FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need your help! - audio stuff

ciureanuc
Yo!!!

For the people involved in audio mixing & stuff (on PC)... I need your help.
It's possible for me to have a show on an internet radio...
I intend that my one hour show to have some interviews, people to have the opportunity to "call" and talk.
I have 2 PCs, Skype, Messenger.

Now, there is a way to "mix" this Skype calls with some audio and air it?
How do I do that using ONE PC? Do I really need TWO?

I don't know anything in the internet radio business, but I had a small show on a local radio... I know that my fellows used Mixer, special studio, etc... what is the equivalent for PC web radios?

Thanks!!
Diablosblizz
Well, as you probably already know, you could use SHOUTCast for your server. Although I'm no expert either, you could perhaps get a user to do an interview via Voice Chatt over MSN and see if you can just stream it to your server. Or, you could do prerecorded sessions then play them on-air. That can be done with Windows Sound Recorder, all you have to do is set it to just pick up the incomming voice. Could also use Sound Recorder to have a user talk into their mic, then get them to send you the file then you edit it and stream it on-air.

The need for two computers probably isn't needed, unless you wish to host the server on a different computer than yours, let's just say a "dedicated server." If not, you don't need the secondary computer.

There is a endless amount of possibilities. Good luck.
MeddlingMonk
I'm not really an expert with Internet Radio, but if you're planning to pre-record interviews, etc, then may I suggest Audacity. It's a useful free audio editing program that I use for my various projects and it can record from any of the available inputs (Line In, Microphone, etc.) or from whatever is going through the output of your soundcard. So if you're planning to record interviews that are being conducted through Skype, then Audacity should be able to do it.
ciureanuc
"I'm not really an expert with Internet Radio, but if you're planning to pre-record interviews,..."

Hi,
Me again.
Thanks for reply.
I intend to have a "live show"... "Gina, you are on-air." Hi Cristian...." Something like this.
Two computers... I was thinking about Two audio cards, mixed for "on-air".
I really don't know about internet radios... now I was thinking to buy a small mixer (old, classic, a piece of hardware) and to "out" it in the server...
I will figure out...

Thanks!!!
aningbo
well, i hope u get it fixed and get it working buddy.

good luck.
fay_ela
Ican't help you