FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA IV

Firilacroco
I read some official reviews and some articles from IT magazines, but I want to hear a opinion from somebody who played the game.

Is this game the best GTA series game? Does it have the best gameplay and the best story-line? Please, some opinions!!

I'm waiting for the PC version (and I still have to wait 1-2 years Very Happy)

I'm sure that there are another 100 topics, but I really hate to search for it with Google Confused
gullip
I own it to Ps3. And I think it is the best GTA ever =)
The graphic is very nice and realistic. Just buy a ps3 and go for it Smile
Firilacroco
I'm "working" on it Smile I still have to save some money...
Wuppie
If you have a pretty good PC you should wait for the PC version. That's what I'm doing. At first I wanted to buy a Xbox360 for GTA4 and other games but I realized I like gaming on my PC better. The controls work better for me. And I wouldn't buy a console for 1 game if I were you.
Kelcey
I had it. I beat it. Multiplayer was hella fun when you could get into good games. However, the single player was a SNOOZE fest. Boring... dialogue was bland and just full of cursing (I love cursing too). I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. I'm not saying it's not good. I'm saying it was the most overrated game I've ever played.
MrSpecial
After seeing my roommate play this game on his 360, I absolutely had to purchase it for myself. I have to say that I love this game. In my opinion, this game is the best of the GTA series, right above Vice City. The visuals are amazing and I love the new driving controls (though most people seem to dislike it). As for the storyline, there isn't a whole lot to talk about in that department.
Bengt
I want to play and test it somewhere, pretty siked about it!
Spartan
I don't think it deserves a 10, it was very overrated as Kelcey already said. It was a good game, though, and in my opinion, the best in the series so far!
BuLLetss
My friend has that game and it is sweet.
Firilacroco
Spartan wrote:
I don't think it deserves a 10, it was very overrated as Kelcey already said. It was a good game, though, and in my opinion, the best in the series so far!

An IT magazine from my country gave it a 9.3:

Grafics: 8
Sound: 10
Gameplay: 9
Multiplayer: 9
Storyline: 10
Impression: 10
wahoyaho
All the sims expansions and pokemons got high ratings too but they are all boring to me :p Not sure if I should try.
prithvi
Of the GTA series, I have only been playing GTA San Andreas on my PC.

Looking forward to the PC version of GTA 4, whenever it releases.

btw, is there a PSP version of GTA 4. I do have a PSP slim, but don't play much on it.
Wuppie
prithvi wrote:
Of the GTA series, I have only been playing GTA San Andreas on my PC.

Looking forward to the PC version of GTA 4, whenever it releases.

btw, is there a PSP version of GTA 4. I do have a PSP slim, but don't play much on it.

Nope, no GTA4 for the PSP. But you can try GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for the PSP, those are really good.
jdpd
Firilacroco wrote:
I read some official reviews and some articles from IT magazines, but I want to hear a opinion from somebody who played the game.

Is this game the best GTA series game? Does it have the best gameplay and the best story-line? Please, some opinions!!

I'm waiting for the PC version (and I still have to wait 1-2 years Very Happy)

I'm sure that there are another 100 topics, but I really hate to search for it with Google Confused

I think its definately the best PS3 game available however, clocking both GTA3 San Andreas and GTA4, i rekon if u havent played GTA san andreas then that game is the better option. Its got more variety and in the end is more fun to play. GTA4 however is really realistic and it does have some great gameplay but yea San Andreas is better.
dbershevits
GTA is a good game, but its still GTA. I like the game alot and it probobly is the best PS3 game, but its still not aa amazing game. I think if they added alot more small things like Driving Planes, having keys to cars and so on it would have improved the game play. But, its still the best next gen gta style game to come out.
spinout
oh now at the dimitri quest... hard one, get shoot at... well keep on trying.

GTA 4 is a great game, the framerate sucks but I enjoy it much.

Anf this girlfriend thing? getting married is the goal?

Ha, get a lorry n drive straight up towards a copcar n the cops fly outof the window!!!
sallahuddin92
i love this game... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Seiji
Firilacroco, I heard the PC version may be released Oct. 30. I heard there are really some high system requirements though. If your PC can run Crysis though, I would say it could run anything.
Wuppie
Seiji wrote:
Firilacroco, I heard the PC version may be released Oct. 30. I heard there are really some high system requirements though. If your PC can run Crysis though, I would say it could run anything.

It is said that Crysis couldn't run on consoles (at least Xbox360) so Crysis needs a better system than GTA4.
Techie87
I'm just curious when they gonna release the PC version. Hopefully it's a new game, not a worthless port from ps3 Sad
Wuppie
Techie87 wrote:
I'm just curious when they gonna release the PC version. Hopefully it's a new game, not a worthless port from ps3 Sad

I think it'll be a port but the controls will be changed, I think auto-aim will be deleted, just like in GTA: SA.
marciomarques
Simple the best.

I love this game.

I hope it will be like any other and not take much its launch.
I am very curious.
Wuppie
GTA4 coming November for the PC! That's great, and I can't wait.
lethaltriad
Yeah November is gonna be a great month, enough time to get a new video card and upgrade some of my hard ware specs.
Indyan
Now I know what I am gonna do during my winter vac Very Happy
Cant wait for the game.
spinout
Just passed the section with the burning quarters... Well, good to move to another place... But missions are left on the first islands, ie long cartravels ahead...

The pc-version. Always welcome of course. Always a better way to manage a better framerate!
Nutteloos
Anticipating the PC release... can't be bothered to buy a console, but we knew this was coming right? Smile
jasonpunks
Nutteloos wrote:
Anticipating the PC release... can't be bothered to buy a console, but we knew this was coming right? Smile
Shocked yeah i guess releasing the pc ver. is inevitable, due to the high request from their patrons. and they should! they started gta on pc platform. I don't want to buy a console for that game so I am really excited for the pc release Very Happy DO NOT DISaPPOINT ME ROCKSTAR GAMES!!!! OR ELSE CURSE YOU!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *cough* *cough* *aHeM!!!* GTAIV looks really fun. i've seen their videos and I can't wait to get my hands on it Very Happy weeeheeeeww...

-I discourage any form of piracy. guys... buying an original copy is our only way thank these game developers for making such great games. let us do our part. Embarassed Twisted Evil Wink
QrafTee
It's one of the best GTA games in the series. I personally liked it and would give it a 9/10. My friends like San Andreas just a bit more than GTA4 because they liked the whole territory things rather than having just a story in GTA4.
zyd666
since i havn't PS3 (only 2) , that means that i'm not playing
just can wish =]
or wait until it ll available on PC too.
some one know when it ll be available on PC ?
cyber9
Sapa yang tau tuh. ( Who is know?) bahasa inggris gw jelek yach.. Maklum baru belajar.
zeroburnrox
yeah i guess releasing the pc ver. is inevitable, due to the high request from their patrons. and they should! they started gta on pc platform. I don't want to buy a console for that game so I am really excited for the pc release Very Happy DO NOT DISaPPOINT ME ROCKSTAR GAMES!!!! OR ELSE CURSE YOU!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *cough* *cough* *aHeM!!!* GTAIV looks really fun. i've seen their videos and I can't wait to get my hands on it Very Happy weeeheeeeww...

-I discourage any form of piracy. guys... buying an original copy is our only way thank these game developers for making such great games. let us do our part