FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

E3: Avatars and a completely new dashboard

McDucque
Mii-like avatars with millions of possible combinations have been announced to replace gamerpictures. Avatars show up on gamertags and in new games such as the new Scene It! title and various live marketplace titles such as a video game trivia title and a massively multiplayer adaption of NBC show 1vs100.

There's also a new dashboard I really like, kinda resembles the current ps3 dashboard, but horizontal rather than vertical.

Anyone have a problem with Microsoft building upon things originally conceptualized by Nintendo and Sony?

I could care less, i think they're great.
QrafTee
McDucque wrote:
Mii-like avatars with millions of possible combinations have been announced to replace gamerpictures. Avatars show up on gamertags and in new games such as the new Scene It! title and various live marketplace titles such as a video game trivia title and a massively multiplayer adaption of NBC show 1vs100.

There's also a new dashboard I really like, kinda resembles the current ps3 dashboard, but horizontal rather than vertical.

Anyone have a problem with Microsoft building upon things originally conceptualized by Nintendo and Sony?

No, I don't have a problem with Microsoft stealing ideas from their competitors. I mean many ideas aren't original nowadays, but I don't like how they kept denying the fact that they were doing the Avatars until E3.
McDucque
QrafTee wrote:
McDucque wrote:

No, I don't have a problem with Microsoft stealing ideas from their competitors. I mean many ideas aren't original nowadays, but I don't like how they kept denying the fact that they were doing the Avatars until E3.

Well, its a big announcement, cause it means there's a dashboard update thats big, and there was. Avatars would look dumb on the old dashboard.

So no harm in keeping it a secret.