slavery, like I admitted before. But these passages is teaching for what to do if you're a christian who happen to be a slave. They do not promote slavery, but slavery was existing in those days, and why would the disciples and Jesus ignore it?
You really don't get it do you?
I have offered to provide quotes by the score showing the bible actually condoning brutality, barbarity, murder, pillage etc. I can do so, do you doubt it?
Don't question my familiarity with the bible - I am pretty certain that I know it at least as well as anyone on these forums. The notion that Jesus was the 'new covenant' and ended the effective teachings of the old testament is often put around and it is completely and utterly wrong.
Jesus frequently preaches that the teachings of the Old Testament should be honoured to the letter.
John 10:35 wrote:
The Scripture cannot be broken
Matthew 5:18 wrote:
Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished
And so on....there are many other such quotes I could cite.

Since, however, it is you that are making contentions, it is about time that you supported your contentions. I want to see your evidence from the Quran for your assertions. Show me the passages that you say are evil and I'll respond.
Bikerman
I intend to split the previous several postings off into a new topic in the religioun&philosophy forum, since it has gone seriously off-topic (which is as much my fault as anyone else). I'll do this later today..
jmi256
Bikerman wrote:

John 10:35 wrote:
The Scripture cannot be broken
Matthew 5:18 wrote:
Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished


I agree this thread has gotten off topic, but just one more point about Christianity (or at least about my understanding of it).

Jesus didn't come to add more law or abolish the laws of the OT, but rather to fulfill them all. In other words all the old laws about what to eat or not to eat, who would get stoned, put to death, etc. were passed on because all those things like killing, idolatry, etc. are evil/unclean in God's eye. And breaking those laws meant death. Because God is infinitely just, laws can't be broken without paying the debt. But because He's also infinitely loving He paid the debt for us by coming down and letting Himself suffer and die as we should. Salvation ultimately happens by Grace because there hasn't been one human (except for Jesus) who has been able to follow all the laws.

So Christians don't believe that you shouldn't do X only because it's against the law of the Bible, but rather hold a set of beliefs that are a bit more complicated. Some laws are given as guides to live a happy and fruitful life. For example, if you want to suffer in life, go a head and kill, steal, commit adultery, etc. Your life will get real messed up, real quick.

Other laws that Christians try to follow have to do with this concept that Jesus paid for our sins already, and to keep on sinning just adds to His suffering. And also out of "respect" for His sacrifice we have to at least try not to sin. Here's an example: Imagine you go to a really nice restaurant that you can't afford and run up a huge tab. When it's time to settle up, the waiter calls the cops and has you arrested for stealing. Now imagine the cops get there and the owner steps in. You have stolen something (the restaurant does take a financial hit) and broken the law, but instead of letting the cops take you off the owner stands in your place and gets carted off. Would you then turn around and order another course?
Bikerman
Well, as you say, this has gone seriously off-track.
There are several problems with your analysis above, but I'll leave my response to the appropriate thread in the religion/philosophy forum.
[MOD HAT ON ; please continue this thread on the original topic - the discussion of Christianity and Islam can continue in the appropriate forum]
jmi256
I'll try to get this back on track. Here are some comments to the comments above:

Quote:

Also, he seems to take any criticism of Obama as a "smear" -- which used to mean somebody telling an untrue accusation about somebody else. Today it seems to mean somebody telling a true thing that is negative against the currently popular Democratic politician.


I agree. The term "smear" means an untruth/lie in my mind, not neccessarily pointing out and crictising a candidate's stance on an issue or his actions, experience, etc.


Quote:

Obama is a great orator -- like his great speech when he said he could no more disown Rev. Wright than his own grandmother (the comfortable white one who brought him up because his Kenyan, Muslim father abandoned him).

BUT, then Rev. Wright had a big National Press Conference where he repeated the same ideas he's been saying for 20 years. Let's also remember Oprah Winfrey was also going to that church, but long ago (maybe after 9/11?) left it. If she was smart enough to leave earlier, why wasn't he?


Good question. I haven't heard a good answer to that yet.



Quote:
So please, tell me who McCain considers his spiritual mentor, or the one who married him and his mistress (before he left his first wife)(not necessarily the same as a mentor) -- it's not Hagee. So comparing Obama's close association with Wright (perhaps chosen by Obama as part of his own identity crisis) to any religious leader with McCain is a dishonest comparison.


I don't think the issue is that Obama is endorsed by these wackos (Ayers, Wright, etc.), but rather that he chose to associate with them on a more personal level for so long while it was convenient. In fact, I have less of an issue with the fact that Obama has been endorsed by Louis Farrakhan, Ahmedijan, Ahmed Yousef (leader of Hamas), etc. because as far as I know Obama hasn't had any dealings with them. But the fact that Obama had such close relationships with extremists/criminals like Ayers, Wright, Resko, etc. shows Obama's true colors in my mind.


Quote:
But I don't think such threads are totally pointless, they can give undecided folk a chance to explore possibilities they haven't thought of.

Like, perhaps Obama never believed Rev. Wright, and was just going to the popular Trinity Church in order to improve his 'street cred' in Chicago politics -- and now that he's famous enough, he doesn't need Wright or Wright's support any more. What DOES Obama believe? Well, he seems willing to say whatever the audience wants to hear, so it's clear one can't answer that question based on his speeches. He has such a small track record of doing anything in office, other than running for a higher office, it's also not clear from his votes.


I guess that's the point Conservatives have been trying to make for the entire campaign. We just want to bring to light who this person is and his stances on the issues. His stances may be unlike mine or yours or any someone elses. On the other hand they may be more widely accepted. But at least he should be honest on what they are and discuss his qualifications. I've spoken to quite a few Obama supporters here in NYC who have no clue what he really stands for. They just fall into the hype.


Quote:
Except for abortion. He's a radical, late-term abortion supporter, to the point of denying medical care to a baby born, alive, after a botched abortion. The policy is to deny such babies any medical care, so they die more quickly. A law to require caring for these babies was passed -- but Obama voted against it.


Just sickening.


Quote:
On gay marriage, he says he's also against it. But most gays know he's not being honest -- he'll appoint judges who rule that gays have a Constitutional right for gay marriage.


Here the honesty/character/integrity issue comes into play again. I know a few people who are gay who aren't aware that Obama states that he's actually against gay marriage. They assume he's for it. Regardless of what your stance is, I think we should agree it should be clear what he stands for.


Quote:
I also do believe him when he says he will raise taxes -- although I don't believe at all when he says 95% of Americans will get a tax cut. I think he believes in more, and bigger gov't -- and the history of the world says bigger gov't is always, in the long term, worse gov't.


I don't beleive him either. From the get go he's been flip flopping on this issue and has been using fuzzy math. Like the fact that he plans on raising taxes on businesses from the current 35% to 62%.
LimpFish
well, whatever the truth might be, now he's gonna be president. unless something extreme happens
jmi256
LimpFish wrote:
well, whatever the truth might be, now he's gonna be president. unless something extreme happens


If only winning was not more important than the truth.

I congratulate Obama on his win and pray he governs well, but I am still concerned for the US with him at the helm.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
LimpFish wrote:
well, whatever the truth might be, now he's gonna be president. unless something extreme happens


If only winning was not more important than the truth.

I congratulate Obama on his win and pray he governs well, but I am still concerned for the US with him at the helm.


Pretty ironic.
myleshi
Quote:
Pretty ironic.


Why?

"If only winning was not more important than the truth.

I congratulate Obama on his win and pray he governs well, but I am still concerned for the US with him at the helm."

Sums it up very elegantly I think.
hakkiesco
Hello folks..
I think we should give the man a chance to prove himself.. nothing is ever done overnight..
Thanks
myleshi
Quote:
I think we should give the man a chance to prove himself.. nothing is ever done overnight..


Nope, sorry. I expect rapid change from the old style of politics to the new wave - just like Barry's campaign promises. Barry is not not going to get an inch from me - just like no quarter was given to Bush.

I fully expect the Republicans to gain the congress in 2010, when folks see just how well inexperience works in reality.
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Pretty ironic.


Why?

"If only winning was not more important than the truth."


That.



Is the ironic part. Very little of what this administration has put out is truthful or more than a half-truth.
devaco
Thank you ,,,,for a good information...............
lyndonray
I can't believe that guys on the right are still obsesses with what we don't know about Obama!!! Oh well I suppose we can expect more from that for the next 8 (yes EIGHT) years!! People really need to focus on the things that unite us not divide us! But I am just glad that John McCain didn't win. I am sure Cindy is too. She was dreading the whole first lady thingy!!!
handfleisch
lyndonray wrote:
I can't believe that guys on the right are still obsesses with what we don't know about Obama!!! Oh well I suppose we can expect more from that for the next 8 (yes EIGHT) years!! People really need to focus on the things that unite us not divide us!

Seconded.


U.S. President-elect Barack Obama greets a man at a food bank as his daughter Malia (L) looks on in Chicago, November 26, 2008.
REUTERS/John Gress (UNITED STATES)
lyndonray
The picture above pretty much says it all: Barack (HUSSEIN!!) Obama gives... food(weapons)... to.... Chicago residents (fellow terrorists)... in the presence of his (extremist) daughter, who is wearing a purple (for JIHAD) jacket (with a truckload of explosives in it!!!)

you gotta love it!! People are so obsessed with skeletons, cloaks and daggers that sometimes all common sense is lost. i just hope people move on and focus on the real issues.
OpposableThumbs
gcaughill wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
McCain has just as many wackjob evangelists


The correct term is evangelical. Evangelist is something very different.


You say tomato; I say tomato. Evangels have helped ruin the US.
Related topics
Obama - the truth part 2
Palin Article
What did Bush lie about?
Urban Legends About the Iraq War
Science - Anybody Interested
Is faith necessary?
George W. Bush and a Delusion of Biblical Proportions
Political elementary school kids...
Obama - the truth - epilogue
Things only a Republican could believe
Brain Or MIND?
truth about Islam's violent teachings, .. depraved founder
The Truth About Easter
Psychics, the Afterlife and Religious truth?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.