FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

E3: Final Fantasy XIII coming to 360

McDucque
Its officially been confirmed, the last announcement of the Microsoft Press Conference.

Big NEWS!
Fire Boar
It was going to happen. They've already made games for the Playstation, DS, Gamecube and Wii, it makes sense that Microsoft would want to splash some money into Square Enix for the next installment of Final Fantasy. And SE would be happy to do it, since the XBox 360 is doing much better than the PS3, and is sort-of on par with the Wii.
QrafTee
Fire Boar wrote:
It was going to happen. They've already made games for the Playstation, DS, Gamecube and Wii, it makes sense that Microsoft would want to splash some money into Square Enix for the next installment of Final Fantasy. And SE would be happy to do it, since the XBox 360 is doing much better than the PS3, and is sort-of on par with the Wii.

Actually since '08 the PS3 has been doing better than the 360, but it makes since for Square Enix to exchange favors for money with Microsoft since it's only a win-win situation for them. The only company who loses in this is Sony... obviously.
AK47BLAZE
Fire Boar wrote:

No, xbox is not doing better or much better then the sony. You guys may say we don't have games, but we do and very exclusive ones. The Xbox is actullay more then the PS3 if you look at it, You buy all those you acceroies and it may even get the rrod so....

But FF on xbox, that is retatred. I do not play FF but still this was supposed to be a PS3 Exclusive.
QrafTee
AK47BLAZE wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:

No, xbox is not doing better or much better then the sony. You guys may say we don't have games, but we do and very exclusive ones. The Xbox is actullay more then the PS3 if you look at it, You buy all those you acceroies and it may even get the rrod so....

But FF on xbox, that is retatred. I do not play FF but still this was supposed to be a PS3 Exclusive.

After some research, several people and I figured out how this isn't as bad as we originally thought for Sony. Sony bailed Square back in the days and invested in their stocks--which is why they had a very good relationship. Sony is not the majority owner--obviously--but they have a large percentage in Square--now Square Enix--stock. Still, it's a major blow to Sony.
gwsystem
Its horrible, I bought PS3 tinking that I'll be proud that FF series will be exclusive to Sony. Now that Xbox has it, it's a big blow to me too! Not to mention Sony. But $$ makes the world go on. Without it, I tink we will kiss FF goodbye if Square breaks down. So sad..
Fire Boar
Of course the XBox sales are slowing down. It's an older console.

See here for actual worldwide sales totals - XBox and Wii have both far surpassed PS3. In fact, Wii has sold almost double. They might be a little out of date but unless you're suggesting that 6 million more PS3s than XBoxes were shifted in the last 4 months, it changes little.

It's not horrible that FF is opening up beyond the realms of Sony consoles. It's a natural progression. If Sony kept all their publishers indefinitely, they would have no need to innovate, no need to try and better their console. That was the mistake they made with the PS3 at launch. Conversely, Nintendo, who were losing with the Gamecube, felt pressured to innovate to stay in the game. The result? Wii, and DS. Both are doing extremely well and have shot to the top of the leaderboard.
Kelcey
This is huge. The way I see it is that Sony's exclusives simply can't compete with Microsoft's exclusives and timed exclusives. The PS3 simply isn't the jrpg machine. The fact that it had ffxiii under its belt kept people from getting the 360 for star ocean, tales of vesperia, eternal sonata (i know it's NOW multi), lost oddyssey, and blue dragon since FFXIII was the king. Now that the 360 has it, there's no doubt where jrpg fans should go. Sony just lost that whole audience. That's a HUGE audience for Sony as well.
QrafTee
I have to admit though, now that Final Fantasy XIII is no longer a PS3 exclusive; I'm more curious of what kind of game Final Fantasy XIII Versus is going to be.
Kunkstar7
Well this is going to make my PS3 or 360 decision a little easier. Especially if the PS3 version doesn't have any exclusive content.
QrafTee
Kunkstar7 wrote:
Well this is going to make my PS3 or 360 decision a little easier. Especially if the PS3 version doesn't have any exclusive content.

That didn't make my decision any easier. However, the Red Ring of Death, the 2nd-gen Red Ring of Death, and the Xbox LIVE subscription--which is free for Games of Windows LIVE now--does make it easier for me... Well Naruto Ultimate Storm, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, LittleBigPlanet, Folding@Home--you heard me--Playstation Home, free online service--via PSN--and $100 cash back also made it easier to make my decision.
selevan
I want to say just Laughing

Damny funny, PS3 lost "main weapon".

I hope to see only FF also on PC, it would be great thing ! Go, go Square Enix, good move Wink
driftingfe3s
I was happy at this anouncement too beacue I love RPGs and I've enjoyed many Final Fantasy games and I don't have a PS3. I'm just glad the xbox 360 another RPG to add to its limited collection. Now if they'd only port Metal Gear Solid 4... Sad
SaraJade
Okay...let's take some numbers shall we.

Xbox360's current worldwide sales = 19,633,986 (or 20.06 million)
PS3's current worldwide sales = 10,646,837 (or 14.56 million)

(depending on which site you use)

Now according to numerous data sources...ON AVERAGE...over the past year the PS3 HAS NOT outsold the Xbox360 (remember that's ON AVERAGE...which doesn't mean it hasn't outsold it at various times) but...just for the sake of argument...

If the PS3 were to DOUBLE the average monthly sales of the Xbox360 (584,320) starting from right now (August 4th, 2008) it would need to do that for SEVEN STRAIGHT MONTHS (approximately) while the 360 would have to sell ZERO and all this would have to happen in order for the PS3 to finally equal the 360's installed base.

IF the PS3 were able to DOUBLE the 360's AVERAGE sales month to month while the 360 kept the same AVERAGE sales...then it would take FIFTEEN STRAIGHT MONTHS! (approximately) Again, that would be what would have to happen for the PS3 to EQUAL the 360's installed base.

S.
QrafTee
SaraJade wrote:
Okay...let's take some numbers shall we.

Xbox360's current worldwide sales = 19,633,986 (or 20.06 million)
PS3's current worldwide sales = 10,646,837 (or 14.56 million)

(depending on which site you use)

Now according to numerous data sources...ON AVERAGE...over the past year the PS3 HAS NOT outsold the Xbox360 (remember that's ON AVERAGE...which doesn't mean it hasn't outsold it at various times) but...just for the sake of argument...

If the PS3 were to DOUBLE the average monthly sales of the Xbox360 (584,320) starting from right now (August 4th, 2008) it would need to do that for SEVEN STRAIGHT MONTHS (approximately) while the 360 would have to sell ZERO and all this would have to happen in order for the PS3 to finally equal the 360's installed base.

IF the PS3 were able to DOUBLE the 360's AVERAGE sales month to month while the 360 kept the same AVERAGE sales...then it would take FIFTEEN STRAIGHT MONTHS! (approximately) Again, that would be what would have to happen for the PS3 to EQUAL the 360's installed base.

S.

You do realize that the PS3 has been doing better than the Xbox 360 since the beginning of this year, right? Or so I remember reading about it. But I am seeing the 360 perhaps coming back when the prices of their consoles drop yet again in September. And looking at the numbers, the PS3 isn't slacking considering it was released three weeks shy of a year AFTER the 360.

Remember there are reasons why exclusives are exclusives... it's so those who do not buy at launch will buy them when Game X is released on Console Y. Duh? Or did exclusives mean something else altogether?
kanarya
i really felt like crying when i heard @ E3 FFXIII was coming on XBOX360, those capitalist (...) took the best game from PS3 the playstation was known for its FF games and now this has been eliminated anyway im happy XBOX360 users will be known with the great experience of Final fantasy (btw this is my favourite game)
Starrfoxx
Out of the 3 consoles, the only one I have is the Wii. I wanted to get a PS3 eventually for the Bluray, PS2 compatibility (with certain PS3 versions), and FF13. I wanted to get an Xbox for the exclusive games, media center, and I have friends who have 360's.

I can't get both, so I was leaning towards the PS3. Not anymore. Bluray is not a big deal to me, and this announcement is shifted my views towards the 360 now.
insideout1
Im a final fantasy fan myself, my all time fav was FF7 on playstation and im glad to hear that there is one comming out on xbox360. Iv only recently bought my 360 and im loving it. apart from the gaming aspect, i love being able to stream videos directly from my pc onto my xbox, no more burning dvds lol.
I didnt like the fact tho that it cant play all types of video files depending on the codec used, but then i discovered this nice bit of free software called tversity, and all is awsome now. It converts the videos in real time so that the 360 can view em, without loss of quality.
insideout1
Oh, and apart from the xbox i also own a wii. I liked it at first, but the novalty kinda wore off, then it just sat there collecting dust so i gave it to my gf and dont miss it a bit. I was also an owner of a ps2 but again, i was kinda disapointed in it and stopped playing it after a while. So this time i went in the microsoft direction and im very happy i did.
votd
Well, PS3 is not all about Final Fantasy series, you know. This will be a good example, that the console will be kept going nevertheless how many exclusives will be published on Xbox 360.

Well, but still, previous FFs were on PSX/PS2 as exclusives, so! :].