FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Will it be as good?

Srs2388
I am tired of windows... vista is yet again messing up. saying internet explorer isn't compatible.. i hate XP..
i have mac OS X installed on another partition but a lot of things aren't fully compatible i wanted to try it out..
should i just work around things and make OS X run better?
or will a "real mac" work better?
mehulved
Srs2388 wrote:
or will a "real mac" work better?

Real mac will work better as the actual drivers are available only for the Apple provided hardware.
Srs2388
i thought so... I wanted to try the OS out before actually going out and buying a mac though... when I get more cash I am thinking about buying a mac... seriously getting countless errors on mac os x.
Diablosblizz
I'm not sure why you hate XP, but it's perfect for me. I'm not quite ready for Vista yet, going to wait until at least SP2 before I ask myself if I want to switch. If not, Windows 7 is coming out in the future so I can stick with XP for the time being.

May I ask why you don't like XP? And you could probably go to a Mac store, or even a FutureShop or Bestbuy or something near you and spend maybe 30 minutes seeing what features the Mac has. I love the look of Macs, but I've heard that if they break they can be costly to fix, heck iPod headphones are $70 ALONE! Jeez, I could buy a better set of buds for that price.
csoftdev
you have mac and linux to choose from. you can try Ubuntu/Kubuntu if you are interested in linux. Mac can run without the need of actual mac machine. so you can try it anytime, but you need a license for that.
Srs2388
I have mac on this dell demension im on.. it runs quiet fast.. i also have it on my inspiron laptop. it doesn't support everything though.
I don't really like doing things illegal though.
it runs really well. except for the factors of no sound.. and graphics card is unsupported.
the wireless worked at first then quit.
lol.
I don't like XP because it is kind of outdated these days... doesn't have as many nice features. I love the look/feel of vista.. but with my 2GB of ram in a laptop it takes over a gig just running without using any programs.
I want a macbook pro with 2GB of ram, then a dual boot with vista in case i need it for something that requires windows.
I also love the look of a mac.
the factor of not worrying with virus's is also something i like about it.
I haven't got to try the new leopard out yet.. There isn't a store around here that sales macs. I'd have to drive quiet some ways to test one out. I live close to memphis tennessee.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
I want a macbook pro with 2GB of ram, then a dual boot with vista in case i need it for something that requires windows.

Actually, there is no need to Dual Boot it because it could already come with Windows. Mac has finally allowed Windows to be ran on their systems, both XP and Vista. More information:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

Sure XP is a bit outdated, but their still updating the operating system a lot more than thought. But, to each his own. Also, there are viruses for Macs, you just don't hear a lot about them because there isn't a lot, because the viruses for Windows are coded on Linux and Mac.

I am also really surprised that you don't have a Futureshop or anything near you, then again your in United States so everything is probably different.

Good luck with your choice.
Srs2388
oh we have a ton of stores around here, i don't know why they don't carry macs though.
i do love my latptop though. it is very fast.
LostOverThere
I'd try to stay away from Boot Camp as much as possible, from my experience its pretty slow.

Instead, just find some alternative software. Smile
Studio Madcrow
LostOverThere wrote:
I'd try to stay away from Boot Camp as much as possible, from my experience its pretty slow.

Instead, just find some alternative software. Smile

Really? Boot Camp is just a boot manager that allows you to install multiple OSes on a Mac. Benchmarks show that Windows running natively on Mac hardware (aka using Boot Camp) is just as fast (no faster and no slower) as Windows running on similarly specced "generic" hardware.

Still, if you have a Mac, I can't see any reason to run windows unless you have games that need it.