FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Setting up POP3 with Server 2003.

Diablosblizz
Hey guys, I've used my old computer for a server because I don't want my site to be public to everybody, only the people that need to use it. I've had a lot of ideas for this site, and if you've read the post in PHP I asked for a calendar. Now, I need the calendar to send mail outward. I know this can be done with PHP, but I need a mail server to do this.

I own a domain, so I was wondering if I need to use the domain to set up Mail for the server. So basically what I am looking for is a tutorial on how to use the Mail server. I've googled and googled and googled and nothing.

Thanks.
IllusionSoftware
Diablosblizz wrote:
Hey guys, I've used my old computer for a server because I don't want my site to be public to everybody, only the people that need to use it. I've had a lot of ideas for this site, and if you've read the post in PHP I asked for a calendar. Now, I need the calendar to send mail outward. I know this can be done with PHP, but I need a mail server to do this.

I own a domain, so I was wondering if I need to use the domain to set up Mail for the server. So basically what I am looking for is a tutorial on how to use the Mail server. I've googled and googled and googled and nothing.

Thanks.

Just googled "Setting up a mail server in 2003" and the first link, http://www.ilopia.com/Articles/WindowsServer2003/EmailServer.aspx, shows you how. No extra software needed.