FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

transfering emulator save information?

weableandbob
Our family's going to be formatting our drive soon because windows is suffering from major bit rot, and I wanted to save all the information, which includes the actual game save files and also the save states. Using Project64 and ZSNES, I think that i only need to copy the actual roms and the folders that say "saves" or whatever, but do i have to do anything else?

I DO NOT want any replies saying things like "omfg, emulators are illegal", as they are perfectly legal.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
I DO NOT want any replies saying things like "omfg, emulators are illegal", as they are perfectly legal.

May I ask where you get this information from? Has Nintendo released a slip of paper giving any of us permission to play these games? I'd surely like to see the proof that you have.
weableandbob
It's legal to get any game for free as long as the company isn't making any more money off it (such as snes and n64 games, which are no longer produced). However, since there are games being re-released for the virtual console, etc., some ROMs are being protected by the ESA now, as Nintendo is making money off the games again. I don't play any games that are still being produced and aren't protected, so it's perfectly legal
aningbo
why dont you try copying the games in a pendrive or a cd and try playing it in some friends computers? if that works, surely, u wont have a any problem in ur system after format. some games might have store the cookies in - documents and settings\username\...

good luck.
weableandbob
okay i'll try that