FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website moving through stages...

Socioed
My website is finally moving through the necessary steps towards becoming a full-fledged website. I am struggling with all the terminology and all the plugins and themes, but I feel like I am slowly getting the hang of it all.
ocalhoun
Every website starts off slow, just make sure it is worthwhile (would you go there if it wasn't yours?), then advertise, advertise, advertise.
Jaan
advertise using google adsense Razz easy money...

or get hosting and buy a bunch of domain names and steal content and get rich with adsense xDxDxD
ocalhoun
Jaan wrote:
advertise using google adsense Razz easy money...

Easy money? Only if you have a busy site. My site has about 90 members, and has been up for about 2 years now, and my adsense account is up to around $80 now.
Socioed
what's the url to ur site?
andy26
you may want to create a index.html file in socioed.frihost.net and then have an auto redirect code or a link going to your blog. because if someone goes onto your site from google and ends up here http://socioed.frihost.net there going to see a index of screen and they may be discouraged from your site or mistake it as an 404 error
Magicman
Websites almost always go through progressively better phases. Building a good website takes time. I would definitely agree with andy26's suggestion.
Socioed
Could you provide me with an auto-redirecting code please andy? Thank you.
andy26
Code:
<?php
//Redirect Browser
header("Location: http://socioed.frihost.net/blog");
?>

post only this code and nothing else into notepad and then save it as index.php then upload it to your public_html directory on you hosting account.