FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redesign for my site, what do you think?

How did I do?
Very good improvement!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
At least it isn't as bad as it was before...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Meh... You didn't waste a lot of time on so little improvement, did you?
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Should have stayed with the old one.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BOTH of them suck!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm too lazy to look at them, but want to vote anyway.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

ocalhoun
The text on the homepage will still be changed a little, and that is dealt with in another thread, but what do you think about the rest of my site?

How's the design? The colors? The text and content (other than index page)? Any problems, especially with loading the banner?

This is what I came out with after deciding to redo my site using php, so that it could be edited much more easily. I was also trying for a more simple and professional look, and though I didn't make quite so much of that as I wanted, it is far better than before, when I wrote it just after learning HTML.

Oh, and only the main site is redesigned, feedback on the forums and story archive is welcome, but that's not what I'm after really.

Link: http://www.EquineDream.org
The old version (for comparison): http://www.EquineDream.org/old_index.html

Most of you may not be interested in the mission of my site (though hopefully more now than before, thanks to the widened focus), but if you are interested, feel free to investigate more deeply.
Diablosblizz
I'm not a big fan of all green, but that's just my opinion. Although, you should really look into trying to fix the size of the webpage. I am, currently, using a monitor that only supports up to 1024x786, which I can barely see anything so I run it at 800x600. It's a very old monitor, but it does me well. Just a warning that there may be users out there that use it, and I hate to scroll side to side. Razz

Good luck with your new site.
pashmina
If i have to be honest, you are being cruel to my eyes. The colors are really strong, so try to make color combination a bit viewable.
Try some good application like kuler to look for some amazing color combination.