FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Max upload limit

Firilacroco
The hosting is very advanced (that's sure) and I'm glad that I found this site and I have this opportunity to use it. My question is: is there any method to make the max upload limit greater that 2MB?

I saw something strange: I tried to upload a 4MB file, and it's on my website. How's this possible?

Again: Thanks Frihost - Thanks for the advanced free webhosting ever!
rvec
if that's possible the upload limit is bigger. I think it's on the phpinfo page.

edit: seems like it is 2mb. No idea how you got a 4mb file.
takashiro
I checked my php information by my php webpage and it showed 5MB limited, not 2MB limited.
So it's sure that you can upload a 4MB-sized file.
Bondings
The settings/limits depend on the server you are on. For bigger files, you should use ftp.
rvec
and on ftp there is no upload limit. I tried files up to 200mb.
joomlaturk
I was installing joomla thru cpanel's file manager and I was trying to upload 8 mb zip file
but it did not worked out.
does cpanel has a upload limit too? or I did something wrong?

finally I'd uploaded the zip file with ftp and extracted thru cpanel to install joomla

thanks for a great free hosting www.frihost.com
because of you I have a great looking joomla site http://www.steward.frihost.net

my joomla template is from rockettheme.com. I have a 1 year membership with them.
this company has a quickstart ready to use joomla file that once you install it comes with all the content and pictures. I also have a membership with www.joomlart.com template club and they hava great joomla templates too.

joomla rocks! I am a joomla freak and proud of it!
rvec
lol

but yes CPanel also has the same upload limit