FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Will Obama become the next assasinated President of America





truespeed
Although the title suggests otherwise this is a serious question,with gun culture in America as it is,and with America's tendency to assassinate their Presidents,will Obama being a black man,annoy enough people in America for one of them to actually take a gun to him?

(Assuming he becomes President)
Chris24
Don't think he will even get elected. And if he does you have a valid question. A very possible event..
liljp617
I wouldn't call it a tendency to assassinate.


It's a possibility as it is with any President and I guess you could argue it's more likely with the first African-American President (along with people being completely ignorant of his background and retarded with the Muslim stereotypes right now). Personally, I don't think he'll be assassinated. The only way I see it happening, to be honest, is an inside job. The level of security is much, much higher than it used to be.

It is an interesting thing to think about though. His assassination could take us back many years or decades.
Moonspider
I personally think this an inappropriate topic. Why would anyone wish to discuss such a thing?

Sure, there are plenty of people out there who wish to kill any president. It's happened in the past. It will happen again.

liljp617 wrote:

It is an interesting thing to think about though. His assassination could take us back many years or decades.


Why would it set us back?

Respectfully,
M
LostOverThere
I sure hope not, I think it would paint a very grim picture of America for the world if he did though. Sad
liljp617
Moonspider wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

It is an interesting thing to think about though. His assassination could take us back many years or decades.


Why would it set us back?

Respectfully,
M

I said "could." Very big difference.

There's a likelihood that IF he was assassinated, it would be done by a white supremacy group/individual. I'm not saying we would be back in the 1960s, but I think there is still plenty of racial tension in this country (between all races) and something this drastic done in the name of white supremacy could have pretty bad effects. Most people would think about it for a bit then let it gradually die, but I have to say there are plenty of people who wouldn't let it die quickly.

Of course it's all hypothetical and fairly unlikely to happen. Nothing more than a random thought.
dmystic
i think its very possible that obama will be shot if he becomes president.

But i still dont understand it, in the Netherlands where i live there also are many white and black people, but here there isnt as much a racism, so why it is in the US?
liljp617
dmystic wrote:
i think its very possible that obama will be shot if he becomes president.

But i still dont understand it, in the Netherlands where i live there also are many white and black people, but here there isnt as much a racism, so why it is in the US?

If we're speaking about white and black, I would have to say some of it still has to do with a lot of the country being built upon the backs of African slaves 'owned' by whites. And it's only been a little over 100 years since slavery officially ended (even shorter if you consider what went on after the official ending of slavery)...not that long if you really think about it. Not to mention there are quite a number of culture clashes here, there are large gaps between classes, there are white supremacy groups from Civil War times that still think they have a valid message, and so on. I would also have to argue that many whites here are in some way or another prejudice to minorities, whether directly or indirectly. Just about every white person who wasn't surrounded by minorities since birth has some paranoia when they're in a situation where they're not the majority (it could also be that way for minorities surrounded by the majority, but I think it's less likely).

Quite a number of reasons...most of which have to do directly with our history and the fact that it's only been like 25-30 years where blacks have truly had a chance to succeed at the level of a white person (and it's probably not really there yet still), so it's understandable that we would have these problems and the Netherlands wouldn't.
ocalhoun
truespeed wrote:
Although the title suggests otherwise this is a serious question,with gun culture in America as it is,and with America's tendency to assassinate their Presidents,will Obama being a black man,annoy enough people in America for one of them to actually take a gun to him?

(Assuming he becomes President)

Look how unpopular Bush is, and he's still alive. Not even any serious attempts.

And no, this isn't the 60's... While there is always the possibility of the individual crazy assassin, racism is dying.

The only thing that might make me worried is that in the USA, some of the best-armed extremists are also some of the most racist ones. Some of those groups could have the secret service out-gunned if they really tried.
jwellsy
Hillary would love to be one bullet away from the presidency.
Right now she is one bullet away from being the nominee.
If she can figure out how to do him in like they did Vince Foster,
she would do it in a heartbeat with no remorse.
LumberJack
Oy, that is the last thing the US needs, a presidential assassination. If that happens, you just lost your 2nd amendment (if it happens to be an American who does it) and most likely invaded another 3 countries (if it is someone from a foreign country).
truespeed
Every American president since Kennedy has had an attempt on their lives.

See link

And it was only just over 20 years ago that Reagan was shot and nearly killed. Yes they haven't got that close to any of the presidents since,but it shows that there is always someone who wants to kill the president.

Obama will be a target for white supremacist types,who won't like the idea of a black man running their country,and it only takes one very determined one,to do to Obama what was very nearly done to Reagan 20 odd years ago.
swizzy
hey i think he is gonna win with a big margin as bush has already tarnished the image of the republican party and the campaigning of Mc cain is not as popular and as aggressive as obama's... as far as the assassination is concerned i feel that there will be some time for it to take place if at all it takes place.....
takashiro
I'm sorry to ask, but what does Abama exactly mean?
truespeed
An estimated 100 thousand people turned out in Berlin to hear an Obama Speech,this man is a president in all but name,i doubt many if any would of turned up for John McCain.

I don't know if the people of America want him as president,but it seems in Berlin and seemingly every where else,he would be the popular choice.
moof
Martin Luther was assassinated and he was not even a president. This time, its a president. I am pretty sure there WILL be attempts.
leosthenerd
I'm sure Barack Obama would do his best not to get asassinated...plus Obama beat out Hillary Clinton so America must like him... Very Happy
Bikerman
moof wrote:
Martin Luther was assassinated and he was not even a president.
Martin Luther was the father of the Protestant Reformation movement.
He died (from the effects of a stroke) in 1546. I think you probably mean Martin Luther KING
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Although the title suggests otherwise this is a serious question,with gun culture in America as it is,and with America's tendency to assassinate their Presidents,will Obama being a black man,annoy enough people in America for one of them to actually take a gun to him?

(Assuming he becomes President)


Very good point. It may be a blessing if he is not elected. I have to agree with others in this thread that most likely he will not be elected. I also think his international travels may have overexposed him too. Too much Obama can easily turn into anti-Obama.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
Although the title suggests otherwise this is a serious question,with gun culture in America as it is,and with America's tendency to assassinate their Presidents,will Obama being a black man,annoy enough people in America for one of them to actually take a gun to him?

(Assuming he becomes President)


Very good point. It may be a blessing if he is not elected. I have to agree with others in this thread that most likely he will not be elected. I also think his international travels may have overexposed him too. Too much Obama can easily turn into anti-Obama.


He has been all over everyones TV's for months with the democratic candidacy,and far from overexposure this seems only to have fueled more interest in him,especially on the world stage.

I think he will be elected President of the USA,in the UK they are already comparing him to JFK.

Apparently in America, McCain and the republicans are complaining about an unfair media bias over there,so it seems there is a big push by the media to get him into office.
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:
moof wrote:
Martin Luther was assassinated and he was not even a president.
Martin Luther was the father of the Protestant Reformation movement.
He died (from the effects of a stroke) in 1546. I think you probably mean Martin Luther KING

*giggles*
Perhaps you are also mistaken...
Or did you mean Martin Luther King JR?
Bikerman
ocalhoun wrote:
Bikerman wrote:
moof wrote:
Martin Luther was assassinated and he was not even a president.
Martin Luther was the father of the Protestant Reformation movement.
He died (from the effects of a stroke) in 1546. I think you probably mean Martin Luther KING

*giggles*
Perhaps you are also mistaken...
Or did you mean Martin Luther King JR?

Not sure - I've never been quite clear about this one. He was originally called Michael King, like his father. His father changed both his own and Jr's name later to honour the protestant preacher. I'm not clear whether his new name included the Jr or whether that was just an appellation added to distinguish him from his father...
Soulfire
Says a lot about our ignorant nation, doesn't it?
jwellsy
The Nation of Islam may get mad enough at Barrack Hussein for denouncing their long term friendship to declare a fatwa on him.
wmmullaney
I have nothing against blacks, but many whites do. There is a high chance Obama will be assassinated. I don't hope so for his sake but I don't believe he will make it.

Obama has ruined himself.

He would not wear the American flag pin

He would not place his hand on his heart during the Anthem

Barrack Hussein Obama, 3 Muslim names

His wife says she was never proud of her country until Barrack had a glimpse of winning.


[/u]
snowboardalliance
Have you seen people with shirts like "The South will rise again"? Yeah the psychos are still out there. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to assassinate bush and I doubt an assassination would be successful.
iyepes
I'm not american, but, it could be the worst thing that could happen to USA or any country. It really could ruin up economy, added to sorrow and lost expectations of people who had elected him.
ocalhoun
snowboardalliance wrote:
Have you seen people with shirts like "The South will rise again"? Yeah the psychos are still out there.

Don't take that as proof of racism though. Despite what the history books say, slavery was really just a side issue of the war, used mainly to provoke it into starting more rapidly.
liljp617
ocalhoun wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
Have you seen people with shirts like "The South will rise again"? Yeah the psychos are still out there.

Don't take that as proof of racism though. Despite what the history books say, slavery was really just a side issue of the war, used mainly to provoke it into starting more rapidly.

To the educated people. And people educated on history are a minority.
liljp617
wmmullaney wrote:
He would not wear the American flag pin

Obama:

"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

You're really telling me people are voting based on a lapel pin? Really? If so, I've lost even more hope for this country.

wmmullaney wrote:
He would not place his hand on his heart during the Anthem

-.- Do you know how many people don't put their hand over their heart during the National Anthem? It's not the Pledge of Allegiance. The majority of people simply stand there during the National Anthem without their hand over their heart. It's not that big of a deal.

And it had nothing to do with the Pledge as many would like to believe. That rumor was started by means of chain, spam email. A picture of Obama without his hand over his heart during the Anthem (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT) and then the email went on to say he wouldn't put his hand on his heart during the Pledge (obviously negative, false propaganda).

wmmullaney wrote:
Barrack Hussein Obama, 3 Muslim names

1) Please look up the translations.
2) They're Arab AND Kenyan names.
3) They are quite common in those regions of the world.

If people are too ignorant to realize that (or research it), not much can be done.


wmmullaney wrote:
His wife says she was never proud of her country until Barrack had a glimpse of winning.


Michelle Obama wrote:
For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback.


If I say, for example, “For the first time in my life I am proud of my son because he finally pitched a no-hitter,” that does not mean I am not proud of him for other things he has done.

So, if you say, “I am proud because of “A,” that does NOT exclude being proud also because of “B,” “C,” or “D.”

If I say I ate an apple for the first time today, that does not mean I have never eaten any fruit at all!

Michelle’s “because…” that follows her statement only cites and explains a particular instance of pride. To infer more is a stretch.

Anybody can watch FoxNews' 15 second sound bites taken out of context and call somebody anti-American. I can find 100 things McCain has said that do the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I have higher values than spreading blatant propaganda.
pebbleworm
Nostradamus has supposedly written that a major black political figure in the US will be killed in an assassination attempt after Sept 11. Some say it is not Obama but a relative that will be killed.

However, Nostradamus or not, there is a 60% probability in my opinion that somebody will attempt to take the senator's life.
Bikerman
pebbleworm wrote:
Nostradamus has supposedly written that a major black political figure in the US will be killed in an assassination attempt after Sept 11. Some say it is not Obama but a relative that will be killed.
Perhaps you can enlighten us - which quatrain is this one?
Quote:
However, Nostradamus or not, there is a 60% probability in my opinion that somebody will attempt to take the senator's life.
Really? 60% eh? Are you sure? Not 55% or 63%?
liljp617
pebbleworm wrote:
Nostradamus has supposedly written that a major black political figure in the US will be killed in an assassination attempt after Sept 11. Some say it is not Obama but a relative that will be killed.

However, Nostradamus or not, there is a 60% probability in my opinion that somebody will attempt to take the senator's life.

I watched a special on Nostradamus on the History Channel....and if all his speculations were as stretched as they were on the special, I can't really believe a thing he wrote. They took things by him and stretched them so far beyond reality I nearly spit out the drink I was enjoying. Maybe that was just a bad special, but I have a feeling just about everything he predicted could be interpreted 45 different ways to fit many scenarios.
myleshi
Nostradamus is a hoot, never predicts anything but postdicts them. That is after something happens, then it's "read" in the quatrains and BAMM!

I don't need Nostradamus to tell me folks are getting a bit over exposed and tired of the Obama coverage, and its a small step to some kook wih a gun...
leosthenerd
liljp617 wrote:
wmmullaney wrote:
He would not wear the American flag pin

Obama:

"The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

You're really telling me people are voting based on a lapel pin? Really? If so, I've lost even more hope for this country.

wmmullaney wrote:
He would not place his hand on his heart during the Anthem

-.- Do you know how many people don't put their hand over their heart during the National Anthem? It's not the Pledge of Allegiance. The majority of people simply stand there during the National Anthem without their hand over their heart. It's not that big of a deal.

And it had nothing to do with the Pledge as many would like to believe. That rumor was started by means of chain, spam email. A picture of Obama without his hand over his heart during the Anthem (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT) and then the email went on to say he wouldn't put his hand on his heart during the Pledge (obviously negative, false propaganda).

wmmullaney wrote:
Barrack Hussein Obama, 3 Muslim names

1) Please look up the translations.
2) They're Arab AND Kenyan names.
3) They are quite common in those regions of the world.

If people are too ignorant to realize that (or research it), not much can be done.


wmmullaney wrote:
His wife says she was never proud of her country until Barrack had a glimpse of winning.


Michelle Obama wrote:
For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback.


If I say, for example, “For the first time in my life I am proud of my son because he finally pitched a no-hitter,” that does not mean I am not proud of him for other things he has done.

So, if you say, “I am proud because of “A,” that does NOT exclude being proud also because of “B,” “C,” or “D.”

If I say I ate an apple for the first time today, that does not mean I have never eaten any fruit at all!

Michelle’s “because…” that follows her statement only cites and explains a particular instance of pride. To infer more is a stretch.

Anybody can watch FoxNews' 15 second sound bites taken out of context and call somebody anti-American. I can find 100 things McCain has said that do the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I have higher values than spreading blatant propaganda.


Amen, man.
LumberJack
To quote a really overused saying: "Speak of the Devil"

They are coming out of the woodwork? Or is this just overkill?

--------------------------------
Man detained for alleged death threat against Obama

A man who allegedly threatened to assassinate U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama was denied bail Thursday following his arrest in Miami over the weekend.

A Secret Service affidavit alleges Raymond Hunter Geisel uttered the remarks during a training class for bail bondsmen in July. One of his classmates claimed the 22-year-old described Obama using a racial slur, then said, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

http://www.cbc.ca/world/usvotes/story/2008/08/07/obama-threat.html?ref=rss
thejam
I just read an article on a national news site (http://nu.nl) Which is claiming US is getting tired of Obama, because of the huge media coverage of every step he takes..
is that true? do some of you feel that way too?
ocalhoun
thejam wrote:
I just read an article on a national news site (http://nu.nl) Which is claiming US is getting tired of Obama, because of the huge media coverage of every step he takes..
is that true? do some of you feel that way too?


Well election fatigue would be understandable enough, given how early the media started covering it, and how often they mention it. But because of them overwhelmingly giving more coverage to Obama, election fatigue has become Obama fatigue. People are just tired of hearing about it. That won't necessarily change the vote though.
ThePolemistis
wmmullaney wrote:

He would not wear the American flag pin


That's untrue. I have seen him wear a US Flag pin with an Israeli flag pin at an AIPAC meeting.
myleshi
Quote:
That's untrue. I have seen him wear a US Flag pin with an Israeli flag pin at an AIPAC meeting.


That's just a recent thing, since his handlers instructed him to wear the pin so not to offend us bitter folks clutching our guns.

He'll take it off after the election.
Donutey
Of course, with President Bush, if he had been assassinated, Cheney would take over... arguably creating a worse problem than you had to begin with.
lagoon
This is quite a macabre thread...

I won't post for fear of being arrested. Laughing
liljp617
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
That's untrue. I have seen him wear a US Flag pin with an Israeli flag pin at an AIPAC meeting.


That's just a recent thing, since his handlers instructed him to wear the pin so not to offend us bitter folks clutching our guns.

He'll take it off after the election.


It really doesn't matter. He shouldn't have to wear a stupid piece of plastic to show his "patriotism." If that's one's definition of patriotism, they should probably focus on evolving their brain.
Related topics
Simpsons better known than First Ammendment
AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!
Hilary Clinton to be next President of U.S.
New Taiwan President
Congratulations President Obama
500 Million jobs will be lost each month
Knowledge and Belief
goodwill alone gets one only so far in the real world.
CIA chief: Cheney practically hoping for terrorism on US
Dear US Citizen: You're Probably a Criminal
Was Clinton really "ballistic"?
UK Independent: Obama's great week
Top 10 British Insults
Is america better off under obama
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.